1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Apex Lab Raid

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Jetniss, Dec 23, 2015.

1. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

I'll stay for it too

2. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'd be perfectly happy coming up with a new character if you need more cannon-fodder Apex.

3. JohnShadow

We may be doing something with Agarans, rather than Apex, but we would definitely still need extras, and a lot of them, for that.

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I'd harcap armour at Durasteel values.
    Otherwise things become a bit ridiculous.
    The advanced tiers are supposedly super rare, too expensive for regular characters to own.
    There's also the matter of maintenance and repair, where do you get spare parts or extra rubium?
    Again, highest tiered armour for "special" character's i've ever seen was 1 tier above durasteel and even then it was considered to be a luxury.

5. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Considering how much ore we can find, I think the metal itself is easy to find and the bars are easy to create. But I guess the real struggle with the last tiers metals is to shape them into armors, which could explain why they need a specialized table/furnace for them. So I guess repairing and rarity is quit common and easy access.

6. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

IG mechanics don't equal IC roleplay values.

Back when the Order was around, a moderator back then already proclaimed Durasteel as the standard, the other ores are too rare.

7. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

From the way Smokestack explained things as far as loot is concerned, Durasteel is considered very rare and should be used in my the confines of the event "sparingly."
    Given the Apex are quite advanced, I figure that rarity he implied is even more emphasized.
    So I figure Durasteel is the measure of "rare armor" in the world, and beyond that, it's super rare and legendary.
    Not easy or common, definitely not either. Probably hard, and rare, and requiring high tech facilities to produce.
    (Not that we can't use the appearance, we probably just shouldn't claim it's that particular armor)

8. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

[​IMG]
    Phase 3
    Rise of the Planet of the Agarans
    Yes I'm a piece of shit, leave me alone.
    Inventory has been taken of the Lab's loot, and the HOPE settlers are beginning to pack away as many supplies as they possibly can. However, the constant flickering on and off of the lab, and the decreased Apex activity has emboldened the planet's native Agaran inhabitants. The sound of the Agaran cries can be heard in the distance-- war chants, grunts and howls, the playlist of nightmares in the night. The Agarans gear up for battle, and it's up to the remaining raiders to fend off the Agarans while they secure the facility's loot.

However, there are other threats hanging over the Raider's head as well-- The impending return of an Apex reclamation force, racing to the Baomra Crescent to reclaim Grishov Marx' precious lab. The raiders received a single warning confirming this fear.

The raiders are now pressed between an incoming Agaran siege, and an Apex kill-squad. Will they be able to hold out and escape? Or will they be swallowed the ceaseless conflict?

No need to register for this one! Stay on the planet and prepare for the Agaran attack!

Those interested in playing Agarans, contact me (Jetniss) right away! The event will occur tomorrow at 6PM EST(3PM EST early start)--

Alternatively those stuck on the planet before can leave whenever they please!

9. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I can play an Apex or an Agaran, whichever one ends up more needed.

10. ScarletSongbird

ScarletSongbird Galactic Hitchhiker

Chit bailed ASAP, she's gone, she had the apex library data on her datapad.

11. JohnShadow

I'll play as Jason as usual, and can I play the Agaran Warchief?

12. Lyrith

Lyrith New Member

Jet, mind posting 15 minutes before the event starts ?

13. War_Weazel

War_Weazel New Member

If I'm switching characters for this phase should I write another character sheet?

14. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

i'll be able to probably participate in this phase. hopefully my internet/power doesn't fuck up this time.

15. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

[​IMG]
    Escape from the Planet of the Agarans

Major Victory!
    The Raiders, composed primarily of Hope settlers, Darnah, Leonardo, Corey, Jetniss, and their partner in misfortune-- Jason, managed to hold off the Agaran assault. Wave after wave of Agaran has thrown themselves at the raiders and with the power of the super charged Deathcap Agaran, they managed to take near the entire facility.

Jetniss and Darnah fought desperately to hold off the Agaran threat, until half the facility was lost, prompting Leonardo and Jason to assist directly. In the commotion, Jetniss found himself gravely wounded, but as luck would have it the exploits of Leonardo freed the Apex Abomination. The Abomination would snag the attention of the Agarans, who might've found themselves an ally in the abomination had they not acted hastily. Needless to say, the Abomination brought the Raider's time, and the fluids of the Abomination's container doused the wounded Agarans and the wounded Jetniss, closing their wounds and keeping them in stable condition-- and allowing the Agarans to fight on.

In the end, the Raiders made their way to the roof, finishing off one of the Agaran leaders at the top before beaming into orbit and to safety. With an Apex task force not far behind, the Raiders are pressed to leave the sector as soon as possible. Fate smiles upon the raiders this day-- as their legend continues.

For those interested in loot, please contact me OOCly to discuss getting a cut of the loot ICly.

Thanks for all those who participated in the events, and I apologize for any headaches it may have caused.

THANKS TO

Darkwhip as Korax Eclipse
    Lyrith as Darnah
    CaptainBritton02 as Romanus
    Ayedyn as Cloyd
    JohnShadow as Jason Ferrara
    Scarletsongbird as Chit
    Krug as Leonardo
    War_Weazel as Marcus

Special thanks to
    DeltaV as Johannes, and Shroomar(as well as several iterations of Shroomar)
    JohnShadow as Vladimir, Volkov, and Slashcap (as well as several iterations of Slashcap)
    Omarhiggins as Gene (as well as several iterations of Gene)
    WrongEndoftheRaindow as Shroomcap(as well as several iterations of Shroomcap)
    Shag as Apex Guard
    FoRgE as Nikolai
    Smokestack for acceptance, and certification of loot.
    Antares for the support and opportunity!

Uncreddited Characters:
    I don't know the forum accounts for these
    Blue
    Corey

#75 Jetniss, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  16. JohnShadow

And,
    Special thanks to:
    Jetniss as Jetniss, Deathcap, The Abomination, Grishov Marx, and several Apex soldiers, as well as the leader of the event, and for holding it all together.
    Couldn't have done it without you!
    (and it was really fun too XD)​

17. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Argh, I got to the first page and it looked like you guys had a good idea. I then notice there's four pages. Read, and then you guys have already done it. I was confused, and am sad that I couldn't be a part of it. :( Is there going to be more? Because I wanna be a part of something.

18. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Some Hope-centric events are coming up soon.