1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Cause Marvel is cool

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Iris, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Is Magneto good? I haven't picked up my reservations this week, but I'm leery because Bunn is so 50/50.

But yes, this is good advice -- follow the authors you like, not the lines, not the companies, not the characters. Be willing to ruthlessly drop a title as soon as you find it uninteresting or as soon as your favourite author/artist moves on (or even if you have a favourite author, if you find him writing a character he or she is really not that great at), and you'll find pleasure in the comics you read. After twenty years of following DC, I dropped them like a hot potato when the current editorial staff decided to completely invalidate my entire era of reading and, in this way, voted with my wallet against their current strategy. (I now add to Marvel's war chest since they acquired Chris Yost and others from DC.)

I think the only comic line in my collection which has weathered the test of time for me is Hellboy/BPRD. Go, go Dark Horse!

2. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

Magneto falls into the good side of his work. Looks like it is going to be another hit.

3. Narfball

Narfball narfball

OUR SAVIOR IS HERE AND MY PROFILE PIC IS ANEW

4. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I swear that baby is too calm... like damn, how calm can you get when a raptor is carrying you around shouting very loud gospel phrases of judgement day?

To be on topic, not really a comic reader.... I've enjoyed movies of the Marvel and DC universes though! Namely Iron-man, Dark Knight Rises, etc.

5. Kazi

Kazi New Member

Mordaith you forgot to mention the new She-Hulk comic, plus the current runs of Hawkeye and Daredevil, plus I personally am loving the new Ultimate Spider-man. But I would agree with you, right now, Image is the comic book line that is kicking the most ass.

6. Iris

Iris New Member

I dont think ive been interested in comics ever since eddie brock lost the venom symbiote. Was so saddening to me. Maximum Carnage and Lethal Protector were my faves... oh god, flash being venom? terrible!

7. Silver

Flash turned out to be a compelling Venom, though. That said, Agent Venom is still very different from '92 Venom.

8. Mordaith

Mordaith New Member

And seriously. People should be reading Superior Spider-man. I think there are four trade paper backs of it. Fantastic current Spidey run. Peter Parker is dead. Doc Oc is inhabiting his body and being a better more efficient spiderman. It is batshitcrazyawesome.

9. Silver

Yeah, I've been enjoying Spider Doc from the start. As predicted, though, it'll end for the movie.

10. Iris

Iris New Member

I was under the impression that Peter was coming back? X_X (soon too!)

11. Iris

Iris New Member

Yeah... I know I should give him a chance considering the things hes been through but... you know... Eddie Brock being Toxin now? Hes cool as Toxin and Anti-Venom too but... you know, it cant beat the original Venom. But thats my opinion X_X

12. Iris

Iris New Member

Yay! A group of fun people!

[​IMG]

#32 Iris, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  13. Iris

Iris New Member

That "New 52" hurts my feelings... what happened to Superman and Captain Marvel? Superman is now acting like a douche and Captain Marvel is now some immature kid that doesnt deserve the power of Shazam.

14. Silver

More like what happened to Stephanie Brown's 20 years as Spoiler, Robin, and finally earning her way into the Batgirl mantle? I didn't follow a story for twenty years only to have it invalidated completely without even the decency of a "this still is a thing which happened."

15. Iris

Iris New Member

He's going mad!!! Someone stop him!!!

[​IMG]

16. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

ACK

17. Iris

Iris New Member

Fave DC character... He turned into a selfish brat with less similarities to superman and more thunder god-esque powers... at least he looks cool X_X

[​IMG]

18. Narfball

Narfball narfball

I looked at his face for a moment and I heard this go through my mind: "nyehehhhhhhh.. nnnn."

19. Iris

Iris New Member

lol, you know how the pre 52 shazam had those squinty eyes? thats one of the things i loved about him :p

20. Jay

Jay New Member

Hey, Iris, how long do your pictures usually take to do? There's such expression and movement in so many of them, so I'm curious!

Love your recent work, and it's great to see you posting art here again!