1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I have been told by a few people...

Discussion in 'Concerns and Suggestions' started by yoyohaloreach, Jun 18, 2016.

1. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

That Omega is apparently one of the most hated characters, or atleast that's what I've been perceiving.here I am going to consider everyone's suggestions and opinions. Be as blatant as you want to be, but this is all concerning OOC. IC things are not taking into consideration. So please leave your comments down below and I will take them all to heart. Also I received notice, that mutliple people have disliked the idea of the vending machines. But I have not heard anything from anyone. But the creator of the machines has told me about this, and to take them down since he does not want his name related to that. I am thinking of making another version. Where it is my OWN fault not theirs. Mostly for the reason of not wanting to hear other's complaints through them. If you have a problem with the way I play thinks, I urge you to take it up with me.
    Edit: And just a notice, I will make my own. And they will not be vending machines.

#1 yoyohaloreach, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Personally, I dislike how Omega has everything without having to work for it IC. The one that stuck out most for me was the incident whereupon Kahlua walked up on Omega talking about how he had dispatched some drones or something with some Infantry Power Armor he had 'just lying around.' Like, who has multi-million dollar equipment 'just lying around?' Military hardware is meticulously inventoried and accounted for. Trust me.

Also, I dislike the stigma that everyone who knows anything about firearms is a crack shot. I heard through the grapevine that Omega was supposedly a clone among like, a thousand other clones that were slightly different than him, and he had to kill them all or something? Is there any truth to that? It's a bit of an outrageous claim, so I want to get your input on that before I make judgement.

Also, on the topic of the machines, they always bothered me because they seemed hella asspully.

Omega's shop. Why is it on the frontier? A lawless unsafe zone, not even close to being fit for a super-successful business man. Why wouldn't he be based in the core sectors? Supposedly it's a chain of stores, but why is the head of the company in such a high-risk place? That just seems silly.

4 people like this.
  3. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

My casual interactions with him have been fine, but Ziggy raises good points. I just don't know enough details about the character to make a point either way.

4. Recluse

Recluse New Member

Haven't RP'd with him much as a character, but yeah, I think it's so strange why a multi-million dollar business man is so... out there so to say.There was a fight going on at camp, right? So he ran home, put on armor, then ran back with a... *rail cannon* I think? Ignoring how he has all that, because it's likely he *can* have that, why would he of done this? If he's a business man, surely he sees the appeal in not wasting his life by fighting.

5. zkkzz

zkkzz New Member

He's gotten a lot better at RP-in-general as of late. Like, he used to be kind of interrupting some roleplay with his style, but not anymore-- fits in a lot better. I agree with the points here, but the main thing that made me frustrated with Omega, you've largely corrected. So yeh

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Please don't take anything we've said personally. I don't hate you as a person, nor do I hate Omega as a character. We just wanted to bring to light the things that we dislike about the character like you asked.

7. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

He comes off a Russian to me... And as a dude playing a Russian space-ape I feel like someone is intruding upon my turf.

8. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

My biggest problem with Omega is that he's a very flat character. You can't make up your mind. He's a savvy business man according to you, but then degrades himself by throwing out radio insults and saying "Mic drop". He reacts with next to nothing at most things and when something greatly surprising happens, he's just like "ok" and pulls out guns.

The guns part. You joke around a lot OOC and when RP gets to be busy, you sometimes clutter chat with ((HAHAHAHAHA)) or the like. It's fine most of the time now since things died down, but it's still there.

The multimillion dollar company from Core Sector also grinds my gears. You're an old member so I always took it as something from the past that I can't change, so I allowed it to stay. But as time went on, that company just became a source for asspull to the point where Omega is no longer just a gunsmith, but produces next to everything weapons wise. And for me as someone who takes time to make just one thing, it's offputting. But aside from just me, it's offputting that it destroys the idea that someone could be making things as well. For example, you expanded into plasma weaponry with next to no explanation. I wouldn't wanna do something if someone can do it faster. And I don't ever like using Admin authority over matters of bias.

I never see Omega's skills come to light either. This could either be from me not having seen Omega much, but I don't see very much in the way of fixing weapons, making weapons, or anything at all involving the production of said weapons from a weaponsmith. So my interpretation is that you make things in pixel art now and just make it in game to sell. So to me the experience of interacting with Omega from that point of view is very hollow. It's just buying stuff from an NPC.

There's also the whole about how you rip weapons from packs and steal weapons from other people to sell.

He's played very flat and the multimillion company pulls of money and resources destroys opportunities.

These are just my complaints about Omega as a character. We're all pallies here.

9. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

I can see the stupidity in my own actions and I will do my best to improve how my character is structured. I mean there are points I agree with, actually quite a lot. And there are some that I do not agree with. I'll try to downgrade how big the company is as it is only ten years old. And I'll try not to spray money every where to solve problems. I'm going to start giving a monthly limit of how much I can spend IC, I'll post it along with my journal logs or maybe something else. Though for those who do not know, I am not running the whole gunsmithery by myself. I have partnered with a few people to construct said things. I mean Omega wouldn't know two shots about Plasma or laser weaponry I try to keep it more kinetic. Sure there is going to be some other markets here and there. But I'm going to stay in Kinetic. And if someone wants to make a Plasma scene go ahead. I'm going to try and put more emotion into my character... And uh Zig not a thousand tweny four, and he didn't kill any. As for the asspulling machines, I can see that. But this server does run on asspull resources. Though I'm not going to try and nitpick everyone else. I think this was very helpful indeed. Thank you to those who have spoken up.

2 people like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Alright, I just wanted to get confirmation before bringing judgement down on the story. Thanks for clearing that up.

11. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

PLus wasn't a soldier thing, more of a social experiment, I guess you can call it.

12. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

A social experiment? Don't you mean...

JUST A PRANK BRO!

13. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIN'!