1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Social Forums future.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Hey everybody. There has been some internal debate among the staff about the new social forum, as well among you players ( http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/separate-colony-forum.8661/ ). Since the social forums are a large part of community, consisting of colonies and factions, we'd like your general input on what you like, dislike, and would like to see out of the social forums on our end of things.

In the past, colonies and factions had been tightly regulated. It was a long drawn out process of contacting staff, getting X number of people to approve the concept (or working to help a player to tweek it) before giving the thumbs up. From there it was a wait until everything was set up and launched.

The new system is obviously very streamlined in terms of accessibility, but is cluttered and has little to no quality control upfront.

I look forward to seeing what you folks have to say, and hopefully we will get the social forums to a place where everyone wants them to be soon.

2. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

Perusing the new set-up;
    I actually quite like it.
    Quick and easy to access, takes alot of backend out of the process.
    Quality control is a concern, but;
    Forum moderation. If a trouble weed comes up, can give it a spritz and iron out issues with a faction pretty easily.

3. Yotan

Yotan New Member

From a new player perspective I think there should be a separation between the Colonies and factions. Unless mark it is hard to tell what is what.

4. InvaderCristi

InvaderCristi New Member

[​IMG]
    No seriously though, I don't have a clue, or at least not in this medium I don't.

#4 InvaderCristi, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I agree with most of what was mentioned in the previously discussed topic. A clear separation of factions and colonies is certainly something I support, and will likely be something we act on.

6. hoshiwara.t

hoshiwara.t New Member

If I am not mistaken, colonies are what they are, colonies, a place for people to visit and role play, which is normally controlled by a faction who maintains the colony. There are some factions that do not have a colony of their own and roam throughout Antares in their ships, but they are most likely terrorist or mercenary factions. I am sorry, I feel like I am giving a poor explanation but I hope someone is bound to give you a better definition between the two...

- hoshiwara.t

7. InvaderCristi

InvaderCristi New Member

Thank you! That actually helps out a lot.

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I think it would be best for there to be separate forums for colonies and factions.

9. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Yeah, basically a colony is a location, and a faction is a group of people.

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Social forums have been split.

11. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

Awesome!

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

If you find your colony is in the faction forum or faction in a colony forum, toss me a pm and I will move it to the right place.