1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Political Uprising/Revolution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cynirr, May 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

I'm sure most of you know of how The Council is almost completely disassociated with Council Space inhabitants. One of the only glimpses we have had of them on the server publicly was when the scouts were around, briefly. The Council is never there for us or the colonies and is never involved, not even in crisis'.

A political uprising and change in the frontiers government would generate plenty of RP that would last a long time. Not to mention a surge in new characters, factions, and of course, unique scenarios and experiences for you and your characters.

The most important part of an event such as this is the outcome. Would you rather have something that benefits your characters, or would you rather have something that benefits RP, in general.

I encourage you to leave comments and concerns. Tell me what you think about it.

2. I like the idea, although then we would need to put a lot of work into the council being more apparent (Not that it isn't a good thing, I'd like to see the council fleshed out more, although it would be a good amount of work) Another issue I feel would be the lack of player created factions that are more independent, because of how many people would just stray to being either a council loyalist or work for whatever this other faction may be. I'm not exactly sure if that is the way things would go, because a lot of people/characters would not want to be in a government faction, but those are my concerns and only small concerns. All in all I think This would be a good idea and it would be a nice idea to have a bigger picture on the server because sometimes you just need a thing to get a conversation going, a reason to start a fight, etc... and who doesn't love political rp?

1 person likes this.
  3. ZeeDubyah

ZeeDubyah New Member

yes

4. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Holy fleet takes over council. Burd reich to last 1000 years.

5. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

As the one who originally came up with the concept for "the council" I can say my original plan was for them to exist almost entirely on the forums. A sort of IC way for people to get colonies approved, lodge complaints about corrupt colonies and even for the staff to get involved with IC affairs.
    Only problem was I left the staff before any of that could really happen. Oh well. Bring on the Bird Reich.

6. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

Birb Reich, oh no

7. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

Viva la revolution!

8. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

yo if you're gonna do something like this, do it before 1.0. planning to do some council stuff then, probably, to give them a bit more presence. (its still being discussed and developed)

9. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

It takes a long time to organize something like this and to find the right people. If we were to start now, it probably wouldn't begin 'til after 1.0

10. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I mean it could still happen after 1.0 no probs, but starting it before then if possible might be a good idea. Wish we knew when the update was coming.

11. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

The most difficult part, and the longest, is getting people to get involved in the movement.

12. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

And I don't feel that the server is quite ready for that yet, especially since the integration of OE is very recent. There would be a lot of confusion, most likely.