1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SBSE - Easy Player and Armor Coloring Without Mods (0.10.0 RELEASED - Pleased Giraffe supported)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phaze, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

oh my god hahaha I will definitely change that

Also you should be able to color any item, "Support for items with no color options" is just a fix for SBSE crashing when an item is equipped that has no directives and no colors defined in it's config file.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

But by item you mean like things you wear and not like tools or anything, right? That was where I was stupid.

3. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

Hey does someone wanna be awesome and help me with editing the transparent layers of items? I've never been able to figure it out...

4. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Yeah, inventory color editing is on the roadmap for the future though.
    What exactly do you need to know? You can edit the transparent layers of items by enabling advanced mode, going to colors, scrolling to find the card for the item you want to edit, adding a new color, clicking the left (source) color picker and then using your mouse to choose the transparent color you want to edit on the player preview box. Then you can set the destination color and that's all! I can make a little gif if you want me to :)

Also just wanted to post a little screenshot of the next version of SBSE in action:

[​IMG]
    Emotes!

5. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

SBSE 0.9.3 is now out in the wild. I also went ahead and moved SBSE from sbse.hyunsdojo.com to sbse.co, which is a bit simpler and easier to type in. Unfortunately it also means Google needs to re-validate the downloads that I put up, since the domain has changed. All this means is that when you download SBSE from sbse.co you might get a warning on Chrome saying "this file is not commonly downloaded and may be malicious." I guarantee that the download is not malicious, it's the same thing I've always put up. It should go away in time.
    • SBSE Desktop 0.9.3
    • Released January 4th, 2015
    • Download:
    • Changelog:
      • Feature: Emote Directives can now be edited (Advanced Mode Only)
      • Feature: Emotes can be selected for display on the player for editing in advanced mode
      • Feature: Floran's hair directives are properly split into flower/leaf in Simple Color mode
      • Fixed: Simple Color mode now correctly changes the correct directive if more than one directive is present
      • Fixed: Automatic download of update
      • Fixed: Player avatars while changing hair can have armor toggled on/off
      • Fixed: SBSE properly detects old vs new status system

6. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

I'll mess around with that to see if I can figure it out now! But thinking now, more specifically I think I meant how do I get the color code for the transparent layers?

EDIT: This is why you check your messages before forums kids. I got the answers haha. Thanks for all the work Phaze!

7. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Just a heads up: the next update may be a bit delayed. If I get some time this weekend to iron out the bugs on my to-do list I will try to release it then. I did quite a bit of work on the simple colors editor to give you more control over the outcome of the coloration. Before, it would simply take the source color, turn it into humanized black and white, then apply a color blending on top of that. This worked for quite a few situations but was poor if the source colors were too similar, and resulted in a washed out end result (see: Floran hair or Avian belly). Now I've added two sliders for brightness and contrast respectively. These let you fine tune the end result to be much more visually pleasing instead of ugly and washed out.

Also I've changed advanced mode to add any new color replacements you define to a new replace directive instead of just adding them onto whatever the last directive is. This is specifically done so that the simple color editing feature does not break when you use advanced mode, you can still go back to it to make quick painless adjustments and not worry about messing up your sweet custom color replacements.

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You are a god.
    I think I'll go learn code now so I can be one too.

9. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

SBSE is not compatible with the latest stable update. I'm working on a fix that will include the other features I mentioned above.

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

You are superman, and I love you.

11. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Have my children

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

This is the biggest trap I have ever seen.

13. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

I've seen bigger

14. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I am so sorry for you.

15. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Aiko is trap incarnate

16. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Oh. Good. So it's NOT my PC being a piece of crap jerk when I try to start the application only for it to give me an error message and load for all eternity?

17. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Man I don't envy you, they changed so many values its ridiculous. Armor values have a huge block of transposition values for display and for thumbnails, I've been converting my old items, but I can't wait for SBSE to be back so I can just make some new ones.

18. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

SBSE has been updated! Please let me know if you have any problems, I'm 90% sure everything is compatible. Please remember the (SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK) character debug uploader if you need to.
    • SBSE Desktop 0.9.4
    • Released February 1st, 2015
    • Download:
    • Changelog:
      • Updated to support latest stable release (Upbeat Giraffe release 2)
      • Feature: Added contrast slider to simple mode for more control over the look
      • Fixed: Bug while saving directives with multiple replaces sometimes combined them into one
      • Fixed: SBSE crashing when reading certain mods that contain .psd and .sai files

19. Solour

Solour a dad

than
    thnx bass god.

20. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Good work, Phaze.