1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

This is my first roleplay experience

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DmanriquezS, Jun 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DmanriquezS

DmanriquezS New Member

Hello! As the title says, I'm new to roleplay, but that doesn't mean I know nothing about it, because I know that (or at least in my opinion is) roleplay is "living" your character on a world created by everyone (right? ...no?). Anyways if that's the case, I have experience (kind of) I've imagined myself in stories I like, creating myself as a character, either adapted to the world, or just discovering the world. In the bad side, I just can't create a character that "isn't like me" example I always chose human on games like this one because I can't imagine how it would be not being human and can't create correctly a character that is, for example, Evil, because I can't think Evil(ish?) (because I "live" my characters, and if it's too different from me I can't be it, or it's too difficult) (is it just me? Or someone understands me? Yea? No? Maybe? Pls don't kill me) On why that happens is maybe because I'm not creative in such thing, sorry. Another bad thing, I've never roleplayed with many people, specially when it is a serious roleplay like this one, yeah, all the experience is from excessive imagination, which one day I tried to write a story and realized that I have the ability to make a good character, and I thought I can give a try to roleplay.

Aaaaanyways, I hope I can adapt my character to the universe of this server without disturbing yours. And finally I would be really grateful if you could give me information on what's going on, like to, not just make my character "appear" right? All kind of help will be appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  2. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Well first of all, welcome to the Antares community, we're very happy to have someone who's as interest in roleplay as you.

The server at this point is in a place called Council Space. We are located in the edge of this large sector after having to move away from our original sector called the Antares Frontier. The Antares Frontier was destroyed by a large tentacle monster same or similar to the one that destroyed Sol in human history. Antarans migrated over to Council Space and live in the outskirts of it. So your character can be one of the many that were migrating.

And don't worry too much about what it's going to be like acting as someone else besides yourself. As long as you think, "What would this kind of person do? What would this kind of person think?" You're already off to a great start. It doesn't take creativity to understand people.

But if you ever need help, don't be afraid to talk to anyone in the community. We're all just here to have a good time and we'd like you to have a good time as well. Feel free to message me if you ever need help.

1 person likes this.
  3. Revenant

Revenant New Member

Hi hello and welcome.

4. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Welcome! This server was my first roleplay experience as well, and here I am two and a half years later! I'm sure you'll do fine, and if you have any questions at all, there's a multitude of people wiling to help!

5. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I'm not days late to this welcome party at all. Welcome to Antares, pal. C'mon in, the water's fine!

6. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent