1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Fantabulous Community Vanity Mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aiko Ikari, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

gotcha! thanks!

2. Shade743

Shade743 Hooded Nice-Guy

Whoops. Accidentally left the Background white in mine. Sorry. :/

3. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

already fixed, no biggy~

4. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

At the risk of sounding selfish/lazy, is there anyone who would be willing to A) tackle making Silas' hairstyle (I can provide a healthy heaping of references via PM!) or B) giving an ignorant plebeian (myself) directions on how to go about making it myself. I think this is a -lovely- idea, and even though I doubt I'd use any of the current features for it, I'm certainly getting it to see everyone else's lovely characters!

'Dat stubble. 'Dem fins.

5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I think I fixed the problem now, actually. The download link was updated and the fix SHOULD work.

6. Venom

Venom New Member

Confirmed fixed

7. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Confirmed, works now.

8. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Hmmm... So @Aleiksei and @Doc, I noticed both your contributions use translucency. I THINK it should work fine, so I'll be throwing them in the next update... But it might look a little weird. However, I never though using alpha before. That means I should be able to fix up the appearance of the stubble and make some more interesting doodads! woo hoo!

9. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

Yeah, the translucency is so that it blends a bit and seems more smooth and less... Jagged because of the pixels. Hopefully it turns out OK.

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I too am concerned about transparency. A transparent retinal display would be awesome, throw that sucker on helmets and gahgbdfhvbdfsvd

I'll try and do a mock up later if I feel artsy fartsy

11. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

Well, it did work for me when I tested it, so that's somethin'

12. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

I'll see about creating a "wig" for Sativa's awful foliage, and maybe a few other original items(Like maybe Mohawks or some crap.) I'm overdue for a spriting session anyways.

13. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Update #3

Yay! Update time! Woo!
    So I've updated the download link, and y'all should totes go snag that!
    Added 11 pretty new things! (12 if you include my fins + nightvision goggles, but I don't count that as a new thing)

Firedrinker Scarf, Back and Head slots
    Verita (You weren't around to give me input so tell me if ya' don't like it then we'll change ere' up for next patch)
    Bodehn
    King
    Face Scar (Your submission was awesome Doc, but since you chose a green brush I assumed it wasn't personal to you, and just named it a Face Scar)
    Nightvision
    Aiko + Nightvision
    Blindfold
    Stubble + Headband
    Retinal Display (this is in testing more or less)
    Robo Visor
    Scaryface

ALSO! I updated the stubble graphic so it doesn't look bad now. I never thought of using alpha channels for vanity objects, so now it'll actually look GOOD on every skin tone. (Added the new stubble graphic to Ashe's do as well)
    This also means you'll be able to see your mouth underneath it!

14. Doc

That's totally cool. Now if anyone wants the side of their face to look like it was sliced open, they can! Although it was supposed to be personal, but you know, no big deal.

15. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

:( My bad. Well maybe you want a custom hairstyle or something, or maybe some glasses or anything added onto the face scar. We can throw those together and call that your personal item~?

16. Doc

Well the scar's really all there is to dear old Doc. If you really want you could just change it to Doc's Scar and give it a blue brush, but if you don't wanna put in the effort I don't really mind. That was MY mistake really. Didn't read the OP thoroughly.

EDIT: Also, I just tested it. For some really weird reason the scar won't show up in the spinning wheel's crafting menu. I think I fucked up the code somewhere.

17. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

It's called "Face Scar" cause green brush... I'll totes change it to blue and personal for the next update :)

18. Doc

Huh... I don't have anything called "Face Scar" in my spinning wheel menu... I put the right folder into the Mods folder and everything. I think I messed up somewhere while making it because I'm an idiot.

19. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

OKAY MY BAD. Yep mediafire was being mean and screwed up the download link. I fixed it now soooooo... it works NOW

20. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

I'm really fucking tempted to OOCly put Aiko's fins on Sativ-SCREW IT!
    http://imgur.com/enSvGOm

...I regret my decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.