1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Apex Lab Raid

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Jetniss, Dec 23, 2015.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I would imagine that in the vast majority of cases, the goal of a cybernetic limb is to be able to be used for grasping and walking and whatnot rather than being heavily armored, so if anything they'd be more fragile than your average arm or leg.

2. War_Weazel

War_Weazel New Member

A steel limb would be much more resistant than a fleshy arm.

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Are most prosthetic limbs not made of plastic and similar things? Steel sounds like it would be clunky and impractical.

4. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Prostetics would not count as armor for this event's purposes.

And what mistake in armor Whip?

5. War_Weazel

War_Weazel New Member

They're not prosthetics!

6. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

As far as this event is concerned, they server as prosthetics.
    Defense values apply exclusively to equipment. Armor placed on the body to defend the body from damage.

And what mistake in armor tiers?

7. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

Ok I got two characters! (as usual!)

Raider
    Jason Ferrara
    Background: Been helping since the beginning
    HP: 20
    AGL: 4
    STR: 2
    DEF: None

Apex
    Volkov
    Background: Apex Commander
    HP: 20
    AGL: 0 (-5)
    STR: 10
    DEF: Tier 5

DISCLAIMER: {Volkov is only powerful b/c he's the commander lol}

#47 JohnShadow, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  8. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Please re-read the Phase 2 post. Raiders have a base 6 points to spend for this event, and can request more provided reason. The Commander gets a base 15 points.

9. JohnShadow

Oh alright, sorry I was in a rush XD

10. ScarletSongbird

ScarletSongbird Galactic Hitchhiker

Gonna be late by a half hour, save some stuff for me to mess with!

11. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

12. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Phase 2

Success!

The raiders managed to bypass the defenses at the front door of the lab-- and after a long drawn out siege and a minor war of attrition, they managed to get inside. Within, the raiders fought hard against a superior enemy and took some injuries, but once inside they solidified a position.
    Chit, the primary intellect behind the Raider's siege managed to knock down some minor security and recover some precious files from the lab whilst the raiders fought their way through hail fire after hail fire.
    Through the efforts of the Elite Johannes, the raiders were locked out of a majority of the facility until Korax Eclipse managed to make their way onto the roof of the lab and use the roof entrance which a soldier unwittingly left open. Such an opening didn't come without its price. With Korax within the facility, she was able to shut down the power interrupting Marcus and Jetniss's attack, and inadvertently saving them from greater injury.

With the power down, radio contact has been restored, as was orbital translocation. Jetniss made a daring run to follow Korax to the roof of the facility, only to find the wounded Avian in time to be ambushed by Commander Volkov himself and Elite Johannes. What was a complete losing battle quickly had the script flipped as Jetniss managed to get close enough to Volkov to disarm him and take the fight into melee where he stood a better chance whilst Korax and Johannes duked it out in a fire fight. Eventually, the two pairs of combatants got separated, and two very blood fights ensued-- leaving Johannes to be ultimately gunned down by Korax, and Volkov in a death duel with Jetniss.

[​IMG]

As the fight dragged on, Volkov took Jetniss hostage after overpowering him a number of times, and carried him to the edge of the roof with Korax holding them both at gun point. A moment's weakness as Volkov shot Korax allowed Jet to knock him from the roof-- and the two fell to a slightly lower level where they had one final fist fight. By the end of it, Jet pulled a knife and stabbed Volkov, forcing him to the end of the roof, and with a quick assist from Korax, sent the Apex commander tumbling to his doom.

[​IMG]

With the Apex commander dead, and the guards inside cleared out...
    [​IMG]
    one question is left--

"Where is Grishov Marx? And what of his experiment?"

With the facility's power offline, many ships have taken off from the planet's surface, and radio chatter has reached the surface again. Even some of the raiders have taken their first chance to high-tail it from Baomra Crescent V and head off home. However, the settlers of HOPE remain.

Jetniss, Darnah, Leonardo, Corey, and any volunteer willing to help them have decided to occupy the facility, and pack up all they could to transport any working equipment home.

But the body of Commander Volkov is missing, and Grishov Marx is still unaccounted for. There have also been sightings of wild Mushroom growth to the west...

With the darkest night over, a bright new dawn approaches

[​IMG]

But is it... Really... Over?

Phase 3 -- Coming Soon

13. JohnShadow

*DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*

14. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

15. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

[​IMG]
    any armour past tier 4 (Durasteel) is divided in 3 classes;
    Maniplator: used to craft staff combat armor which has reduced defense to offset its high energy. It's specialized for use in combination with staffs.
    Accelerator: ranged combat armor which is balanced for defense and energy generation. It's specialized for use in combination with gun-type weapons.
    Separator: used to craft melee combat based gear which has increased defense to offset it's low energy. It's specialized for use in combination with melee weapons.

Each of these 3 classes has 2 tiers, so they're the 5th and 6tier.

Copper and Siler armour are so bad they're not even in the 7 tiers. They're literally tier -1 and 0.

Of course these are IG-stats, so we don't know what to make of it IC yet. Perhaps accelerator armour is lighter and more manoeuverable than separator armour, so reloading, dodging and carrying ammo around is easyer? Separator armour gives you tons of defense but makes you less able at dodging and slower? And Manipulator armour, has some form of internal power source that powers staves? If staves are IC, because supposedly they should be super rare IC, if they are IC, because they're relics of ancient highly advanced tech.

16. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Yes, I know that there's 3 categories and 2 tiers to each category. I did not intend to include them as I figure no one has that armor, and I'm suspicious of anyone who does have that armor [I figure that armor is stuff an admin might give you from an admin-created event as opposed to a player-created event], so I quickly threw them in with different stats depending on the type of armor they were which I think captured their purpose well (for the purposes of this event, also wanted to keep things as quick as possible and as simple as possible).

I however wasn't setting a standard for armor in general, which is why I put the tag "for the purposes of this event," with copper and silver and such acting as tier 1 and giving just 1 defense and taking off 2 speed(which isn't all that worth it). The tiers for this event was set primarily with the defense value in mind. Things like energy and magic and all of that weren't in the original plans, and I didn't intend to try and accomodate them for questionable armor just maybe one or two people might have. But thanks!

Phase 3 will be a base defense for those interested in staying until the end!

17. Lyrith

Lyrith New Member

When will phase 3 happen ?

18. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Generally Durasteel armour is where it's at.

19. Jetniss

Jetniss New Member

Yeah. Durasteel was also the rarest armor featured in the event, and the rarest to recover.

@Lyrith:

I'll figure that out today. It can be tonight or it can be tomorrow. Just depends on when you, Leo, and Corey can participate.

20. Lyrith

Lyrith New Member

Okay thanks, I can participate today and or tomorow.