1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Collective Colony Plans for 1.0 (Outdated)

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Aiko, Jul 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

This post is outdated, we do not require users to post colony plans here any longer!

Hey everyone! We all know that 1.0 is smacking us in the face with a nice and delicious WIPE. Of everything. Yeh. Woo.

Anyway. We've heard lots of talk about people planning new colonies post-wipe, and ... well, that's pretty much it. There's a LOT of them, it sounds like. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- But hey, some public awareness and tracking might prove useful.

SO.

We'd appreciate if everyone here could post in this thread with a brief synopsis of the colony they plan to establish. People with similar ideas might want to team up and work together on a single project rather than spread themselves out -- who knows!

Other staff are encouraged to edit this post and updated the below list with the posted information & user tag.

Colonies-in-the-Making!

Hey guys! Me and @Jestephos are making a blade-runnerish city run by multiple criminal gangs. A little bit of a Mos Eisley vibe. The planet name will be Corrav, and it should be done somewhat soon. Just putting us on the list! Just tell me if you need any more details and I'll be happy to provide. Thanks.

Cross-Stitch. A space outpost dedicated to medicine. This has been approved.

Eridano. Western-themed Novakid colony known for relaxed gun laws and gunsmithing. This has been approved.

Liraxus here, I'm announcing that I'm going to be returning as a colony owner for a new frozen-over, steampunk-esque Glitch colony. We're presently putting time and effort into the castle before beginning on the town. Pending!

I'm interested in gathering people to construct a heavily industrialized Glitch castle-town on a world swimming in magma. Expect a lot of vertical architecture, blistering heat all year 'round, and themes ranging from seedy, soot-stained crime and hardship between the pipes and furnaces to high-level intrigue among magi and industry leaders. Pending!

I plan to run a Tortuga like colony-- An outpost sitting on water with preferably warmer climates-- built out of the mouth of a well designed cover with limited housing and several shops/craftsman homes.

HOPE settlement will either have acquired the means to melt the snowy hills and icy wastelands to create an ocean biome (or at least a large lake, but unlikely).

Or...

HOPE will meet a terrible and grim end with very few survivors from the colony escaping on ship to another planet to start over-- one with access to more races than Humans (and a handful of out of place Avians and Apex) ((The much more likely option)).

Plans for said colony would eventually include later on down the line an underwater extension.

Regardless of whether it makes it as a colony, it's going to at the very least just be a settlement for several players to gather and branch off from the former Hope idea-- just with more accessibility.
    Pending!

I've been noodling a disgusting dangerous "gold-rush" colony called 'Taptown', situated high above the 'Sink', a radioactive crater filled with the wreckage of a Miniknog super-satellite, on a planet ravaged by the station's meltdown.

(Here's a very WiP Google Doc with details that I'll get around to finishing.)

I don't know what to finish this with so here have a two-character bit of love. <3
    Pending!

Please note that Pending! means that these individuals have not applied for their colonies for construction. -Smokestack

#1 Aiko, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Chance Handri

Chance Handri The DarkDork

Hey guys! Me and @Jestephos are making a blade-runnerish city run by multiple criminal gangs. A little bit of a Mos Eisley vibe. The planet name will be Corrav, and it should be done somewhat soon. Just putting us on the list! Just tell me if you need any more details and I'll be happy to provide. Thanks.

3 people like this.
  3. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Liraxus here, I'm announcing that I'm going to be returning as a colony owner for a new frozen-over, steampunk-esque Glitch colony. We're presently putting time and effort into the castle before beginning on the town.

4. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

I'm interested in gathering people to construct a heavily industrialized Glitch castle-town on a world swimming in magma. Expect a lot of vertical architecture, blistering heat all year 'round, and themes ranging from seedy, soot-stained crime and hardship between the pipes and furnaces to high-level intrigue among magi and industry leaders.

1 person likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

I'd just like something similar to Mud but more modern. Something down-to-earth and not all complex/fancy. A simple place for simple people.

6. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

Just a heads up.

This thread isn't to post 'build this' requests, or to gather people to build things. It's for people to post plans they already have in the works. Please don't clutter it. I'll be deleting irrelevant posts soon.

7. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

I have plans in place for a very cyberpunk-ish corporate-controlled area set in the backdrop of a war-wracked city.

8. Tamurbus

Tamurbus A-X-O-L-O-T-L

I have plans to rebuild a colony I had been attempting to get approved pre-1.0, and attempt approval again. It's going to be a Novakid, western-themed colony that I plan to build mostly on my own.

1 person likes this.
  9. Oleksandra

Oleksandra New Member

I am @Inept Monkey and I'm going to be building a sort of village in the trees. All are encouraged to come live in peace amongst the colorful, flower-covered treetops of 'Amaryllis', located on Ichora Cluster I. Grass - self-proclaimed mayor and constructor - hopes it can be a refuge for those who have none.

10. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

As a reminder, just because a colony listed here does not mean it's automatically approved. Colony requests should still be posted in the staff contact forum for staff approval.

11. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

I plan to run a Tortuga like colony-- An outpost sitting on water with preferably warmer climates-- built out of the mouth of a well designed cover with limited housing and several shops/craftsman homes.

HOPE settlement will either have acquired the means to melt the snowy hills and icy wastelands to create an ocean biome (or at least a large lake, but unlikely).

Or...

HOPE will meet a terrible and grim end with very few survivors from the colony escaping on ship to another planet to start over-- one with access to more races than Humans (and a handful of out of place Avians and Apex) ((The much more likely option)).

Plans for said colony would eventually include later on down the line an underwater extension.

Regardless of whether it makes it as a colony, it's going to at the very least just be a settlement for several players to gather and branch off from the former Hope idea-- just with more accessibility.

12. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

B'jour- I mean hello hi.

I've been noodling a disgusting dangerous "gold-rush" colony called 'Taptown', situated high above the 'Sink', a radioactive crater filled with the wreckage of a Miniknog super-satellite, on a planet ravaged by the station's meltdown.

. . .

(Here's a very WiP Google Doc with details that I'll get around to finishing.)

. . .

I don't know what to finish this with so here have a two-character bit of love. <3

#12 Leschinsky, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
    4 people like this.
  13. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Makin' a quick update on the state of the Glitch colony, ErinKeen and I are going to be continuing our respective colonies ,but are working out a deal to have both colonies potentially work off of each other for potential of RP. This was the most sound conclusion we could come up with. The colony will require an event to get started, however, I have multiple ideas in mind for how this colony can get a kickstart, but I will be making a thread later today in Roleplay Planning discussing possible options, as well as giving a more detailed explanation for the Kingdom of Aikania.

1 person likes this.
  14. SpookyTanuki

SpookyTanuki New Member

Plan to make a condense city that separates into 3 different districts. A slums, crime filled one great for events, a high class district filled with high end suites and government buildings. And finally the middle class district, with all your shopping needs, affordable housing and retail, all of that. The city was gonna be divided into three station like ships on a asteroid belt, more information in the pending app I made 3 or so days ago.

2 people like this.
  15. DmanriquezS

DmanriquezS New Member

I was planning on making a colony before the update but wasn't finished so decided to wait for 1.0 to come. it came, so as everyone is explaining their colony ideas, I'll do so as well.

I am planning to make a industrial-themed colony, heavily guarded and no weapons allowed for citizens, no exceptions. the colony will start as, a administration building which would be something like a town hall, housings, a small trading area (some shops including vanity things like for example a bar), and a factory. It is planned for people looking for jobs to work at the factory which will focus production in weaponry to trade with factions and other colonies. and for working in the factory people will get housing and be paid pixels depending on how well the factory does. More details are to be given when I do the colony application with the admins, but this was just like a resume so other colony makers get to know my idea.

16. KillerWaves

KillerWaves New Member

So I'm making kind of inn on a planet somewhere, but the thing is it's gonna be like a villain pub rip off, don't know if that counts as a colonie just thought worth noting on this thread

17. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Two ideas: First is tipical avian flightless colony, wanna chose a warm climate planet. Second is the criminal city on the ocean planet.

18. KillerWaves

KillerWaves New Member

That Actually sounds fucking awesome

19. Lawsonkc6

Lawsonkc6 Hanging Judge of Antares

This isn't something I am going to do myself, too many other projects I am working on, but perhaps build an underwater city, like Rapture from Bioshock. Remove all the (surface) land (maybe water) and build the city, then spawn a lot of water to surround it. Just a thought.

20. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

Edit;

Putting my little nasty colony Taptown on hold for awhile, a lot of kinks and backend need diddled with before building can even start, plus it'll let the lay of the land kind of settle after server RP goes live again.

I'll keep tinkering and tunking with it in the meantime though so hey don't worry it still might show up.

<3 u all