1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Looking for an Optometrist.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Kai, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

((Gale))
    I have recently broken my spectacles, and I am in need of a replacement. : -(
    I would like to meet the optometrist in person, and I will provide my prescription.
    Payment is up to the optometrist. My budget is only 10 voxels.

My current spectacles are in bad shape, one of the lenses have popped out and gone missing, and the remaining lens is badly cracked. The frames are barely holding up.

It is very difficult for me to do my research with my spectacles in bad shape.
    And no, I do not want augmentation on my eyes, cybernetic or otherwise. Or contact lenses. I am fine with spectacles. :-|

2. Kai

Bump. I am getting tired into bumping into things in general.

3. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Bump. This is relevant to my interests.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

If you have desperate need for help I can offer aid. I'm not an optometrist, but seeing the vacant state of your advertisement I thought I would put this up if no one else did. I made a set of glasses for myself a while back, and if I had any specifics of your prescription I could offer some aid. The remaining cracked lens may offer help as to your prescription as long as it is not warped, bent or greatly damaged. If you do not have prescription data for both eyes, I will be unable to help unless you were able to determine your astigmatism extent, refractive index and/or general geometry of your eyes.

I advise you wait until you are certain no one else will come to aid, as I am inexperienced in this field.

Ray Beluga, Defense Engineer, Carroli Corp.

#4 Toadkid1234, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  5. DeathDealer3333

DeathDealer3333 New Member

Looks like someone can help him.

i still haven't run into anyone anywhere, sadly. until you tell me otherwise, i'll keep looking for more people who could help. ^.^

-Rachel

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Again, my specialty is not optometry, it's weaponry, however we have frequent use of magnifying lenses in my research and I could procure one for you. Since our lenses are made for high energy lasers, I would be surprised if you were able to break them without intentionally applying 2500 Newtons of force to the lens. I will not guarantee perfect clarity, but it'll be better than nothing.

Plus, it's fun to be able to smack your glasses with a hammer and see them intact. Uh, don't try that.

7. Kai

That sounds splendid. :- )
    Currently, I have found no one to help me, so I will take you up on your offer. I have my prescription printed down.

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

((Just to be sure, I don't have to find you a pair of 'scientists glasses' do I? Cuz if you were implying any more than an IC thing I can't help cuz I haz none))

9. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I will attempt to 3d model the lens (based on your prescription) to the best of my ability. This may take some time as the geometry of an eyeglass lens is complex. Also, the fused lamination process to make the lens will take a while. Expect results in a few days. I will not expect much in return, nothing more than the cost of the lamination sheets used.

10. Kai

nah, ya dont need to. i have em B) ))

11. Kai

That is a good deal! What is your name, perhaps we can meet in person? I might need your beam coordiniates, PDA code and ER frequency as well!

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

My name is Ray Beluga, I will give you beaming coordinates over private radio. What is your name and communications data?

13. Kai

Gale Dallas. I am sending over my credentials over private messaging now.

((just imagine he did, and now you can safely ER/Text him via whispers! ))

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Your spectacles are completed. I used a Durasteel frame, as it was the best fit for the job. I will try and meet up with you, look for me over comms.

15. Kai

Wonderful. I'll get to you immideatly.