1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Need to tone down the military awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friskydeath, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friskydeath

friskydeath New Member

Hey notice alot of people got military awards in their signatures. Some look like campaign awards. Was always taught to use awards and such in larping and rp but never to use campaign badges. They are of a personal nature and deserve respect. I know all the awards look similar but wearing a veitnam badge with a kuwait liberation badge is a little confusing. I myself earned the noble eagle and enduring freedom campaign awards. So asking to tone it down a little when it comes to campaign awards. Go nuts with all the rest and be a px ranger.

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Stop. Most of your posts could be done in private messages. Please, stop.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

troll?

4. friskydeath

friskydeath New Member

no not realy and its more of me asking for some basic respect in regards to those who serve. Has nothing to do with trolling.

5. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I fully respect those who serve, and see no disrespect in having a realistic approach to RP. Were staff to approach and say to remove them, I would. I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt with a serious response, but your posts are spotty and misinformed.

6. Venom

Venom New Member

None of them are campaign ribbons. The closest thing we have is the Expeditionary medals. I hate to sound like an asshole, but if you served and earned said ribbons you would know what they looked like and understand the difference between a campaign ribbon and what we use. Furthermore, we have and have had active duty service members in this faction. They have not said a thing.

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Most of the award bits are being used in a fictional sense with fictional meaning attached. There is no intent to use or display them as if they have been earned in real life, this is similar to an actor in a show/movie carrying a purple heart. Its all fiction and the resemblances are there for the purpose of the story.

Personally I find them gaudy and clashing slightly with the look of the forum but thats my aesthetic preference.

8. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

He doesn't use the xenforo style.

9. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

lol my aesthetic preferences dont count for shit though. Otherwise the forum style would be derped. But anyway, my point? Mountain out of a molehill at worst
    Because I can't fathom how pretend time, is offensive. Now if they went around making characters called Sgt Fobbit who did nothing but sit in a storage unit fapping, and make referenvea to conflicts that are in extremelypoor taste, then I could see it. But using a handful of ribbons not so much.

10. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

The only issue I see with stuff like that is that it oversizes the signatures of people. But that can be said about anyone who uses signatures that are really large.

11. Sen

Sen Guest

shit how did you know about my next plot

12. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Well I mean, even then all they have to do is put it in a spoiler tag and the signatures fine, theres really no issue with this and the OP should've taken it to whisper, end of discussion from my point of view, sorry OP.

13. Trite

Trite New Member

I think this thread should be locked before it goes any further downhill.

OP shows signs he doesn't know what he is talking about in his posts, and even if he was an army veteran I'm inclined to value more the opinion of the many members who have served in duty and rped here as opposed to that of some random guy who saw a forum signature and got 'offended'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.