1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Kazyyk - Antares Founder - AMA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Aug 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Charlesguy64

Charlesguy64 New Member

This is more about the server than you. What time is the server most active, UTC time? I'm trying to move on from leaving my last RP server and not being able to return... it's really difficult for me to replace that old server with this one, when I don't think I even fall in the same timezone.

2. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Why you left the Admin's throne now?

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Sorry, but I have no idea. I don't pay attention to activity times. This could be it's own thread, I'm sure that someone else with more knowledge than me could help you.
    There's lots of reasons, big and small. One of the bigger ones being that I felt that I was holding up Antares' progress, so I felt I had to leave. A leader should inspire passion, and a burnt-out Kobold isn't going to do that.

4. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Kaz you were doing good in my book, but hey you are still a great person to me and I bet a bunch of people feel that way too.

#24 yoyohaloreach, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. Alaystus

Alaystus Resident Art Bum
    Staff Member

Kaz, I'm aware you don't quite have a hand in the administration of the server anymore, but I'd like to know your opinion on this subject anyway; are you aware of any players who are still currently perma-banned from our server, and do you think all, some, or any of these players should be given any sort of repeal? Specific examples aren't exactly necessary, but do you think some people deserve a second chance (eventually)?

Edit: It's a bit of a loaded question, since I can make a guess at your response based on past events, but I was thinking more about the currently banned players, as opposed to ones who may have been pardoned in the past.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I personally stand by any convictions I made and/or supported. However, if those currently in the seat of decision making authority feel that anyone in particular deserves a second chance, I am comfortable with their decision. I have unbanned permanently banned players in the past, however they were exceptions to the norm, not something I want people to feel like they should expect or could ask for.

As for your initial question, no, I am not aware of any currently banned players. I largely remain hands off when it comes to the actual administration of the community and remain strictly on board as technical personnel. My tasks are to ensure that the forums and the server are up and running, and occasionally develop or assist in adding the odd new feature or two.

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Bump. I like questions.

8. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

So why a kobold, eh?

9. Lawsonkc6

Lawsonkc6 Hanging Judge of Antares

Favorite IC memory from your time playing?
    And Favorite Race.
    And which character of urs was ur favorite and why?
    (I am sensing a pattern here....)

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Yiss. This question.

So, back in... I can't remember exactly, but I'll say 2007, I joined a Neverwinter Nights roleplaying server. Just for the uninitiated, Neverwinter Nights is a roleplaying game that's based in 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons. This particular server let you play as a Kobold, and so I decided I would try them out. I didn't really have an attachment to Kobolds at that time, in fact, I didn't know anything about them! I just thought it'd be cool.

Long story short, I did make a Kobold, that Kobold was named Kazyyk. I roleplayed him for several years up until around 2012-1013 and had become really bonded with the concept of Kobolds by then, having spent so much time roleplaying as one. Over time, Kazyyk merged with my online identity more and more, eventually becoming my alias. So here we are!

So to recap, my online identity stems from a character I played as years ago named Kazyyk who was a Kobold.
    I was a fake scientists messing around with health stems and having no idea what I was doing would randomly inject them into people who were willing to be test subjects. They usually ended up getting sick or worse, but being a fake scientist who defiantly defended his claims as a scientist was awesome.

I like Novakids, not for their culture (which I'm not fond of), but because the idea of Star People appeals to me.

I only ever played on character who was unoriginally named Kaz, so I don't really have much to pick from in terms of a favorite.