1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Kember Daisybind

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Kember, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Kember

Kember New Member

So, I'd like some input on my character, and how to integrate him on the more exciting aspects of the roleplay.

https://www.antaresroleplay.com/wiki/kember-daisybind/

He's really peaceful, but I think he and his place can start to be something useful for roleplaying purposes, and his abilities can be used for plot purposes, but I don't know.

Thanks for helping me out!

2. Kralion

Kralion Lore Writer

To be honest, I would really prefer if you could avoid playing such a character if it is a floran.

Florans are a race in which every piece of their lore reinforces how they are murderous native plants. It also states that yes, some of them are able to see past simply stabbing everything in their way and manage to somewhat "adapt" to civilization, but would it not be more interesting to play a floran that is indeed trying to integrate to civilization after spending its entire life in a culture that promoted a primitive and violent lifestyle? A floran that struggles to understand giving a greeting to someone else that isn't a headbutt, or that tries to establish friendships with others by offering them bleeding carcases of its hunts.

A floran that is simply "just peaceful" is simply boring. If a primitive floran tribe found one of its members lacking because it simply prefered to not fight, I have the feeling they would end up in the menu sooner or later. If you still want your character to be peaceful, I think the floran race may not be suitable for this character.

The farming aspect for a floran can be made quite interesting. As floran bioforging is possible on the server ( https://www.antaresroleplay.com/threads/floran-bioforging-draft.11679/ ) you could have a floran do great gardens filled with overgrown fruit, trees with the most peculiar shapes or bushes with interesting properties.

It is perfectly acceptable to make a floran that is more interested in growing gardens than hunting, but turning it into a pacifist makes it lose what makes florans really stand out from the other races. A bunch of primitive plants who are brought up in a culture where only the toughest rule.