1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hi, time for introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ExplorerRowan, Oct 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ExplorerRowan

ExplorerRowan New Member

Hi, I'm Rowan. I'm pretty new to Starbound; I've only been playing since 1.0 launched, but I really love the game and world, and I think it offers rich roleplay opportunities. I've been roleplaying for 20 years or so in pretty much every tabletop and LARP system and also in several MMOs. Most of my online RP experience is from EverQuest 2 (Antonia Bayle server), and I was an officer in a small but well-respected RP guild. I currently DM a semi-regular D&D 5e game for some friends of mine.

I plan on playing a Floran named Rowansprig. Rowansprig is cat-levels of curious. They learned about the scientific method from a passing Apex trader, and have since engaged in testing, well, everything. They have left their tribe mostly because the Greenfinger got tired of repairing buildings and healing Rowansprig back up after a series of disastrous "experiments." The Greenfinger explained to Rowansprig that science was expensive, and that other races had what are called "grants" that pay money for scientists to learn things. So Rowansprig is now on a mission to hunt a Grant, stab it, and make it give them money to learn more things.

2. TrashHound

3. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Welcome to the community! Always nice to see experienced roleplayers hopping on board. Hope you enjoy your time here!

4. ExplorerRowan

ExplorerRowan New Member

You know, I'm really sorry y'all, but the more I read of your lore and such, the less I feel that this setting is the right fit for me. Y'all are a lot more dark/gritty/grim than I usually go for in an RP setting. Which is fine, works for you, you're telling great stories and having fun, it's just not my cup of tea. I think I'm just a little more "carebear" than really fits here. So I appreciate the opportunity and the fact you approved me, but I don't think I'm going to stick around. Thanks, and I'll see y'all around.

5. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

W-we are? I hope the lore page isn't what's putting you off. If anything we're unusually hugboxy right now, I mean shit we had a costume party for halloween and nothing tragic came of it.

6. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Welcome to the Dark Side...

7. TrashHound

That's completely understandable pally, different strokes for different folks! Antares will always be right here if you ever change your mind!