1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Katune Security

Discussion in 'Archives' started by EyesofMarch, May 5, 2015.

1. Solour

Solour a dad

How to not run security, starting with:

2. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Will these cameras be placed within private property, I.E. appartments? I'm HOPING I know the answer, but I figured I'd ask.

#22 Mazékial, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  3. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ Hilarious. Katune's security being ran by that floran, is like having a Novakid running an archive. I have been to Katune, it is not the most desirable place to be. It lack even the more basic courtesy of hylotlity, humanity, avianity, or even apexity. The lack of security that has been plaguing that colony is at fault here. With that being said. Placing a the floran named Hakachi'Nija incharge is not the wisest of idea by the glitch running the colony. Hell I would rather see Nurora Stab-Dancer in-charge then Hakachi'Nija. Which bring even further comedy as they are in the same tribe. However there is good reason for Hakachi'Nija not to be in-charge of security.

Hakachi'Hija has been in many issue resulting in death of individuals, such as:
    • The Colony of Death = Katune - While acquitted of any pending charges the mere site of Hakachi'Nija killed this individual.
    • Savage Floran Attack on Katune! - Hakachi'Nija was part of a news worthy Floran savagary scandal, that was never resolved at least to my knowledge.
    • StarNet: Obituaries - Sharpgore - Confirmed Deceased Status: Confirmed. Sharpgore was killed in combat by Hakachi'Nija. His upper body detonated from an explosive that had been implanted into his chest. Origins of the bomb are unknown.
    • Justice - Hakachi'Nija claims the following:

Those are only examples of what has been reported. Statistically I am sure that Hakachi'Nija personal character has been involved in many more killings that were not reported, has her personality warrants the chances to killed and giving her a high position to do it. Only allows the killings to become more and more frequent, all under the vale of justice. I personally petty the colony and it residences.

#23 Yotan, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  4. Therinfluffs

Therinfluffs New Member

What I find confusing is the inclusion of cameras in a colony with absolutely no written laws for Theft, extortion, bribery, etc. Are these simply there to find out whose punching who?

5. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ I would certainly hope not. However I do agree that there should be such laws that you had mentioned.

6. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

The time visitors and strangers start to question the highlighted areas of Katune that surface through reports. They tend to oversee the deeper concern, working for security to make sure the planet you want to call home be kept safe requires a lot of time investment, training and ofcourse combat with those who wish it harm.

I am under the impression that these security cameras are there to find instigators of crime or those who commit them. While a more on-planetary security force is required, it is up to the citizens and the visitors to abide by their laws. It is of their choosing to agitate or become aggressors.

People themselves have control of their actions, but impulses given by others may influence these people. Floran are known to have often volatile state of minds and when triggered correctly through harsh insults or threats. It will make them forget all they have learned to suppress it.

Everyone needs to stop pointing fingers and accept that as Katune becomes more popular, the crime rate goes up. These cameras are a measure to prevent Katune becoming a lawless place. Because if Katune is gone, what else can be called a somewhat safe haven?

[email protected]

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ An old human phrase from days long past stated the following: "My dear brethren, do not ever forget, when you hear the progress of lights praised, that the loveliest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist!"

8. Optimism

Optimism Guest

This comes off as a wordy way of saying we should do nothing and expect all will turn out for the best in spite of everything that says otherwise. Blind optimism would be a good description, with a beginning reiteration of a system that works in theory but hasn't functioned in reality for Katune.

-Turavis-