1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Event: The "Opportunity" Shipwreck

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Tallen, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Character: Cheep
    Species: Avian
    Reason: Ticket purchased in an attempt to find discount parts for their eroding ship out of sector
    Inventory: One set of casual clothing, a dagger, bottled water, and some canned food.
    Luggage: Some additional supplies carried by a frontier vagrant like a tent, some camping gear, and more food. Most of it was likely damaged or destroyed.

2. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

((Wait people can still join this even though it's already started?))

3. Ace1560

Ace1560 New Member

Yes.

4. Dark Lord Stan

Dark Lord Stan The Recoloring Master

They will be considered survivors who got separated from many group, via stuck under something or got lost wandering on their own.

5. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

The cockpit, or rather "Cannibal Cove" as I have been calling it, is now being occupied a small team of players.

[​IMG]

As this now exiled group of characters are obviously not going to raid the main encampment while everyone else sleeps, we also request that you do not raid ours while we sleep ((OOC of course)). That means that the cockpit is currently out of bounds for any of the core survivor group unless any of our group is online.

6. Wingfighter

Wingfighter New Member

Pfft. Exiled? Look at Bork. He's just there for the free food! (Not Human meat...)

upload_2015-6-14_2-15-55.png

#26 Wingfighter, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
  7. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Okay, well Bork wasn't really exiled, but everyone else is.

Also, can I just say that this is deliriously good roleplay.

8. Tallen

Tallen New Member

[​IMG]

How the hell did we get so much wolf meat?

#28 Tallen, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
  9. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Character: Space-Eater
    Species: Floran
    In the ship because: A Gatherer floran born into an especially primtive floran tribe, she has always been fascinated by technology and has had a knack for it. After hearing about the more technologically advanced worlds outside Antares, she hitched a ride to get hold of the tech.
    Inventory: Stunprod, Torch, PDA

10. Tallen

Tallen New Member

And three wolves gave that much meat? And a 'firing squad'? With what weapons? The group only had a scant few handguns and some malfunctioning rifles.

11. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Fantastic, then! IC Purpose, here I come!

Character: Maz Noviak
    Species: Human

In the ship because: He heard a rumor that a survivor of the Seraph System(his home solar system)'s destruction by what he assumed was a supernova ended up in the Tormenta sector. Hoping it to be at least someone who could explain what happened and if anyone survived, he quickly looked for a chance to get out there...well, actually he mostly just wanted to see how life is outside of Antares. Maybe it was more eventful? The rumor thing was a nice push, though. Regardless, since his ship basically got torn in two the last time he tried to make a long-distance jump, the Opportunity voyage seemed to be a Godsend. Unfortunately, he made the mistake of petting Praeven (his black cat) on the way out. Luck never has any room in the important bits, it seems.

Carrying things with him: A single silent shock pistol (default set to a non-lethal voltage. Might have been jammed at that setting in the crash.) holstered on a hip and two throwable knives on his back. Just insurance since the name "Tormenta" paints such a pretty picture. Wearing normal everyday clothes with a scarf. Had a satchel as his carry-on that includes some bandages, his personal datapad with a copy of his journal on it, a wire tool, and 5 extra battery charges for his shock pistol if the current one overloads (after about 10-15 consecutive shots without at least a minute of cooling down. 1 minute cool down = 1 more shot before possible overload, basically.)

Luggage: Since "Tormenta" was such a cheery name, Maz "accidentally" overpaid the luggage team to include his lightweight "Demon Hunter" armor (with his other 6 knives and secondary not-so-silent shock pistol with 10 more battery charges) among his two changes of clothes, Violin in a case, and a simple hand-built laptop. This luggage was likely separated from wherever he ends up and the laptop badly damaged. The violin should be fine thanks to the case.

Skills: Enough engineering experience to basically turn a half-destroyed taxi into his personal spaceship and only blow up twice (first one wasn't his fault. Of course.). Smaller things he works on are...much more efficient. Also has picked up on some combat and survival experience from almost two years of living pseudo-alone in the frontiers of space.

I'll try to be on today-ish. Survival shenanigans and sarcastic retorts, ho!

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I'm seriously considering leaving the event because of its time. I can't be on at 4 PM EST.

13. HuskyD

HuskyD New Member

Sounds hella fun :^)

Character Name: Wilfred
    Reason for being in the ship: Looking to get specific resources.
    Inventory: Advanced PDA, a couple batteries, unused mechanical hand, narcotics.

14. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

Character: "Robbie"
    In the ship because: The bastard wanted to leave the sector permanently, to get away from the filthy xenos that plague it. That's a real shame, man.
    Inventory: Neoprene balaclava (what's a fascist without concealing headgear?), olive bandana, casual attire (bomber jacket, button-up shirt, cargo trousers), personal data assistant, harmonica, subcompact handgun (2 magazines of eight rounds), and a nasty attitude.

15. Tallen

Tallen New Member

They moved to a cave. Some other people joined up with the outcast group in the cockpit.

On another note, I suggest everyone show up today around 4-5 pm EST.

16. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

the cave may or may not have caved in

17. Dark Lord Stan

Dark Lord Stan The Recoloring Master

Also if people could maybe start showing up a bit earlier than 4 pm EST, that be nice.

18. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Okay I want to state this as and get this off my chest. I like the Rp Event but I am not liking what I have been seeing. First off there are WAY to many guns. Any new characters at this point that are found or some how survived, should not be bring any more guns, ammo, or food in to the RP.
    All chairs at this point should be cannibalized. Guns should be malfunctioning more due to the cold, due to high pressures and the cold making the metals brittle, even if warmed up by the fire they would not be functioning long in exposed coldness. The "supposed" ammo supply is well finite and should not be a infinite as it has been made/played to seen.

I hate to remind you but this is a SURVIVAL, meaning that in survival there are rules and yes it is just to live long but there are still rules. In any extreme situation you cannot survive for more than:

3 minutes without air.
    3 hours without shelter.
    3 days without water.
    3 weeks without food.

Far as I see it the tribal florans and anyone with decent survival skills should the most important people. Anyone with a military background, has learn basic survival skills, cops/security/guard are not military and normal are not trained in survival. If your character does not have any information in their background of being in a tribe, a hunter, a military personal, or some odd survival expert they do not know about basic survival other then what their bodies are needing, like food, water, warmth, and rest. This does not mean that those without survival skills are useless. As the earlier example: cops/security/guard make great people of protecting the group when those with good survival skills are out. Those who can cook or work food industry can make sure people are getting feed and water, doctors/medics are well what they are good at keeping people healed. Again this is survival use what your character knows and their background.

Also racial physiology show be a consideration and a massive factor (these are some of my suggestions):
    Cold effects:
    • Florans, Glitches, and Hylotls can't handle the cold well at all, they will have like 15 to 20 minutes max in exposed weather.
    • Human, Avian can last an 30 mins at best.
    • Apex and Novakid 1 hours due to well apex have fur, Novakid are plasma gas insided their membranes, which will be can't warmer longer.
    Starvation effect:
    • Florans, Gltiches and Novakid can handle more diverse foods such as rotten, raw, cooked, or even other race meat.
    • Human, Avian, Apex, can only handle raw or cooked meat but can cannibalize another race.
    • Hylotl normally only eat vegetation, but suffer mortality problems if they eat meat. Kind of makes sense. Floran's can be cannibalized for plant matter for hylotl's but again morality problems.
    • No one can eat glitches, but glitches can cannibalize other glitches for parts.
    EVERYONE NEED WATERS!!!! If it is cold enough for snow to be present, then it is cold enough for hypothermia. Since any volume of snow is mostly air, this means you’d need to eat about ten quarts of snow to yield one quart of water in your belly. Forget about brain freeze—this is core freeze! If you’re dehydrated in cold conditions with snow, find a way to liquefy the snow outside your body. Melt it with fire. Place it in a black container in the sun to absorb solar heat. Do anything other than eating it to melt it.

This is survival, but survival in extreme cold, not I have the best character EVER situation! Those Mary sues are getting really really really old. Anyone is more then willing to flame me but before you do, look up actual survival basics in cold in google, you will be surprised.

Again these are just my thoughts and really when it comes to survival it is just one of my ticks, the can grade on my ear nubs
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434396024][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I commend @BalrogTheGreat , @Dark Lord Stan , @FoRgE , @Gustwood , @Node , @Optimism , @solaruin and @Tallen for this event, cause the could of chosen any other environment to do this in but choose probably the worse out of all of them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434396802][/DOUBLEPOST]Also where did the tent come from?

19. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Glitch can't eat glitch...
    Glitch can survive most levels of cold, though arctic may be problematic, but they're certainly more durable to it than the other races.
    Florans can deal with cold as well as any human, it's drought that is ultimately an issue.
    Hylotl are used to living under water, so they're always ill-equiped to handle land based survival situations.

Edit: Glitch /can/ however use parts of other glitch, if their own parts are damaged. For instance, if a Glitch's arm is crushed in a crash, and there's a glitch corpse, whose head is crushed, you can use that one's arm to replace it.

Other than that i agree with most of this.

20. Yotan

Yotan New Member

What about extreme cold, that is what they are dealing with. So floran internally produce heat?