1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Pirates Disscussion

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Steamy, Apr 1, 2014.

?

What should the name of the pirate crew be?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2014.
  1. The star raiders.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The space outlanders.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The void marauders.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Crimson corsairs

100.0%
  1. Wreth

Wreth New Member

So... you guys want to attack a USCM prisoner vessel? You'd get some nice booty, and I'd say the guy you free would be pretty motivated to join the pirates.

2. guguy123

guguy123 New Member

Does said vessel agree to the raid? If so, when and where? This seems like a great raid.

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Not yet, I wanted to check it was a viable idea with you guys first.

4. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

But what motivation would we have to attack the ship it's not like we have any crew members aboard.

5. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Nevermind guys

6. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

First few upgrades to the ship have been finished. All funded by robbing a classy apex (hehe).
    Upgrades include:
    - New turbines
    - Bigger engine room and room for Kroka's workshop
    - New beds!
    - M0re guns

Loot ( List to reference when people demand IC explanations )
    - Bar (500 pixels)
    - Avian (Stole some maps from her ship)
    - Apex (35,000 pixels)

7. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Pirates, Come out todayyay,
    Pirates, come out todaaaayay.

#147 SirFruitcakes, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  8. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

[​IMG]

9. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

The pirates are still recruitin, aye? I made a character mainly for joinin ya nerds. :^)

10. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I mean the captain has hopes for this to become a faction at some point, so yeah, the vessel can always get bigger as we get more people

speaking of that, have you guys worked on the big ship I posted? Soon as I get back home I'll work on it like cray cray, so if you made any change/expansion I wanna see where it's at pls

11. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Uhhhh I don't know how to break it you, but IT GOT WIPED!!!! IT GOT WIPED BAD!!!!

12. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

im cry and drink a lot of apple juice

13. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Ya were still recruiting.

14. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Just adding another wealth ledger I posted from the steam group to the forum. View attachment 1062

Attached Files:

15. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

16. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

If you are looking for any lady pirates Mishka is available.

Mishka lost her Job at Starshine Cleaning and is looking for a new job. She was a hazardous waste clean up member. Basically getting rid of dead bodies. The company she worked for used the dead bodies to synthesize drugs from the carbon. So if you want a possibly infinite amount of drugs sign Mishka up. Might be able to peddle drugs to leaders of colonies to gain some influence.

Also, it gives us a reason to be more murderous and bloody IC. Not sure if you guys like this idea.

17. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Approv'd by me, at least, Kuma!
    Drugs seem like a cool thing, so if the pirates start trading them, maybe it'll become popular.

18. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Sweet. I was making some guns. Maybe I should make a set to give out as standard issue guns to pirates.

19. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Pirates aren't really that organized for the most part I don't think they would have matching guns.

20. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

"Unlike traditional Western societies of the time, many Caribbean pirate crews of European descent operated as limited democracies. Pirate communities were some of the first to instate a system of checks and balances similar to the one used by the present-day United States and many other countries. The first record of such a government aboard a pirate sloop dates to the 17th century.[44]

Both the captain and the quartermaster were elected by the crew. They, in turn, appointed the ship's other officers. The captain of a pirate ship was often a fierce fighter in whom the men could place their trust, rather than a more traditional authority figure sanctioned by an elite. However, when not in battle, the quartermaster usually had the real authority. Many groups of pirates shared in whatever they seized. Pirates injured in battle thus might be afforded special compensation similar to medical or disability insurance.

There are contemporary records that many pirates placed a portion of any captured money into a central fund that was used to compensate the injuries sustained by the crew. Lists show standardised payments of 600 pieces of eight ($156,000 in modern currency) for the loss of a leg down to 100 pieces ($26,800) for loss of an eye. Often all of these terms were agreed upon and written down by the pirates, but these articles could also be used as incriminating proof that they were outlaws." -Wikipedia

They were pretty organized. If they had a gunsmith I'm sure they would use similar guns. I was just suggesting though.