1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[NEWS] Slavers are on the rise!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by BIGtheRED, Mar 27, 2014.

1. BIGtheRED

BIGtheRED Honey-glazed Bacon

*a transmission can be picked up across many different worlds and world orbits, as it appears to be a news broadcast bouncing off of several satellites*

"... and a report in recent weeks has confirmed that there has been a dramatic rise in "Slave-Trading", an illegal activity that seems to be evading the attention of many of the factions that have vowed to ban such a practice."

"There have been accounts coming in of several missing-persons ((PC and NPC)) that may be suspected to have fallen into the horrific cycle of slave-trading, and it has prompted the attention of SNDaily (StarNet Daily) news that there exists a previously unknown, vast, underground network of slaving, slave-trading, and abuse that spans a large portion of the known galaxy.

There has been some speculation that much of this network has ties to the newly emergent Astral Empire, that has come to the recent attention of the StarNet community, and some suggest that they are, in-fact, funding or sponsoring this activity in some manner. However, there has been no confirmation that this information is true, and there exists no evidence currently indicating this link.

Stay tuned for other reports from SNDaily as this story develops."

_____

OOC Discussion:
    http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/the-dynamic-of-slaves.2754/

_____

Player Characters suspected missing:

- Crowliss
    - Zealwing
    - Tulipilia
    - ??
    - ??
    - ??

#1 BIGtheRED, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  2. Beta

Beta New Member

((Beta))
    Slave trading? Well that's just dandy isn't it?
    Fucking Florans did it I bet

3. BIGtheRED

BIGtheRED Honey-glazed Bacon

*further browsing and scrubbing through video feed of this transmission, one would see the picture of a nameless Floran ((Crowliss, of Tetanus Fields for any who may recognize the Floran by likeless)) of whom they suspect is now missing to practices of slavery*

_________

((I will begin a list of characters suspected as missing in the original post))

#3 BIGtheRED, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  4. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

****. So that's where Crowliss probably disappeared to, ****. I'd like to be informed if this suspection of the Astral Empire funding them gets any evidence. At all. -Felith

5. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

The Astral Empire doesn't hide its doing. Slavery is legal and a regulated market within our territories, including our shared systems.

6. GuardianPotato

Then if you have Crowliss, you captured the wrong floran. -Felith

7. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

We do not randomly capture people, no worries.

I should warn you though, unfortunately for "Crowliss", whoever bought him, they're now his property. Buyers are not responsible for where Slaves come from, take it up to Slave Traders, if you have a complaint. Or buy the slave again from the buyer.

8. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

Seeing as you claim to be open and honest about your actions, could you give us the names of some of your slaves, and explain why the were captured? I'd like to be a bit more informed about this.

-Cole Harris

9. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

Our slaves are prisoners of war, ex-prisoners from other societies, deported criminals and people who gave in to slavery rather than living their extremely dangerous life on slum planets. Most of them are bought from Slave Traders all around. We can't always verify the source when they're bought from Slave Traders, but our currency system and its logic makes it so no approved slave comes for an unverified source.

As for names, It'd be meaningless to drop some random names here. I clearly don't see what point I'll get accross by doing that. Their names are as common as you'd imagine. If you're looking for ethnic names especially, The Astral Empire enslaves regardless of race, gender, or specie, these factors are not at the core of our slavery.

10. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

There have been a lot of missing people in the galaxy of late, so it's probably a good idea to assure others that their people aren't being sold into slavery. If you're even suspected of selling away the innocent and unwilling, there's a good chance that others will react with needless violence. Public arrest records exist for a reason, and your records regarding slavery should be just as public.

You'll have to understand that we need to maintain order in this galaxy. I apologize if I come across as nosy or overly assertive.

-Cole Harris

11. GuardianPotato

I agree with him. -Felith

12. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

Absolutely not, I thought there was a malicious intent behind your thinking or that you were trying to prove a dull point. There's no public database yet, as nobody ever requested so. All the names of current, sold, and slaves in transition are available at our digital slave-auction stations on Luminaria. We'll work on that.

13. Corvus

Corvus New Member

A slave business, hm? Thank you for the idea, I'll send my invisible check in the mail.
    - Molren Stoutheart

14. GuardianPotato

I suggest you get a public database up, ASAP. Before you have a fleet ready to blow your asses to hell for slavery. -Felith

15. Xenos

Xenos New Member

I... I had some slavers try to abduct me... I never caught their names, but they were offering me fuel.... I gave them my coordinates, and when they beamed down, they tried to hold me hostage....

I managed to get away with minor scrapes and bruises. Amazing what happens when you threaten to blow them to kingdom come if they try to attack you...

-Elize Farwind, Agent of ANIMA

16. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

Your aggressivity and self righteousness is annoying. I don't do anything for annoying people. I'll order our secretary to pull back on that idea immediatly. Good diplomacy, and threats of intrusion. Come flaunt your petty fleet around our anti-orbital cannons and one of our fleet. Your loss.

17. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

-Mysmarri-
    Oh, boy, I don't feel too safe now. Probably need to bring my knives around more often.

18. GuardianPotato

It wasn't a threat. It was a statement. I myself wasn't going to do anything, smart one. *Audio file of sarcastic clapping* -Felith

19. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I believe this would fit well, Mr. Felith.
    [​IMG]

20. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

Keep your statements to yourself, when they include "suggesting" me what to do "ASAP" or else my "ass" will get "blow to hell". Nobody has ever suggested doing so before, I took it as a threat because your opinion is absolutely unique. If you were more informed about the political forces of the nearby systems, you'd know your advice is completely useless. Nobody challenges us, and even less "for slavery". Nobody wants to challenge us. If your opinion was formulated better, and wasn't your unique case of ignorance, I wouldn't have taken it as a threat. I thought you represented a far-away white knight-ish fleet unknown to us.