1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

StarNews Network Groundwork

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by JacobKram, May 6, 2014.

1. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

[​IMG]
    Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

As you may have already been aware, however quite some time has past, the idea of an unbiased news network had been floating around the forum. Today I hope to turn that concept into a reality.

Myself along with my associate, Sai, have been spit-balling ideas and trudging our way through the muck that is structure. Because, of course, before a building is built, it must first have a concrete foundation. Something for which to build upon and this takes time.

Time which has been spent well.

Between the two of us ( and a few other minor individuals ), we believe we can officially take the first step into managing this creation. We have already put down the base and now require supports.

For that we require in character and out of character staff.

Now, we have written in-character applications, which we assume those who are interested in participating in the continued advancement of this project, out of character, will fill out.

We would very much appreciate your assistance. Unfortunately, depending on the position one is applying for, we cannot guarantee acceptance as our standards are very strict.

The following are the current employment opportunities provided by StarNews Network.
    Note: If you are interested in applying, please be aware that it may take some time and every response should be thoughtful and thorough. Please allow up to seventy-two hours, following the completion of your application, before submitting a notice to myself or Sai regarding its completion. We also ask that those who have applied post a response in this thread containing statement as to how they felt about the application process.

Also, the images are the links to the applications.

StarNews Personnel

[​IMG]

The all-important news anchor, the individual(s) who are the life of the party. Make no mistake, though, this position comes with many responsibilities!

[​IMG]

The infamous reporter, those guys who come knocking on your door asking for information or show up at a political debate with their recording device to get the next big scoop!

[​IMG]

Journalist, much different from a reporter. These guys gather information and write, write, write! They don't appear on television, their work goes straight to the printing press!

[​IMG]

Camera operators are one important member of the news team! Without them, nothing would be recorded or broadcasted!

[​IMG]

Janitorial, electricians and janitors! They keep the StarNews broadcast building in top-notch condition!

StarNews Security Force (SNSF)

[​IMG]

Asset Security are the guys who protect the travelling StarNews staff, such as reporters or journalists! Extremely important members of the StarNews Team, to say the least!

[​IMG]

Campus Security keep StarNews Network's broadcast building safe from external threats! Wouldn't want some unruly evil-doers knocking at our front door!

Any questions, comments or concerns? Direct them towards myself or Sai in the form of a private forum message so as to not clutter the thread. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful rest of your day!

#1 JacobKram, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  2. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I'd like to mention on an OOC note, that we're open to new ideas and possible approaches to the development of this news rp. I for one would hate to think that I'd be restricted from the planning process of something that'll be largely catered to the public. We have heavy restrictions for IC applications and such, we have a set direction we're heading for, but if you have ideas or would like to join us in making this kind of roleplay a reality then feel free to join us!

3. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

how will you broadcast

4. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

At the very least, it would be nifty to see this take off, and what route it takes as it develops.
    Will it stay objective and unbiased? Or develop into a hard "right/Left" newsgroup by offhandedly promoting other factions.

5. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

That all depends, however initially it'll be unbiased.... maybe we could stem off branches that seem to cater news to certain colonies but are all part of the same news station.....

6. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

I bet cameras for the cameramen can be made. ;)
    [​IMG]

7. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

+1 Support

8. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

I'd be cool with signing up Markus for this just so he can have a bit of work. Probably as asset security.

9. Zach

Zach New Member

After talking to TAP, I would like to lead a music/dj department of the radio station, preferrable if able to keep the name 'Galaxy Radio'.

10. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

How can we go about opening a news faction? I'm pretty sure we have enough people involved. If we don't get a faction I'm not sure how to go about reporting until we get one.... could always plan out subjects and wing it...