1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SBSE - Easy Player and Armor Coloring Without Mods (0.10.0 RELEASED - Pleased Giraffe supported)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phaze, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

What's wrong with it on macs? It should work on any OS because it's web based. The browser is the only thing that would be a problem. I'll boot up OS X to check it out, but any info on the problem you're having would be awesome!

Seems to work fine for me on OS X in both Safari and Chrome:

[​IMG]

#41 Phaze, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  2. Dingbat

Dingbat Strange Quark

I don't have problems with the actual website, but when I try to save a file and replace it with my old one... that's when it gets weird and messes up. What exactly am I supposed to do? I haven't figured everything out. And thanks! :eek:

3. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I do it all the time on mac, using Chrome.

Step by step process on what I do:
    1. Locate your Starbound player folder, right-click it, duplicate it, drag and drop the copy to your desktop or wherever is easy access.
    2. This duplicated player folder should be named "player copy", don't rename it to "player" because you'll just get yourself confused.
    3. Go into SBSE, load your player file from your player copy, edit it as you will.
    4. When you are done editing, hit the big blue "Save" button. Your new, edited player file should appear on the bottom of the screen.
    5. Hit the arrow besides the new player file, click "Show in Finder".
    6. Go into your REAL player folder, the one still located in your Starbound files, and remove your old player file.
    7. Drag 'n drop your NEW player file into the REAL player folder. Make sure the name matches and has the .player extension.
    8. Load up your game and bask in the edited glory.
    Make sure you re-duplicate and replace your player folder copy whenever you edit your player files again, to keep it up to date. This duplicated copy will contain all your backed up player files and shipworlds, should something get goofy on you. It's always handy to have.

4. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Looks like on Safari the download you receive is a .html file. I'm not sure why Safari is forcing a .html extension, could be some kind of awkward security. I'll look in to why, but for now you can remove the .html part from the file name and it should work

5. Dingbat

Dingbat Strange Quark

What web browser do you recommend? Is it different on chrome or firefox?

6. Bunshuu

Bunshuu New Member

It works dandy on chrome! And i think that it does on Firefox too, but i don't own it sO

7. Dingbat

Dingbat Strange Quark

HELLA. Okay, I'm gonna have to try this out. Thanks. :)

8. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

How do you use this on a mac?

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

chrome

10. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

I have chrome, and when I finished making my changes, nothing happened. I checked the download folder and there were no .player files there.

EDIT: Nvm, it just failed to download the first time, thanks for the help.

11. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

This sounds easy, but I am trying to do it via PS and... I dont get it. I add it to the left side of the color block and it changes the other colors on the right side completely. It seems like I am going backwards rather than forwards.

I am using SBSE on an already modified piece of armor. Does it need to be on a vanilla piece of armor?

12. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

13. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

OMG!! THANK YOU!!! YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!! <3

14. Terallis

Sure. No problem. Wrote up that guide a while back for a reason, after all. Haha.

15. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

I love it! It helped so much! And made things SOOO much easier!!

16. Terallis

Glad that it helped. Haha.

17. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Please explain.

18. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

[​IMG]

Hi guys, long time no see. I haven't been active in the Starbound community for a while so forgive me if things have changed here and I'm unaware, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes.

I started work on SBSE Desktop again recently as I'm changing jobs and I had about 2 weeks of free time so I thought I'd pick this back up again. I fixed up some outstanding bugs and implemented a save & backup feature on top of what I had done already. I've almost run out of time again but I have at least gotten it to a very basic state where it can find and read your player files, show basic information about them, edit colors using the simple mode, and save them again.

I've decided to release this current beta version (0.7) for testing purposes. I haven't had a chance to test on more than two computers, but I feel it's stable enough that it's worth releasing to start getting bug reports. It is now available for both OS X and Windows, with Linux coming soon. I've packaged everything inside a convenient installer for you who are willing to help me test this software. You don't need to do anything other than install and run, I've tried to make it as painless as possible to get working.

The good news is that my new job is less prohibiting with how many hours I have to put in to it, so after I've settled in I plan to continue work on SBSE Desktop in my free time.

Download

Feel free to visit http://sbse.hyunsdojo.com/download/ to download the latest beta version. Any future versions will be posted to this page as well. SBSE Desktop also comes with an update checker so you'll be notified of future versions right away.

Please report any problems or bugs you have here, and please backup your player files prior to use to avoid any unwanted data loss. Again, player files are backed up automatically but it's better to be safe than sorry.

#58 Phaze, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  19. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Keep up the good work, it's always appreciated.

20. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Will do! For my friends on OS X you can now download the OS X version of SBSE Desktop.