1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Traditional Hylotl Colony

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Toadkid1234, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I want the community opinion on this.

So, Ray came back from his many years doing science stuff. In retiring, a load of money has fallen into his hands. He's grown tired of boring old white walls, and feels the need to return to harmony with nature and stuff, AKA traditional hylotl environment.

At first I was considering just building some massive mansion-estate thing for him to live in with his wife, maybe throw a few parties, etc. but the idea came into my head. If it's gonna be so big, why not make it a colony? Give other hylotl, or anyone seeking to live in such an environment, a chance to harmonize with nature and all that zen stuff.

The idea is still in its embryonic stage, and I haven't started actually building yet, so I'm definitely open to any suggestions and opinions. If no one cares, I'll just build him a house. If there's enough support maybe I'll prepare for a colony. What do YOU think? Yes, you, specifically.

2. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

seaguard dissapproves.
    but i approve. +1

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

In addition, not only do I need people who think it's neat, I need to make sure there is demand. Would people come to such a place? Would people live there? Etc.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

People going there will sadly always depend on if there is people already there. Its a vicious cycle.

5. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

I like the idea. What'd be cool to see is a sprawling zen-peaceful-hylotl traditional colony, with hi-tech science laboratories underground or something. Just trying to add on ideas. But yeah, definitely a +1 on this.

6. Invalid Username

Invalid Username Representative

Yes, I would like this. I have a Hylotl I barely use because nobody plays them 'right'.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Probably going to make it an unofficial thing, some sort of hybrid. *Shrugs* Glad to see some positive feedback, and suggestions are always welcome!

8. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Eh, I'd be willing to go if there were something to do in the colony other than just Bar RP. Because that is basically what every colony is about. Come up with something original other than just Hylotl Colony that'll make people go wowzers when they see your colony. Like underwater aquafarms and maybe events with big-ass fish resembling dinosaurs. Like a safari, except underwater.

9. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Sounds like someone misses Katiko =P

[/shamelessinsidejoke]

10. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

All of my yes, we need more variety in colones and if you were to add some unique attractions to the colony that would make people come there for things that aren't barp then it could possibly be a huge succes.

I dunno, maybe ICly visit some veteran characters and make them write down their knowledge of the history of the sector, and make some sort of archive/library on the history of Antares, which people can look into.

11. Olivia

Olivia New Member

yassssss

12. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Well, since people are actually being serrious...as long as it's:

1. Not on ANOTHER FRICKIN' OCEAN PLANET *coughKatuneNewerGumcough*

2. Not on a forest planet *coughJustAboutEveryoneElseExceptFreezercough*

and 3. Has something in place of a bar that is more interesting than another damned bar. Do something like the Wolves' Den from Antares Past, where it felt to me more like a hang out place with an optional bar in the back corner to pick up drinks then move, as opposed to a Bar bar where people just sit around, drink, and mingle with the bartender if there is one. Also minus the whole "HQ For a Band of Chaotic Neutral Rogues" thing as far as Wolves' Den goes.

13. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

You're asking for Bar RP minus the alcohol which is basically the same thing.

14. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I don't think we need more colonies considering how many we have already and how many are currently in the works. But the ideas good.

15. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

No!

...Ok, yeah, maybe I am. I guess I'm just sick of bars in general and want some other public venue to waste time in a corner in.

But that's only one point, anyway. The other two are legitimate demands/requests.

16. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I would do this but that takes a lot of time, which is not in plentiful supply for me right now.
    1) Its a hylotl colony, it probably should. But, I'll consider.
    2) Forest planets and ocean worlds are the only places people would logically settle, especially a hylotl. If you have another idea, go ahead.
    3) Idk
    I had considered this after posting and learning that one guy was planning on making a colony similar to mine.

My conclusion:

I appreciate all your enthusiasm, for those of you who are enthused, but I have decided this will not be a public thingy, at least for now. Might host an event or two, maybe allow a few people to share the planet, but probably not going to make it a Katune 2.0. Thank you again for all your ideas. If you are particularly keen on being involved with this somehow, let me know privately and I'll see what I can do.

17. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Well with Asani, one of my favorite colonies aside from Alioth Prime, Smoke used to go and have walks around the colonies because they were just so beautiful.