1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Funerary Rites: Gustwood and Óðinn

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Tallen, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Tallen

Tallen New Member

It is with a heavy heart that I must say Gustwood the Avian and Óðinn the Glitch have passed away last night.

They were killed in an attempt to mount a rescue operation of a number of Grounded (non-religious) villagers from a group of militant Flightless (religious). The operation was successful - they group managed to save four Grounded villagers before the Flightless escaped.

Gustwood will be buried in a lush world as requested. Óðinn's beliefs mean he must be burned with his belongings in a funerary pyre.

Their funerary rites will be done this afternoon ((7PM EST)). It will be announced over the radio for those who wish to participate - you may message me at [email protected] before this time or via a private radio message at the time of the burial.

Thank-you for your attention. May light shine your flight and shadows guard you.

- Glauen.

#1 Tallen, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  2. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

What..? Gust is dead? Fucking hell...

-Glethin

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

The rabbit who attacks the hawk is liable to be eaten. May they both be judged justly for their impertinence.

Praise Kluex,
    Ashenwing

4. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Greeeeeaaaaaat. Religious persecution. And here I was thinking that only humans were that narrow and trigger-happy. Glad to see there's no racial discrimination!

On a more serious note, I didn't know Gustwood too well personally, but I saw him a lot in Katune. I sympathize with anyone who was close to him. Loss is not a foreign concept to me.

I will make every effort to attend the funeral as long as neither my ship nor my new cat decide to be a pain in my rectum.

5. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Logged in as SweetKrystal

This is sad, it was quit unexpected to see the Holy Fleet here in Antares. Their death are depressing, but Gust's punishment was fair.
    I hope he is better where he is now. May Kluex pardon him.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I will be attending. It is the very least I can do, to see off his journey to the Aether.

-ZD

7. Optimism

Optimism Guest

This is disturbing. However, if Flightless were also felled in this conflict, it is my hope their bodies will be put to rest properly as well.

-Turavis-

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I hold no contempt for the Flightless assailants... I too, would like to see them properly put to rest...
    -ZD

9. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I hope to be able to attend the funeral, if I'm not kept in bed via injuries... I'm sorry for the loss of two grounded.

R.C.

10. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

They will be buried beneath statues of the rabbit amid the souls that they condemned to death. I would say it is a fitting end.

-Alo

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Alo. We understand your anger. But please, be respectful. Even the people who've committed evil deeds have families. They are someone's sons. Someone's daughters.
    -ZD

12. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

And now they are dead. After slaughtering a village of innocent people and killing mine. I have no pity or sympathy to waste on such filth. I hope they find nothing but torment in the next life. And I will do my best to see that their accomplices have torment in this one.
    -Alo

13. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

I can understand the feeling, but tell me: does that truly make you any better that the Flightless?

Violence will only breed more violence, which means more graves and more people swearing vengeance upon those who put people in said graves. Will continuing that cycle really make any difference? Is that not ultimately how the conflict between the Grounded and Flightless--nay the nature of conflict itself came about in the first place?

14. Tallen

Tallen New Member

They burned a village full of innocent Grounded.

For being Grounded. Not out of revenge. For being who they were.

You do not know our history, human. The conflict did not spark out of violence. It sparked from belief.

We wish to be left alone. They have proven it is not enough.

Shall we stand idly as they burn yet another village?

- Glauen.

15. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

USERNAME: Hakachi'Nija

Hakachi saw ashenwing avian. Was flightless at the funeral. Hakachi hopes that grounded will standfast against flightless and hakachi pledge to help grounded! Many grounded are Hakachis friends. Hakachi wants to help and make sure more grounded do not die by flightless!

16. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Glauen said it well. When you watch a village of of your people burn around their massacred bodies, you tell me that we should hold hands and sing hymns with our Flightless brethren. This isn't just about revenge, either. This is about safety. One day that village will be ours, and then what? We invite them in for food and drink?

No. We have to be ready to strike back, to send a message. The Flightless are not welcome here anymore, and they should go back to Avos while they still have it.

-Alo

17. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yet people wonder why I be a pirate.
    -Raideck

18. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I'm no Avian, but this is a pushing issue. Dear Lord above, end the conflict.
    Grounded wish to live their lives, free of anything, and the Flightless come and shit on that.

-Dynyl

19. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I am terribly sorry I wasn't able to attend the funeral. May their souls rest in peace in the Aether.
    -Veon

20. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

I was tending an Apex during the time of the funeral, I apologize for not being able to attend.

I hope their spirits rest easy in the aether. Rest in peace.

-Kidei