1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Poll Deciding on the Novakid Lore

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Smokestack, Aug 5, 2016.

?

Which Novakid lore did you like better?

1. Reconus's Version: A remake to add to Novakids

2. Khaltor's Version: A vanilla elaboration for Novakids

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

Actually I sort of hate all the starbound races for just ripping human culture era points but hey, at least they're planetoid species and have a little bit of wiggle room to stray from carbon copies of 'human' culture. It's also not like Big Ape picked up a copy of 1984 from Earth and went 'Oh thats a neat idea for a culture.' Same thing for all the other races.

For the Nova, and this isn't about you Khaltor it's CF's fault -- They're just 'Star people that we tacked on because of donor rewards and they like human cowboy movies so they're cowboys.'

2. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Aiko needs to make their own game, or find a game that really fits their fancy.
    At every turn it's a complaint and bitter hatred. Not healthy.

Edit--
    I mean, as the post says. The lore from either aren't final. They are drafts, so small details like "how they picked up their theme" can be ironed out afterward. Wouldn't take that as a reason to deny Khaltor's altogether.

3. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

Eventually

4. JackGrimsly

JackGrimsly New Member

I can Script

5. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

Nah I got dat covered son

[​IMG]

6. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Where's the option for neither?

1 person likes this.
  7. lad

lad female dogs and garden tools

That's the issue I brought up in Discord, but apparently people are supposed to vote for it if they like how it began. In other words, it's a poor excuse and I would rather see an alternative to Khaltor's version actually finished.

#27 lad, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
  8. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

I'm probably going to be that guy and say that I really like a lot out of both of these lores, if anything, I really want to see Modernists at least hold onto the cowboy theme the Novakid have, as I'm one of the few that genuinely enjoy the idea of Novakid being space cowboys to fit in with medieval background of the Glitch and the tribal background of the Floran. Overall, I enjoy Reconus' for the backstory, but I like Khaltor's for the detail on Physiology and explaining first contact with society.

Although, I don't agree with how Novakid are all like "Lol earth transmissions? COWBOYS!", I think it could be improved to try and get the human race more involved with Novakid development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.