1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

LGBTQ Charachters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Boran, Dec 17, 2015.

?

How do you feel about the server having LGBTQ Members?

1. Sure!

65.6%
  2. Meh.

25.0%
  3. Nope.Nope.Nope

9.4%
  1. Lord Boran

Lord Boran New Member

Just wondering how the server felt about LGBTQ charachters on the server/in general. Please vote on the poll! ^_^

2. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

Considering the DISPROPORTIONATE amount of lesbian characters I've seen on the server, I think it's generally accepted. The only discrimination I imagine them facing is IC, acting like a cock to someone OOC for who they play is just retarded.

3. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

Honestly, I don't see why LGBTQ, Race, or anything wouldn't be accepted. It's 2015 gui's, we need to get over how people choose to identify themselves, lets just try to be a generation of people who doesn't discriminate against Social or Sexual orientation, or race!
    Or you know, at least try and stop being rude to each other because of differences.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

No one minds/cares so long as you play people and not stereotypes. About that simple, really.

5. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Frankly I don't see that point to this thread. It is pointless. It is a well known fact that Gamers are more tolerant and understand of the LGTBQ community and general people. I personally have no issue at all as I have friends that are part of that community.

Honestly this situation is really about growing up and being mature. So many injustice and discrimination in the worlds that it is just stupid. People should be simply be viewed as people. No matter your race, sex, orientation, social status, or hell even if you human at all. A person is a person simple as that. As I said before humanity needs to grow up.

As a side note if you are so concern about your sexual orientation and how it will affect how others view you in others eyes. I feel that there is a massive self-esteem issue at hand that should be addressed. No offense. You should be more confident in who and how your are.

6. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

To be honest, if anyone is actually discriminating against anyone apart of the LGBTQ community here, they're breaking our first global rule, "Be respectful of others". We don't want anyone hatin' on us for who we are, we don't wanna see it happen to other people! Roleplay on the server is a different matter, of course; In-character should be kept in-character and all that, but out of character, community members should never hate on someone else because of their sexual orientation, nationality, gender, etc. S'all about treating each other with respect, ya know?

7. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Incorrect. It's 2415, get your calendars straight.

8. Lord Boran

Lord Boran New Member

Thank you all for voting and leaving your input, I just wanted to see how people on the website/server felt about LGBTQ people in general. Overall it seems that people a tolerant/mature.

9. Raideck

Raideck Member

OF COURSE WERE TOLERANT AND MATURE WE'RE ANTARES!

*Salutes Antares Banner*

On a serious note if anyone does insult or make rude comments or anything that is offensive ooc please report it to the staff and they will straighten it out.

But uh ic I dunno it'd probably be because they didn't get their bottle of whisky that day.

10. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

An important thing to remember is that your character's primary trait shouldn't be that they're gay.

11. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

12. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I'll be seen as a dick for not joining the [current year] train, but tbh I dont give a damn.

I don't like it. COME AT ME BRO.*

But I don't run the place and everyone else is cool with it, so (like Delta said) as long as it doesn't make it your character's one and only defining trait I'm not gonna sperg out.

*If you hadn't noticed this was sarcasm.

#12 Shag, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  13. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Ever since I've been on this server, the disproportion between straight and homosexual characters has been heavily in the latter's favor. I think its' safe to say it's accepted without needing a poll.

14. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Being gay is so fucking gay dude.

15. Wardenn

Wardenn New Member

while i do like seeing those characters, people tend to roleplay them as "special snowflakes." and are usually disrespectful to others OOCly and ICly. As long as they're played by a rational person who won't do those things, they k. c:

also im necroing for a reason. srsly. dont be an asshat as one of these characters

16. Liarbird

Liarbird New Member

In my line of work the proper term is LGBTI (I being Intersex) but anyway, a character';s choice of lifestyle doesn't make the character.

If anything sexual orientation should be a part of a character, but it shouldn't -be- that character. There's a narrative difference between an Avian who is known for his/her sexuality, versus an Avian grounded who is well versed in exploration who just so happens to be bisexual. As an example.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

well hello there c:

18. Orenten

Orenten New Member

It comforts me to see the majority of you selecting positive/neutral ones. Being a bisexual person myself, it makes me feel more at ease seeing this.
    Naw, as for the "Nope"s, I have a feeling I know a certain high pitched villain that may have selected that as a joke...

19. Liarbird

Liarbird New Member

I obviously wasn't using myself as an example there, you lewdbirb

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

well I was using myself. =w=