1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Yo. New here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Crunchym8, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Crunchym8

Crunchym8 oh hi

Hey, I just found this place this morning, decided to read up on it and check it out. Looks pretty cool so far. I've read the rules and a few of the guides and I think I'm almost ready to get going. Just gonna brush up on some choice bits of Starbound general lore before I dive in.

Gonna make a Novakid first, I think. They are one of my favorite races.

Look forward to meeting you all.

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Yo, Welcome to Antares. Probably important to note that this server doesn't acknowledge the Terrene Protectorate in our lore, so that bit of CF lore can be ignored.

3. Crunchym8

Crunchym8 oh hi

I read that while I was poking through the site, and that's fine. I didn't plan on being a Protector or anything like that. I plan on something relatively mundane, at least for my first character.

4. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

Glad to have you here!

5. MrGodZilla

MrGodZilla Not A Shitposter

Any new people are welcome.

6. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

We're still working on our own lore and the Novakid are proving quite troublesome to create a proper lore for, as their lore isn't very fleshed out and their origin, as implied by the singleplayer mission, is that they're fragments of the Cultivator which have acquired sentience and have become a new species. The poll was closed, because apparantly 24 hours is long enough to let people give it a read and think it over before voting, but here you go, in case you'd want to read two different proposed drafts.

https://www.antaresroleplay.com/threads/deciding-on-the-novakid-lore.12233/

As it stands, if you're going to RP a Novakid, just do what you want, as long as it's decent RP. (no metagaming, powergaming, asspulling, ... etc..., the regular.)

And last but not least, welcome to Antares!

7. Crunchym8

Crunchym8 oh hi

I was reading that post as well as the Novakid physiology. It's all a tad confusing, but I like the Novakid a lot, and I doubt it'll come up in RP that often, heh.