1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Temporary crew needed! - VRM

Discussion in 'Market and Trade' started by raindrops, Feb 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. raindrops

raindrops New Member

Vigil Risk Management
    - Serving the Fringe since 2564 -

Summary

Vigil Risk Management is looking for a temporary crew to serve aboard a space patrol boat, the PB Civil. The Civil will patrol Fringe space, as delegated by company partners, watch over mining operations, trade missions, and similar enterprises, and watch over outposts and space stations. Crew are expected to maintain and man the systems of the ship, carry out the captain's orders, when not in violation of COV law, carry out processing protocols whenever necessary, and protect company interests, including the Civil and it's crew.

Duties and Responsibilities
    • Man and maintain the systems of the PB Civil
    • Patrol Fringe space
    • Defend mining, trade, and similar operations in a delegated area
    • Carry out the captain's orders
    • Defend company interests, including the PB Civil and it's crew
    • Carry out ship processing protocols when necessary
    • Deter and combat threats
    • Uphold COV Sectoral Law
    Qualifications
    • Experience aboard a space ship
    • High School level education
    • Interpersonal communication skills
    • Ability to follow orders and carry out protocol
    Contract and Benefits

As a crew member, you are expected to be present during operations, which occur 3-4 times per week, which may last anywhere from 6-12 hours, possibly more, for a duration of 3 months. Conditions may be strenuous, and possibly dangerous. However, Vigil Risk Management offers good pay and some benefits for its temporary workers. These include :
    • 38px per operational hour, paid weekly
    • 4,000px bonus pay at the end of the contract
    • Medical care for injuries acquired on the job
    What are we looking for?

We are looking for up to 8 qualified spacers who have experience in any, preferably more, of the following : piloting, engineering, medicine, hand to hand combat, EVA maintenance, communications, gunnery, and protocol.

Application

Please send applications to [email protected].
    (post below)

Name :
    Race :
    Qualifications :
    Experience :
    Criminal Record :
    Additional Concerns :

Other Information

As a crew member of the PB Civil, you will be working under Captain Nii'os. Further information is provided below.

The PB Civil is a small patrol corvette, constructed by Hapt Shipyards, model two in the Garrison line of ships. This model of ship is known to have one main turret armament, a small array of torpedoes, and two secondary turrets. These ships are commonly used by modern militaries to patrol space lanes and bolster the numbers of a fleet, and with good reason. The model two Garrison has enough power to support a formidable gun, and the small crew requirement means that it can be used widely to defend outposts or process cargo ships. Though it is designed to boast a single, yet powerful mega-particle cannon, most carry downgraded versions of this, or have a different armament altogether to meet COV regulations, which is likely the case with the PB Civil, too. The Civil itself has been in commission for around twenty years, and still is an asset to Vigil Risk Management.
    [There is a picture of an orange novakid clad in a normal suit, clasping a helmet in front of him. He is posed neatly, seated, in front of the company's logo.]
    Captain Nii'os is a Novakid who has served Vigil Risk Management for 21 of his 133 years. Being a spacer is what Captain Nii'os has known for his whole life, working his way up from a simple ship engineer to captain of his own vessel.

#1 raindrops, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name : Matthew Kovic
    Race : Human
    Education Level : High School Education/Self taught
    Qualifications : Cyberwarfare/upkeep Basic medical and firearms training.
    Experience : I've been tinkering with electronics for longer than most, not a whole lot of things I can't work with, defend against, or break into should the situation require. I can tie a good tourniquet and fire a pistol straight, just don't expect me to go in a running race.
    Criminal Record : None
    Additional Concerns : One of my knees is less than perfect, I'd prefer a job that doesn't require me to lift much.

You can reach me on Starnet IM under the handle Konvict.

3. raindrops

raindrops New Member

After careful consideration, Mr. Kovic, your application has been approved. Captain Nii'os will take your concern into consideration. Thank you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name: Church
    Race: Novakid
    Education Level: College Graduate (Major: Mechanical engineering. Minor: Psychology), Basic EVA/Urban/Field Combat and medical training.
    Qualifications: Basic ship maintenance, medical, and firearms training.
    Experience: 100+ years combat Experience, Gorilla and urban warfare Experience, Involved in 3 EVA boarding operation, MISC Experience from different Mercenary companies.
    Criminal Record: Assault, Assault and battery, Assault with deadly weapon (Dismissed as Self defense.)
    Additional Concerns: Prefer to use own gear if Superior equipment is not available.

5. raindrops

raindrops New Member

Mr. Church, some concern has been raised regarding your criminal record. Can you clarify your criminal record? Otherwise, your experience would be valued on the Civil.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was involved in a Bar fight and shot someone in the foot when they tried to stab me, was ruled Self defense and paid a small fine.

7. raindrops

raindrops New Member

Thank you for your speedy response. Your experience will be appreciated aboard the Civil. High-grade normal suits and blaster rifles will be provided for the crew. Any equipment of your own you wish to bring will have to be inspected by Vigil Risk Management officials.

8. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Name : Glen Antonov Harrison
    Race : Human
    Education Level : High School Equivalency
    Qualifications : Basic Combat Training, Combat Lifesaver Certified
    Experience : Served in a USAF detach for about six months.
    Criminal Record : N/A
    Additional Concerns : N/A

1 person likes this.