1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What's your purpose?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OminousMushroom, Mar 31, 2015.

1. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

What's my purpose? That's an easy one, don't die and make sure my friends stay in the land of the living.
    -Reed

2. Andromeda-SB

Andromeda-SB New Member

USERNAME: CORDELIA
    ---
    To honor the fallen, bury the dead, and protect the living.
    P.S. Stop killing one another because I've had to bury another three this week. Sheesh.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Do what I can to improve the lives of those around me. Corny, I know, but... yeah.

-AruanaBeluga

4. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

> Logged in as Sol
    >
    > My purpose... good question - I'm not too sure, yet.

5. Chance Handri

Chance Handri The DarkDork

Purpose?

Well, keeping my friends and loved ones alive is key.
    My purpose is too make a mark on this world. Preferably a good one. I don't know how, but I want to make sure I leave my brand stamped all over this universe. My purpose is to not die in vain.

-Marx

#25 Chance Handri, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  6. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Redemption.

-Greg

7. JunoStriker

JunoStriker New Member

To keep my culture alive, first and foremost. Hopefully find other humans like me to share the burden with. Otherwise, start a family and pass on the culture.

Have to say, though, it's anything but easy.

- Yaakova

8. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

I want to break the will of those who did not let do what i wanted, i want to experience others way with life, i want to enlighten myself and enlighten those other that wish to share their time with me.

Ryoku

9. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

I was drawn to this post for some reason. I think it's called "boredom" or something like that. Anyways, for the sake of communicating to a wide audience and dodging hate-mail and pointless death threats, I'll skip the theological bits.

My purpose, as I understand it today, is to be a light in darkness (and trust me, there's a lot of darkness if you travel too far away from stars). I want to be known as someone who actually gives a crap about the direction this galaxy is headed, and someone who is willing to help if there's a need. Someone knowledgeable enough to give people the big picture that so often is neglected by people who would rather be picky about a smudge on the corner of the canvas that the artist put in on purpose. Someone who can make sense of confusion.

Oh, and someone who isn't just a dull monotoned asshead that speaks poetic paragraphical crap about peace and happiness all the time. Those guys are total morons. Don't be afraid to smile and laugh, people! At least 65% of life is just a joke whose punchline is probably going over your head.

10. Xenos

Xenos New Member

What is my goal? I don't really know.
    I've done a lot of wandering to try to find a purpose... It hasn't really worked yet.

Not entirely... But I have an idea.
    All the people around here, so hurt, so broken, that they think the only way out is through death, be it theirs, or another's. All of the people here who are sick, wounded, needing help, but finding no asylum. The lost, the weary, who want nothing more than to have a home to return to, to have someone to hold them tight, to tell them that they are loved...
    The soldiers, the men and women, forced to stay strong where others can't, forced to endure things that would make most people crumble. Those who stand up for the weak, who shelter and protect those who cannot do the same for themselves.
    And the colony leaders, who bear the weight of thousands of lives on their shoulders.
    All these people, each with their own needs, their own shortcomings and triumphs...
    And then, there's me. A broken girl, left adrift in space, nothing but a VI, a harp, and a few modifications to her name...
    I've seen things. I've seen the worst of humanity, in those who stole my childhood from me in the name of "science", but I've seen the best of humanity, too. A Hylotl girl, who stands strong, despite her suffering, despite never experiencing the things that we, free of her skintight prison, take for granted every day. An Avian man, who, despite his dark past, found it in his heart to take me into his home. Both of these people did.
    And the USAF, who, along with the girl and the man, give me a reason to keep going.
    So, what is my purpose? I don't know...
    But I'll keep going on, and playing my harp.
    Bringing what peace I've found to everyone else...
    Until Adonai calls me to some other destiny... Or calls me home.

11. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

>Co3+

>>Blend in to human society with sisters. Eliminate biological females. Never produce offspring. Slay humanity.
    >>I do have to thank the stars that the plan failed. Being a tool for destruction with no free will sounded unpleasant.

12. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. Wombat

Wombat Guest

[Starswimmer]

To create art