1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Article: Antimatter Hysteria

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Kazi, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Hmm, Good point.

-User unknown.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Anonymous, likely human user. There were many nuclear warheads used on Earth. This was one in many. And for your information, my home town was 'nuked'. It may seem significant to one, but splitting an atom is a crude method of destruction, and is done countless times.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

For example, if I mentioned 'Ahto City' I am sure no non-Hylotl would have bothered to know what that was. Why should we believe a war in your ancient history is more memorable than a war that nearly wiped out our species?

4. Sen

Sen Guest

haha stupid fish

floran remember with fondness kill fish on fish planet and stab and eat fish much fun

#24 Sen, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  5. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Funny, wasn't your race nearly exterminated by florans wielding clubs and other crude weapons? Or were the Hylotl actually stupid enough to nuke themselves?

-Unknown user.

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Syntia-

Not all florans are stupid or tribal. Yes, there are many tribal and stupid florans, but not _every_ floran is stupid and tribal.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Our people were too ignorant to prepare for a possible war with aliens, so we had no weapons aside from traditional katanas and such. The Florans had access to Apex ships, which frequently had nuclear armaments. A ship carrying 200+ nuclear warheads crashed intentionally into Ahto City, our center of trade and commerce on our planet.

Many Florans have the ability to be civilized and intelligent. However a majority still crave the taste of blood, as Sen continues to remind us. I appreciate the Civilized Floran, the likes of Sativa. I loathe the Savage Floran, the likes of Sen. Savage Florans are a threat to galactic peace, and have no place in our community.

8. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Syntia, if you're reading this, I want you to know that if you're ever proven to be innocent for one reason or another, you can come back to Opportunity with our deepest apologies.

-Sativa "Noah" Oran

9. Sen

Sen Guest

floran going to kill fish with own weapon

10. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Syntia-
    I'm not innocent. I do not plan to use the Antimatter for malicious purposes tho.

11. Kazi

Kazi New Member

What have you been charged with?
    -Lee

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Syntia-
    Producing and stealing antimatter.

13. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Journalist to Journalist, this guy is fucking good.

- Wynn

14. Kazi

Kazi New Member

In fairness, to my knowledge there is no current crime as producing antimatter, in addition you only took what you made so that could hardly be counted as theft. Stark currently has no additional laws listed and so I think that it follows the United Systems law system. Unless, of course, the planet this lab was not registered as one for the United Systems to protect, in which case there is technically no laws or enforcement for them except what ever that planet can muster.

As I am uncertain if the lab was located on the same planet as the Stark colony I would be interest in knowing if this location was previously registered as a protected location, and I should point out that it is only fair that such a list of planets should be made public as it is unreasonable for people to be expected to follow the "laws" of a larger organization when we don't even know which planets they claim protection/control over.

For all we know this may have appeared as an abandoned research facility with broken equipment on an unprotected planet.

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/united-systems-laws-and-acts.1688/

-Lee