1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So, I made this big f*cking tree....

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Khaltor, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Greetings everyone,

A while ago, while I was checking SAIL / the star map / the galaxy map, I came across this solar system named Yggdrasil and I planned to build Oak's lab on it, and I felt like, why not make a huge tree-house deal for Oak this time? I wanted to use more "traditional" materials for his laboratory, to give it more of a "Floran" look rather than it looking like it was another Apex facility. And whereas Oak's laboratories have been quite sizeable in the past, I think I may have overdone it this time...
    Behold... Yggdrasil! (Such original name, much creative!)

See that blue dot? That's the size of a player, when compared to the actual tree.
    It's already built, it's in-game 1 Pixel = 1 Block. I'm currently in the process of copying it over to a similar planet in the same system, for the interior, kind of like how the buildings in Refract work.
    I haven't been able to take a proper screenshot of it yet, because it is of its HUGE proportions (380x407 WidthxHeight), the base of the tree is 92 blocks wide and it should be 407 blocks high in all.
    I might just make an NPC faction, of Florans from Ragnarok, that have decided to migrate from Ragnarok to as it is more of a Glitch settlement at this point, that basically live in that tree with Oak now, with Oak being the "leader", but he doesn't really bother when it comes to governing the "tribe(?)", for him it's just a place of residence and study, as it is quite a remarkable tree and he can easily fit his laboratory in there and he'd probably have the "shadier" parts of his lab situated undergound, near the roots.

If people are interested in some way or another, feel free to leave a response.
    I didn't post this merely to boast about how awesome the tree is, despite what the title may imply, but also as a means of gauging interest: if people want to help out with building(interior & exterior decorations, spriting, help out with teledoors, ...) or have ideas in terms of what to use the tree for (in addition to it being the place where Oak's lab is situated, that's pretty mandatory because i put a lot f work in that frickin' tree :p).

If a faction/colony or whatever does spring from this, I might consider it, however I don't want to end up having to organise everything myself, as I'm in a bit of a bad timezone for that sort of thing and honestly I don't want to have the burden of being a colony owner who runs the colony all by himself (kinda like Ragnarok and more recently Refract, though i'd argue that Refract has more helpers/interested people/is organised a bit better).

That's all for now!
    Looking forward to your responses!

1 person likes this.
  2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

[​IMG]
    Edit: I made a better screenshot of the tree.

#2 Khaltor, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
  3. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Finished copying the tree to another planet, for the interior.
    Also made a better screenshot.
    (Edited previous post.)

4. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

I wanna speak with ya' 'bout unobtanium...

5. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I dunno whether or not I would rope supernatural space rocks into the local setting (,if that was a serious comment), mostly because it's been done before (Asani) and I wasn't much of a fan back then, so doing it myself would make a quite the hypocrite.

I was thinking about how perhaps the tree is capable of sustaining itself, however, maybe it was grown/altered/shapen(domestic bio-forging) to produce sap, the Florans would then sacrifice a certain amount of prey to the tree, allowing it to absorb the nutrients and turning it into some form of meaty sap to provide them with nourishment as well as shelter.

Might dye the tree leaves red, in that case...