1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

USS. I don't know

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Cannibal_Kon, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Cannibal_Kon

Cannibal_Kon New Member

Title is mostly humor, it does detail what I'm about to ask though.

I was reading a bit and was bored and felt like building a little. So I was like, "You know what'd be an interesting idea? A space station that wasn't a space station in the beginning. What if it was a public ship that was used as an outpost of sorts that you could go to to trade and exchange goods. It was almost like a merchant ship, but it was accessible by all?"

What I mean by this is that I have mapped out an asteroid field already and checked that it was free. What I planned on doing was creating a ship on the warp in spot and having it seem kind of lived in and such. From there, it'd be rather small and nothing more than a small place in the vast universe. As time went on, it'd grow from trade and slowly turn into a space station as the owner gained money and resources.

So does this sound like a good idea? It's going to have varying stages of course, it'll just be a small space ship at the start, but it'll grow into bigger ships and eventually be a small colony, but it's going to take a while to grow. What do you guys think? If you don't like the idea/want to give advice, please pitch your own idea. I'm definitely going to do this, but I'd like to see the response I get.

2. Metts

Metts New Member

Sounds awesome

3. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

With enough time, good management and good sense of design you could get far!

Go for it if enough people feel interested.

4. skeletor

skeletor Banned

my only problem is that with things that are in space, edgy shitlords are always going to want to blow a hole in it and fuck shit over
    they'll always find a way
    always

5. Cannibal_Kon

Cannibal_Kon New Member

That is true, I'm going off the assumption that people will be respectful, if they aren't, I'll deal with it. Either way, it doesn't really affect me much aside from losing a bit of something I built. As long as I'm the only one hurt by edgy shitlords, I can deal with it.

6. skeletor

skeletor Banned

just watching out for you
    someone might make aiko's power rangers 2.0 and try to fuck shit up like they did in the mawl

7. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

You could always hire security!

Triton's out there and they do a pretty good job OOC and IC wise.

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

Someone has PTSD