1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

EVE Online

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bloodrazer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

I know there are a few others on the server that play so I have decided to shell out the 1.6 million isk to start a corp. The corps name is the Arakkis Masons and our ticker is ARRMA. I am accepting anyone from the server, just type "Blood sent me" in your application to join or add Benjamin Atreides to your contacts and shoot me a message. I plan on this just being a corp for people from the server to join and have fun doing things whether it be mining, small low sec roams, or even mission running. Our home ase is currently at the Ikami Peace and Order unit in Caldari space so if you plan on joining start moving your stuff out there.

2. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I might be interested in getting in on this. One question, though.
    Why 'Arrakis Masons'?

4. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Well I have been reading a lot of Dune, and just Arakkis was taken. I couldn't think of any other names so I just made that.

5. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

im in it xP huehuehue

6. Seedbird

Seedbird New Member

I might be interested in helping if you guys are sitting on a good side of things, but it depends if you guys intend to merge with people (outside of Goonsquad) for me to retract my statement.

7. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

So far I made the corp for the people on the server to just have a place where they can grab a couple of buddies and do what they want. Be that mining or going into lowsec and poding people. I have no intent to merge it with anyone even though I have been a part of goon squad nulli, and test in the past.

8. Seedbird

Seedbird New Member

Ah, that's good! I might be able to stick myself in then. I just wanted to know if you had any intentions of putting yourself with goodsquad or someone within nullsec, just in consideration.

9. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Nah, the most I may do is pop up a POS so that I can manufacture ships for us

10. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

So, not to be pushy but are you guys joining?

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It might take me awhile. I don't hop on often.

12. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Man, it has been a while since I have taken a look at EVE. Back in my day, motherships were called motherships, caracals had a hundred blinking lights, and pirate honour was actually a thing. I've been poking around at coming back, but as a rifter pilot I got kind of shafted by the frigate balancing. The faction war thing is kind of interesting since I am a low-weight pilot, but honestly half the fun was trying to catch a ratting cattlebruiser that wasn't ready to shoot a frig.

I'm curious, I last started playing again on a trial right about when they made a bunch of changes to ice belts. If you want to indulge my laziness, how did that all pan out?

13. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Not too bad, the rifter is still one of the better frigs but the slasher is now the king of tackle and has all the same slots and tactics as a rifter. Honestly the game is still really well balanced. If you want I have two starter kits that I bough for $.99 when they were on sale that only work for new accounts and give items and 30 days of game time. I am willing to give those away to anyone who wants. So if you wanna join start up a trial and then use one of my codes and you get essentially 44 days free to test the game out. All I ask is that you let me do the refer a friend thing.

EDIT: Also roaming low-sec in a frigate or even my thrasher is still incredibly fun

14. Eleven

Did you loose your ship again:3?

15. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

I keep losing venture's trying to mine and RP at the same time :/

16. Eleven

XD that's why I close eve when rping :x

17. November

Staff Member

Part of me wants to jump at your offer Blood, but the other hates spreadsheets. Honestly the only thing I enjoy in EVE besides piracy is the politics, but all of the corps I used to respect are pretty much pushing daisies. Honestly those are probably better given to someone that hasn't had experience with EVE, especially since I have characters out there if I can remember the account information T.T

18. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Suit yourself. Personally I have found making a new account/character to be more beneficial and fun. I played EVE back in 2009 and picked it back up again last year because I remembered having a lot of fun with it. I mean, I remember when the tutorial dropped you out in an asteroid field in a rookie ship and made you learn everything right then. But I still made a new character and got involved with goon squad and nulli and frankly it is a lot more fun now that I have that fresh start. Not only that there are tools now like EFT and EVEMON that allow you to say fuck spreadsheets and test out fittings and skill training in real time. But, like I said, it is ultimately your choice.

19. November

Staff Member

TBH if I was working I would jump on it, since I don't feel like building a char to just plex myself. Evemon has been around for the longest time, I think actually someone had me using something else when I came back...Either way, I am from MMO's like Everquest where I am okay with just being dumped in and told "Here you go, welcome to pain and suffering". The corp I was running with is dead, and anymore the sovereignty stuff disinclines me to get involved again.

20. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Honestly that is why the corp I am pushing here won't go last low sec as trying to knock an established alliance off their sov is akin to trying to push trump tower over with only your hands.