1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Siru Scaraba - Faction Interest Check

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Shag, May 14, 2015.

1. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

[​IMG]
    The Faction and what it is:

This faction, which will be known as Siru Scaraba, is a group which will take on the recycling and salvaging trade, along with some other shadier works, such as the production and marketing of drugs. Siru Scaraba is an attempt to create a chaotic neutral faction which will most likely not ally with any other Factions, and could possibly even be a thorn on their side, since they are also capable of following those who could employ them as mercenaries. The Siru Scaraba's purpose is to scour Antares for its unknown riches and profit from them. They claim ship crash sites, desolated colonies and abandoned mineral/oil extraction sites as theirs, and will attack without notice anyone who is found in these sites without authorization, regardless of their intent, affiliation or gender. They do not give second chances, anyone who manages to escape will not be allowed in Siru Scaraba's territory, at all. These individuals however, will not be hunted down, and will not be killed long as they don't set one foot in their territory.

The Siru Scaraba will try to steer clear of any factions, though it will engage them if need be. They are not out to rob freely or kill people at will, rather they're a misfit group of shady individuals that mostly keep to themselves (except for business) and will surely not attack any colonies unless completely and utterly necessary. So they're not and will not be like the Outcasts.

TL;DR
    Siru Scaraba steals, cheats, kills and salvages. All with reason and moderation.

Method of Gaining Income:

The Siru Scaraba recieve their income by recycling scrap they scavenge and reselling working machinery they salvage at prices below that of the sectoral market's. Anyone can buy from Siru Scaraba so long as they're not wanted in their territory. They also gain income through the sale of (probably illegal) drugs they manage to manufacture or salvage/pillage from hospitals, clinics, medicenters or pharmacies. The Siru Scaraba will start with a relatively small (compared to most factions) amount of money (around 25,000 pixels) which it will use to create and/or buy equipment for salvaging, repairing and construction.

TL;DR
    Sell salvage and drugs.

Plans for the Faction and Events:

To be honest, I haven't though up what exactly will Siru Scaraba develop into. It could develop into one of the major players in Antares, rivalling the Dionea Tribe and maybe at some point USAF. It could eventually turn into a good faction that stops selling drugs and eventually tries to uphold the law (which would be eh meh schmeh in my opinion), or it could turn into an evil faction which will try to gain profits in any way possible. Or it could be destroyed in a faction war. Whatever it is, I don't exactly plan such things because in my opinion, it limits the possibilities of RP and takes away the suspense, thrill, fun and surprises out of it.

As for events, most of them will be public. These events will usually include a GM. They range from simple extermination of hostiles, to massive salvage runs, to roleplay story arcs that will most likely include data recovery and analysis and tracing.

TL;DR
    No definite plans, and most events will be public.

So, who's up for this idea?

NEW CONTENT
    On the topic of income for players that join this Faction:

Characters do not have a fixed income rate, instead, they'll be rewarded through a commission system in which they are given 'shares' due to the fact that since our Faction does not have a steady or constant stream of income, they must actually move out and work to survive. Shares are the recovered loot, be it precious metals, salvaged machinery, scrap metal, food, clothes, etc. Shares are divided amongst those who participate our events, and depending on what's to be taken, they'll receive a part of that. Those who participate the most and prove to be more useful receive more shares than those which participate very little. This is designed to foster a sense of competition inside Scaraba.

For example: 5 Characters manage to save a crate full of gold and silver bullions. 2 of these characters went through the trouble of discovering the site of the crate and killed those guarding the crate while the other 3 simply tagged along and let these 2 characters deal with the heavy duty while recovering the crate. Once they return to our headquarters, 50% of the recovered loot with be given to the 2 characters and the rest will be divided on the other 3.

That aside, when we sell salvage and scrap, everyone receives an equal amount of money.
    The shares system only applies to events.

[EDIT] - 5/16/15
    The leader of Siru Scaraba always receives 1 share from every successful mission. Even if he does not attend. This is considered a tribute for leading them.

NEW CONTENT - 5/16/15
    The Way We Run Our Place

I'm thinking about making Siru Scaraba a more open yet shady faction. Rather than to scare people away with our shady characteristics, we welcome people to come, trade, have a drink and maybe contract our services, in full privacy and confidentiality. Relatively at least. Siru Scaraba owned territories will have no set laws, except for the obvious unspoken one: Don't try anything with the faction that runs the place. This means that anyone in our grounds can do whatever it is they want, if it does not directly or indirectly affect Siru Scaraba. You can cheat, you can steal, you can get stoned, you can be a cannibal, you can eat other sentient races, you can look for a job, you can do whatever, but it'll cost you. If people don't like you and don't like what you do, they can beat you up without a problem. Siru Scaraba won't lift a finger to help unless they're paid for your protection (or one of us feels sorry for your bruised butt), regardless if you're an ally of ours or not.

This doesn't mean that as soon as you enter our owned territory, you automatically consent to death.

This means that if you want some spiced up RP and want to be a rowdy drunken customer who starts a barfight, you're more than welcome to. Nobody'll stop you.

Whether it is to sell drugs, put a hit on someone, or just meet up with a certain someone, Siru Scaraba's territory is your place to do it.

NEW CONTENT - 5/16/15

How do I join?

Siru Scaraba's method of joining is not the same as other factions or colonies. There will be no application form. Yakim (the leader) doesn't care who you are, where you come from, what you do or what are your set principles. If you are a heartless son of a birb, and can do your job well, then welcome to the team.

In order to recruit members, Yakim will once in a while sit around on a bar in front of a desk, advertising Siru Scaraba. You can also come to him as ask him if you can join. There are, though. a few requirements in order to join.
    • First, you need to be able to hold your own. If you can't be of use in Siru Scaraba, you'll be left behind and eventually bite the dust. Our own members might turn on you if they think you are weak. This is not to discourage any players who would wish to develop their greenhorns through harsh conditioning and training. This is to weed out characters who are dead set to stay in their crybaby, please-take-care-of-me phase. Almost no one in Siru Scaraba will be there to hold your hand.
    • Second, you gotta pay around 50 to 200 pixels to join. Why you ask? Well, like I explained before, Siru Scaraba doesn't have a set, stable stream of income. We gotta build capital. However, you will be assured, ICly, and OOCly, that you will regain that amount of money. Remember, most of us will be shady characters in it for the money, and the fact that we can't get a job because of our criminal record. Capisce?
    • Third, if you can't hold a gun to a person's face and pull the trigger, then you most likely aren't fit to join our team. Unless you're a nerd who is able to make drugs or pull out bullets and stitch up some cuts, or be a techie. Then you're welcome to join Siru Scaraba.
    • Fourth, if your character has morals and principles regarding killing/stealing or that sort of thing, and joins without telling anyone about it until we're about to pull the trigger on some schmuck, expect to get your head blown off along with said schmuck (Or just beaten up and left behind). Siru Scaraba does not joke around.

If you have any ideas, concerns or problems with the way this works, please voice them, I'll try to respond to each one of these.

#1 Shag, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

I am all for this. I have a smuggler character that I never get to do any real smuggling or illicit trading with, and I really want to be able to do to that. Count me in!

3. Tazerok

Tazerok New Member

I'm down. I do have a thief/scavenger character, but he has a strict code of no killing, so I think I might roll up a new one.

#3 Tazerok, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  4. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

This would be really cool I might make a character that's a smuggler/ transporter for something like this

5. Shag

Neato! Three people already. Seems like this'll work. But before that I'll have to organize a lot of stuff and build a lot of places for scavenging and salvaging.

6. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

yeh

7. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

I enjoy building let me know if you need any help

8. Wreth

Wreth New Member

It's more fun to actually salvage things that you don't come up with yourself. And you can't be accused of asspulling that way. There will also be conflict with other factions when you do that. Like if you ever go to a distress signal, there is often a crashed ship to salvage. That's how Dionaea Tribe got most of its tech.

I run a faction that has no manufacturing capabilities whatsoever and salvaging 100% of your tech is fun, because you never know what you are going to find, and you have to limit what you have and what you build based on what you have actually roleplayed salvaging.

9. Shag

You bring up a good point Wreth, but this is why I'm making most of the events public, so even people/factions outside Siru Scaraba get a chance to get their hands on the goodies, maybe even before them.

While distress signals often lead you to areas with salvageable material and such, they're becoming more and more rare lately. These events will not happen every day either, and another reason to create them myself is just because I don't want to wait for other people to come up with something that might not even work. As stated above in the thread, this is an attempt to take matters into my own hands and try to provide a constant stream of fun and interactive RP. I don't like having to loiter all day around a bar doing nothing, or keeping my members sitting over their hands.

10. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

This could easily be a way for Steven and Allen to get back together.
    And live happily ever after once more.
    In love.

11. Shag

Bump-a-bump. New content added.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431802106][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump again! More content!

12. Shag

We got our own forum!

Siru Scaraba | Antares

To those who have already contacted me and gotten hooked up ICly, send me a PM or just type down here who you are so I can start listing people on a roster.