1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

After-life.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tatsumi, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

I want to make a planet that's half heaven and half hell, where only deceased characters can go. Nothing done there will affect RP in the server, it could basically be considered OOC in that sense. Alive players cant go there IC, and it'll basically just be a place for the dead to mingle and drink some spirit booze.
    Would this be against the rules, and if not would anyone be interested in visiting?

2. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

ALSO, if this is approved would anyone be willing to help me build it? I have a few people I can get to join me but I'd like as many as possible.

3. Foray

Foray New Member

I think it being 'heaven' and 'hell' is probably too into religion bits.
    I'd suggest making it 'limbo' instead.

4. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

Has my support if an alive character can "visit" it while bombed out of his/her skull, mostly for flashbacks of deceased comrades/loved ones.

5. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

YES< YES< A THOUSAND TIMES YES

View attachment 3605

Edit: Ok, so heres some ideas. Have a planet, where ICly the atmosphere is alcohol, or Narcotics. That way, most people would just call it a bad trip, if they're still alive.

Attached Files:

#5 Fiery Wither Rose, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  6. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

I think this would be an amazing idea.

I mean, we don't have to get into any religous aspect, could simply be a planet, or system where the dead can interact and mingle.

Perhaps a sort of mix of various afterlives.

Live in peace your thing? cool.

Endless sparring with fellow warriors? also cool.

It might also solve some of the problems of nobody ever wanting to have their character die.

I really see no downsides to this.

I see potential for interactions for all varieties of characters.
    Conflict, would both be a thing, and not a thing.
    The people there are already dead, and as such would likely be hard to seriously injure.
    [imagine otherworld, ala DBZ]

The dead could also have plenty of conversations between each other. Bonus points if they are from different eras of antares.

However, being that this very much crosses some boundaries that aren't actually represented, it's something that would require staff approval, and I hope they agree it would be quite interesting to see.

I'm actually surprised none of us ever thought about it before.

#6 Malachar, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  7. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

Call it Valhalla and I'll be sold.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I love the idea. BRB killing bird

9. Solour

Solour a dad

this honestly doesn't sound that bad
    we dbz now

[​IMG]

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

As a strictly non-canon idea, it's fine. My issue however is splitting peoples focus further. We already have factions and colonies that often times split people apart in roleplay, now we want to cut a section off for people to play dead character too. Seems a bit much.

11. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

People will always be split up to some degree, as ideas and places wax and wane. Good to know the concept seem to be generally approved though.

12. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It wouldn't be canon if made.

13. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Absolutely not-canon. It would basically invalidate about 90% of the species' religious views on the afterlife. This could certainly work as a nostalgia moment, or something more ethereal, or just a "what-if" moment. I have a number of deceased characters from backstories who I would find awesome to bring like this. RP is about having fun and writing a story together - this allows us all to have fun and develop some more ideas at the same time in which it removes some of the sting of a character dying.

One step further? Initially completely barren. Characters come and their own thoughts and experiences in life would give shape to the afterlife. A Glitch who has fond memories of his village might rebuild his home. An avian who used to guard a tomb would imagine it and materialize it. A human who died captive by Florans would find himself terrified in their prison. This allows everyone to pitch in - and making the planet a "patchwork" kind of thing would make it absolutely insane.

Make it all strange and ethereal. Grand staircases suddenly stop mid-air. Put it in an asteroid field but no obvious means of breathing in space. Setpieces floating around, chunks of them just lazily strolling by in mid-air. Just a segment of an Apex research lab with hallways that lead nowhere, or to other places entirely like a Hylotl home. The more confusing and convoluted the layout the better.

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'm not comfortable with the idea of spending so much time, energy, and thought on a non-canonical environment. I don't think this should be made. I think it would only distract from more meaningful roleplay.

15. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

So, it's approved but looked down upon by you Kaz?
    I really like that everyone else is showing support, and all the ideas are good.
    I like Tallens idea and I think I'll go with it while mixing it with the whole "visit IC but everything that happens there stays there because you're on a trip etc etc." and I'd like to cover the surface in cloud, as the base for being barren. Then everyone could come in and build as they please.
    But to address the issues, I really don't see it as being booming or being that distracting, I doubt a lot of people are going to want to spend time doing something that doesn't progress their character. I'd guess no more than 10-15 people will actually go there on occasion, but hey I could be wrong.

Anyway I'll find a good planet, cover it in clouds, and post the coords for everyone to build as they please.
    That sound good to everyone who's interested? If not give more ideas.

16. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Sounds like a waste of time to me. There isn't really any meaningful development that can come from this, but then again we're doing this to have fun I guess. Personally don't like it but "yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man."

17. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

Mhm, "I doubt a lot of people are going to want to spend time doing something that doesn't progress their character."
    Anyway for those who are interested the coordinates are X:-669 Y:666 I. Didn't do this to be edgy, just really couldn't think of any other digits to represent the afterlife.
    Currently covering the surface in clouds, feel free to help or build onto what I've already laid down.

18. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

Also the main reason I wanna do this is because I'd really like to meet some dead characters and hear about their backstories and how they died, that stuffs more interesting than bar RP for me.

19. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Dead people bar roleplay?

20. Tatsumi

Tatsumi New Member

No no I mean normal bar RP like on Katune.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.