1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What Does Council Space Really Need?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EyesofMarch, Oct 19, 2015.

1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

That's sort of the question. I feel like we have enough shops on Olympus, a nice little bar on Pinewood (If you don't count the cultist blood and drunk guy piss swelling in the floorboards), but I really feel like this sector of space doesn't have the pizzaz of Antares. No shows, no factories, no.. Well, nothing that really sets this place apart. Nothing that's like, man, I really wanna go THERE today.

I guess Starnet is as good a place as any to get together and maybe join forces and resources to make something nice. I can't say I'll get involved, but I'd like to throw the whole system out there. What does Council Space REALLY need?

- Sarah McKinley

2. TheExoHunter

TheExoHunter The Prettiest Princess

Lots, and lots, of waffles.
    -Sol

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Intelligent people. -Skarti

4. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Non racist birds, Clubs, A huge star station for entertainment an living and such.... Um Actually no racist anything, more diverse culture... OH OH a holiday, lets make our own holiday.
    -Omega.

5. Kirby teh Pink

Do I have to remind you of the multitude of times either you or some other human has made ignorant specist remarks about my culture? Or perhaps by "diverse" you actually mean "Human-centric" -Skarti

6. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member

A competent police force presence instead of a brigade trigger-happy fools with badges that mean nothing on all planets except for one.
    -Devi

7. skeletor

skeletor Banned

people who aren't self entitled faglords who victimize themselves and punish others for their own ineptitude

healthcare would be nice too

- alwergi

8. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

No I meant, don't be a fucking dick to other races....
    - Omega.

9. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member

Oh yes. And i'm CERTAIN you don't to do that at all. No sir. I imagine your one-finger salutes of every Avian are but signs of respect.
    But what do I know.
    -Devi

10. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

I don't do that unless people are assholes, you are said asshole. End of this discussion bye bye, see you later.
    -Omega.

11. skeletor

skeletor Banned

why is it that every time someone tries to make a constructive post about what people need it turns into a war in which people just throw their shitty opinions at each other until one gives into common sense and fucks off

- alwergi

12. Kirby teh Pink

Don't be a "fucking dick" to other races? As I have spent enough time among you mammals to know that "fucking" refers to the act of copulation, and "dick" is a slang term for your specie's male reproductive organ, I can assure you I am most certainly not a copulating reproductive organ to other races.

Oh, but of course, you humans bizarrely use such terms as a form of insult, such a way with words you all have. That said, I'm afraid such a statement applies to yourself equally as much as it does to me, human. -Skarti

13. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member

We have spoken about this sort of exchange between us in the past. I do suggest you stop. Asshole.
    -Devi

14. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Holy fucking shit people, stop being a bunch of cunts and be constructive.

Thank you Omega. My personal feedback? Honestly I don't think star ports or orbital stations would be possible unless Triton somehow did it, what, with their massive resources. Do we really need clubs? I guess dancing would be a fun thing to do.

What else do we want? Do we NEED? Let's be constructive ladies and gents!

- Sarah McKinley

15. Yotan

Yotan New Member

*Audio to text from Fernpetal*

What about a dance club? Me hear thossse are fun be in.

16. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

A temple for the faithful and otherwise would certainly be a blessing. I have come to realize these grounded are unusually numerous here. What a shame His teachings have not met my poor lost kin.

-Izo

#16 Ricardo, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
  17. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

A temple would really be nice, and perhaps a proper Avian-including restaurant. Many places do not serve our food, and even when they do, it's in metallic cans with toxins mixed with it.
    - Chitlipotonqui Fenuku

18. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Sir Omega was quite nice to me the other day, he was a perfect gentleman and showed me around town without asking for any recompense,

A proper temple in the sector would be nice...a humble place for small gatherings and important ceremonies..

-Raincaller Coyotin

19. Optimism

Optimism Guest

I'm not really sure where to begin or how to say this, because I'm pretty sure others have said it better than I can- but I was wondering if we could have a business or location that was just a weapon-free zone?

Maybe I'm just not used to it, but the number of full holsters here makes me anxious. I find it very hard to be friendly and start a casual conversation with strangers when they've almost always got a friend by their hip who seems like they're giving me a dirty look and telling me to watch what I do if I know what's good for me. If that can't be done could there at least be a way to restrict weapons in bars? I know I'm not the most intelligent, but I don't think a higher BAC and lots of heavy weapon belts offer the greatest potential outcomes.

I asked someone once why so many people on the frontier were armed with guns, and they told me because they were afraid. When I asked what they were afraid of they said they were afraid of other people with guns.

I hope this makes sense. All I'm trying to say is it could be good to think about creating an establishment or firm like a bank, club, or public building where weapons aren't allowed. Maybe it could ease this feeling of tension away? I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this.

I'm not sure what I'm saying makes sense, but I'm just trying to help.

Posted by:

Cheep3r, the concerned Avian

20. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

This person is really nice, I'm more than nice to people who are not mean in anyway to me or my friends.... So yeah, if I'm a jerk to you just know that you started with the hosility.
    -Omega