1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Floran Lisps & Glitch Speech: Optional Y/N?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kai, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I personally dislike this bit, as with the amount of people that have "upgraded voiceboxes" or "enhanced this-and-that", it makes the upgrades out to be cheap and accessible to anyone. When in reality they should be expensive, hard to come by and have medical drawbacks. I know it's the future, but not everything works perfectly in the future.

2. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

fucking Astora talking like a Glitch 'n shit

he's a goddamn human

There have been other human knights as well, such as Justificatus (who is now dead, but still). The fact that the Knight's Order accepts non-Glitch knights means you really have no excuse if you want to get all medieval without having to use the Glitch way of speaking. I get the appeal of non-organic life, obviously, but you still rolled a visibly emotionless robot! Play the part!

#62 M-Bot, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Trite

Trite New Member

honestly it was just an example behind the whole argument about how you have to ~like your race 100%~ or else your character is automatically bad

we already have in-lore examples of both races not using their accents and being okay

but i think this thread is slowly derailing to 'other races who act human with no justification whatsoever'

4. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

Response. I don't get what's the big deal about Glitch prefixes.
    Educate. Probably since the only character I have is a rather combat oriented Glitch-Knight whom I have RP'd as ever since I joined this server.
    Addendum. Anyhow, how I've viewed the prefix to be is that a Glitch has to overcome his use of the prefix either through mental effort or modification.
    Clarification. Mostly through effort, which is why John M893-CV hasn't bothered with it. He also finds any procedures that tamper with his head questionable.
    Addendum. Although this means that while the non-prefix using Glitch are rare, they're not an impossibility.
    Query. Why am I using these prefixes?
    Reason. To f**k with you.
    Addendum. And to prove a point about spamming them not being such a big hassle after you get used to it.

Educate. And one more thing, that abomination of a ssspeech pattern that combinesss the Floran lisssp and Glitch prefixesss isss a thing. It'sss called the Taranisss Accent. Having Glitch and Floransss living in closssse proximity wasssn't the bessst idea for ssspeech, but what'sss ya gonna do about it.

Gratitude. Thank you for your time.

5. Lorelai17

Lorelai17 New Member

I'm honestly surprised this is not adressed in the Rules sections, and more regulated... Enhancements like this do seem like a direct, open line to being OP or breaking immersion without regulation. (( Sorry for going off topic. ))

6. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

no-one has pointed out how weird it is that most floran characters type their lisp when posting IC.

7. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Yeah, I think it's been mentioned before, and I think most florans just have their grubby hands on a voice-to-text recognizer. But it shouldn't include the lisp. Otherwise if people used them today with a lisp, it'd be typing like thith if you can't pronounth the letter 'S'.

8. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

THEN HOW DO BURDS SPEAK!?

"Hello there Mr. Avian, I see you've come to visit my store again. Will it be the usual Mr. Avian?"
    "SQUAWK SQUAWK SCREEEEE CHIRP!"
    "Mhmmm, mhmm the usual. Would you like paper of plastic?"
    "SCREEEEEEEEE CHIRP CHIRP SQUAWK!!!"
    "Of course Mr. Avian, here you go. Thanks for the tip, and have a nice day now Mr Avian."
    "I'M A FUCKIN BURD CHIRP CHIRP SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

9. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

that's pretty much hawke and skarti right there

10. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

shrekt

game ogre

11. Farathil

Farathil New Member

Sorry for lack of playing work and stuff...
    but yeah my Floran has a lack of a lisp. He kind of adapted a mix between Floran and Glitch.
    I am happy with his turn out.
    He is a little mix of both, he still enjoys blood, yet he can communicate a little better than most Floran.
    I am planning to make a Glitch Ranger character soon. :) That will be pretty interesting.
    I might even make a rebellious Apex. Due to the revolution and such. Idk.
    :EDIT: Old necro, but I wanted to clear my character up a little. :p