1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Ships - What does your ship look like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mara, Feb 22, 2014.

1. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

... the RA doesn't even exist in the lore. It's purely character-created and driven. Not to mention that doesn't even matter to my argument, unless you're contesting the fact that the RA is based out of a fleet of ships.

2. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

It's just the fact that you said "We, of ALL people" and that implies you have the capacity to build the biggest ships yet even you don't have ships like the Ragnarok. I was just thinking that technically the US both in server and lore wise has the biggest fleet, at least as far as I know.

3. FireDrinker

FireDrinker Beware, I live!

The size of any fleet is not established to my awareness. Regardless, the bulk of the human presence in the galaxy was recalled to Mars, leaving nothing more in the galaxy than scattered closed bunkers. The Apex are explicitly stated as being the most technologically advanced. If I were to put any money down, it'd be on them in a straight up brawl.

Edit: Of course, the Apex and the likely second contender of most technologically advanced the Avians have both been around long enough that they've realized in as vast and life-filled universe as starbound, where terraformed planets are a dime a dozen, the only real control that matters is political influence over their own species. Thus they work on consolidating power within their own base. It is only the young species like the human and the floran who openly compete over space and bragging rights.

#263 FireDrinker, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

"We, of ALL people" implied that we know what we're doing when we make ships... which should be a given, seeing as ICly most of the civilian populace of the Armada lives in the Armada itself. We're a faction that is on the move, we don't have a hub world, etc. We should know how to design ships. The RA is also one of the well-established factions on the server and one of the power players. I'm sure most people can agree with that. Soldiers of the RA are outfitted with plasma weaponry and other advanced tech, all of which costs money - and yet we, as an entire faction, still would not have the resources to construct that behemoth.

My point was that it seems incredibly dubious that a single character could finance and operate something of that magnitude while an entire military faction specialized in fleet technology wouldn't have the resources to construct or operate such a thing. This wasn't about the relativistic sizes of various factions' fleets. It was about common sense, nothing more.

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

All dis political enmity, and I'm just sitting here making pretty ships.

Lighten up chumps, and post pics instead of walls of text! Take all the political crap about whose fleet is the best to another thread (and invite me cuz the winner is obviously my fleet).

6. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

[​IMG]

The TEG Davey Jones. She's seen better days. Originally a cargo vessel, converted into a smuggling ship and now back into a cargo vessel again, in service to Oregon Hawkins. Shipbreaker and Derelict Hunter Extraordinaire.

7. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

+1 bajilinty respect points for actually using the welder helmet on a character

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I like that helmet... If only it fit a person's head better.

9. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Heres Talos-6's (unfinished) Apex Destroyer class Cruiser, Miniknog, And Where I am is the Directory AKA Reference me and Insertfacerollhere Made.

[​IMG]

10. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I love how many guns the Destroyer-class cruiser has.

[​IMG]

11. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Black Represents Turrets, Red is the Main gun, Ect ect, SO MANY GUNZ

12. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

I have one more done. Its another small Frigate.

[​IMG]

Really digging this a lot lol. This is the vessel that Batou Valore (newest toon) flies in. Granted I am thinking of making him a prisoner rather than a good guy.

13. Scout

Scout New Member

[​IMG]

Nicole's ship. I'm not entirely sure what kind it is, but it's fairly small and unarmed, so I assume a large shuttle or a small freighter.

14. Sen

Sen Guest

lol, penis

15. Scout

Scout New Member

All ships are penises. Your argument is invalid.

16. Narfball

Narfball narfball

7/10 try again next year

fins are hella cool though

17. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

Here's William Trent's transport ship.
    If you look closely at the yellow room, you can see him waiting for a sandvich that will never be made.[​IMG]

18. Scout

Scout New Member

Is that the emblem for Liberty (from Freelancer) on the side of his ship?

19. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

Why, yes. Yes it is. I used the Rhino transport and changed the cockpit to be more... Well not a single man ship.

20. Scout

Scout New Member

Oh, wow, I see that now! I wasn't sure what ship it was, but now it's really clear. It looks good stretched out.