1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Server Performance

Discussion in 'Concerns and Suggestions' started by Wardenn, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Wardenn

Wardenn New Member

Recently my friends and I have been having trouble with connection to the server. This has only happened at times of high traffic. Ping times with other servers such as google.com, yahoo.com, and bing.com are completely normal.

My hypothesis is the server is not meant to handle high traffic from connections that are outlying. When it begins to get high-traffic from outlying connections, it severs them to preserve CPU. Dedicated computers are notorious for this.

Is the server ran from a dedicated server, a dedicated computer, or is it hosted externally?

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: I've pinged the server and are currently receiving 25% packet loss.

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I dunno mate, I'm from Europe myself, and I've got no connection issues, only fps issues, which are fixed when i reinstall starbound... this update messed up some stuff

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It's a dedicated server. The best an average income fellow like me can afford w/o consistent donations.

Note: google, yahoo, and bing are large multi-million dollar corporations who can afford the finest servers available. Also, website servers handle stress differently from game servers.

4. Wardenn

Wardenn New Member

It was fixed after the server itself restarted. I guess something serverside errored and was fixed with a reboot.