1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Warning about Opportunity...

Discussion in 'Archives' started by TAP123, May 4, 2014.

1. Serena's Pikachu

Serena's Pikachu New Member

Sharp rises to anger.. Now I'm able to wrap my head around this a little better.

2. They

They New Member

Oh come on, it's Sen, you have to be aggressive with him. Plus he just said he'd kill everyone in the colony.

3. Serena's Pikachu

This is starnet where every threat must be proven by "violent video's" everyone freaks out about. Plus IT'S SEN! How can you take it seriously?..

4. They

They New Member

I wasn't. Geeze, sarcasm is lost on you.

5. Serena's Pikachu

I appologize. The tone of your message was a tad difficult to read. Like any other attempt at sarcasm on starnet..

6. They

They New Member

Yeah, that I agree with you on... Well, whatever. I've said my piece here. It'll be interesting to see what people think of me.

7. Serena's Pikachu

Same. That's enough starnet for one night anyways. G'night/G'morning/G'day!

8. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Observation. Well this is clusterfucky isn't it?

-Sal-237

9. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

As a citizen of Opportunity, I would like to provide some insight.

In Sai's testimony, the armored stranger used his weapon in public on 2 accounts, which would technically, be against the law. The fact that officials are not arresting the individual yet pursuing to enforce their laws by attempting to arrest Sai is a load of hypocrisy. To me, it is incompetence in law enforcement. They have means to make sure that their law is followed but choose on which citizen gets arrested and tried, while the other "citizen" who may not even be a legitimate citizen gets off freely. In the first event, the stranger had his gun visibly pointed at Sai before his own weapon was drawn. There was no retaliation besides a few snarky comments. And now, the stranger's friend decides to take justice into her own hands and deliberately attempts to physically assault another citizen of Opportunity. With Sai feeling as if his life is threatened, he has every right to draw out his weapon purely out of self defense. Note that two supposed citizens attempted to assault another first. Now Sai, probably never seeing the stranger's gun until now decided that the rounds loaded could be lethal. It was never apparent that the stranger had non lethal projectiles loaded into his weapon. It could have very well been lethal cartridges and Sai attempting to defend himself should be justified. The second account of weapons being drawn is debatable. It was MENTIONED that the firearm was NOT loaded beforehand. The official's failure to pay attention to this led to events being taken to the extreme. Then the official allows herself to be placed in a chokehold, without any attempts to use the skills that are supposed to be instilled in all officers of law enforcement. Any officer who can not properly respond to an individual tensing up while being arrested is incompetent in my book. And again, without any jurisdiction over law enforcement, the stranger takes law into his own hands instead of leaving it to the official to handle herself. Sai obviously had no intention in shooting the head of security. He looks like a well rounded citizen who generally follows the law. In fact, the whole problem originated due to Sai's suspicions of the armored stranger not being properly registered as a citizen. If it weren't for weapons being drawn by the stranger, and the deliberate assault by his friend, I can bet all the damn voxels in the world that Sai would have just gone and reported it to security, who would then look into the situation and probably find that this stranger is not a citizen after all.

Then comes Ria's apparent words that makes it clear to Sai that he will never be part of law enforcement due to his opinions. What in the galaxy is this? An official is denying a citizen a right to be a part of their law enforcement simply because of the official's pride being too great. Overall, I wouldn't care much about this as it is irrelevant to the current situation at hand. The real problem is, why has the stranger not yet been arrested and what has happened to the stranger's friend who also committed assault?

LT Graveson

10. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Look, I've known Sai for a pretty long time. All I have to say? He's a dick. I like him, but he's a dick. I wouldn't trust him with a gun. I'd give him residency under the circumstances of him being scanned or whatever for weapons, then force him to put them back on his ship if he has any. If he refuses, firearms should be drawn and he could be banned. I've thrown in my two cents. Good luck, Sai. Don't get yourself killed.

-R.D​

11. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

The Relzurautt Armada will continue to support the colony of Opportunity. As leader of the Armada I understand that every organization has to deal with incidents of undesirables acting out in a fashion that conflicts with the established law.

H.L. Hollow.

12. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

((Apologies for OOC. But just as a note, people should really be tagging their posts with the name/username of the character that is making the post. Thank you. :) ))

13. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

This whole thing is a fucking mess. See, this is why I live on the other side of the planet. So I don't have to put up with this crap.

~Lavinda

((I'm pretty sure most people did that with their first post. Hell, it's what I do.))

14. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

[​IMG]
    *Encrypted as R34P3r*
    After taking into account the many replies made in response to the initial posting, it sounds to me like Sai is just impulsive and paranoid.

Law on Earth was separated into two terms in which were used to determine whether or not an individual was guilty or innocent of committing a crime.

Mens Rea: Guilty Mind; Actus Reus: Guilty Act.

These terms were used since in some cases, there's a fine line between whether or not someone was aware of what they were doing.

Yes, Sai did put a gun to the Officers head. However, take into account the fact that he was knocked out and woke up in a room where a suspicious individual was not constrained. I'm not sure about you, but if I was in the position of Sai, after having my opinion disregarded for a man who was an illegal on that planet ( or at least presented himself illegal at the time ), I'd be afraid that the two may be in cahoots and that I could potentially lose my life because of my "suspicious personality."

I see it as he was afraid for his life and ended up doing some stupid sh*t.

I do stupid sh*t too.

I'm not saying he's completely innocent, I am saying that I believe if action was going to be taken against Sai, punishment should be equally placed on the other two persons initially involved.

That chick that attacked him and the man who knocked him out with darts. One for felony assault, the other for felony assault. Sai, from what I read, had yet to assault someone, so probably a misdemeanor assault.

Maybe have Sai pay for the camera as well.

As for the way this all played out, it was blown way out of proportion and should have never gone as far as it did.

The gun to the head thing, he did not have a guilty mind when performing the action and he hadn't actually done anything past the threat of it.

Again, that sounds to me like a high class assault since he hadn't harmed the victim or had the intentions to do so.

This is just how I've processed what is being explained.

Please don't ban me.

#34 JacobKram, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
  15. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

It seems no matter where I go, people just can't leave each other alone.
    - Galen

16. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Yeah. Pretttty much.
    Sorry, Sai, but I've gotta agree with Randal on this one.
    -Corvus

17. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-GoldLeaf-
    Two long, Did not read.
    Floran opinion is stab

18. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Opportunity may have a lot of few flaws (Like some I have previously listed) and as you walk down the street you may feel slightly terrified at the lack of sentry guns and whatnot, but in the end thats what makes Opportunity special, right? Theres not much in the way of defense but there is so much good as well, even if the security is corrupted (I dont know myself) Then it is corrupted in that beautiful way that makes you feel as if you are in a nice, safe, cosy dystopia. Thats my attempt at making "Motivational words" anyway. [Insert carbon based "Smiley face" creature here]
    - Irontide

19. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I don't have enough information on this to make a logical conclusion on who is right and who is wrong. My opinion is that everyone involved in this overreacted completely. I don't really have anything more to contribute.

-Gamma

20. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Cole,

I had no idea those darts were sedative, my first impression is that they contained some lethal poison meant to kill. Not sure I would have pulled out my gun, on a man in full set of armor with a concealed wrist device, if I didn't think my life was being threatened by him. I announced I had my weapon on me, this person didn't, and obviously nobody questioned the fact that he can just raise an arm and shoot someone he doesn't like or knock out people when the situation suits him.

As far as Lunetta goes... I probably deserved getting my ass beat up. But I guess Onyx having authority on level of a peaceshaper can nerve toxin his way out of situations and be left off the hook for it.

*Edit ((Didn't see there was a page two to the thread until after I made this post XD ))

Everyone has intentions, what they meant to happen, etc. What's done is done. The devil is in the details and I'm no way spared from that, I'm just trying to see what the public has to say with my warning. So, if you people from Opportunity have had your fill of arguing your side... let's leave this open for everyone else to look at. There's no problem in looking over the facts right?

#40 TAP123, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014