1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Lag? Or something else.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antinam, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Antinam

Antinam New Member

I am new to the sever. Only been on for one day. And so far it has been literally impossible to do anything. Combat is buggy and broken. I have to either swing 6 feet before or 6 feet after a mob has gone by. For the 6th time while attempting to make a distress beacon I have crashed kicking me back to my ship the server has either been crashing or I have lost connection to it for some reason.

Normally I wouldn't complain about this but there is another issue to be mentioned and that is my friend cannot warp to my ship. He could earlier today when we were playing. (About 6 hours ago) Now for some reason every time he warps to my ship he gets stuck after warping and never appears. I can warp to his fine but rp has already happened to show that he is going to be using my ship indefinitely as his home.

Basically my question is. Is it normal for the server to kick people every 3 to 4 minutes and or shut down?

Sorry If I seem like I'm bitching. I really don't mean it that way.

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

It's been the norm for almost a month now. You just have to pray you can be online at a low traffic time.

3. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

First of all, welcome to the server! I'm really sorry you're having to experience the server during this difficult time, but the community and the admins are doing everything in their power to figure out the problem and return us to the smooth, happy play experience we're all used to. So no, it is not normal for the server to be kicking this hard or this often.

For the moment, I'd recommend conducting boss battles off-server or during off-peak hours if you can and to please bear with us as we continue to troubleshoot this issue.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Fishdish covered it accurately.

5. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Except for the part about it being entirely in the hands of the staff. Some of it is just out of our power, and lays in the hands of Chucklefish.

6. Silver

Chucklefish's latest "in the next update" news included a very interesting line, actually:

"Server stability fixes with many players"

I think this will provide great relief. Hopefully.

You can look at their update here: http://pastebin.com/2seeXPTH

7. Antinam

Antinam New Member

Man I sure hope so :p Would like to get rescued off my planet at some point.

8. Silver

Have you built yourself a Robinson Crusoe style home there yet? Haha.

9. Antinam

Antinam New Member

Mainly just made a cave in a hill. :D Thats all I've done as I have had to move.