1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Rift -Drug

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Chimpowitz, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Slowly, and slowly the room melts away, and a spiral of colors flood into place ((Drezzed)). Your body becomes warm after a while till you realuse your vision starting to come around, you try to mover but you body fights you to the point of losing all mother controls ((Cerebral palsy stage)). Then your awake...

Rift is a high scale designer drug, newly introduced into Atares, by an unknown humanoid named Mr. White. The drug has been popular in other systems, but its quality and purity are nothing compared to this mad mans secret mix.

Its effects cause the user to go through a calm hallucinagetic state ((Drezzed)) were the drug first rushes through the subjects system, and into there heart and brain. The subject is subjected to this for hours at a time, till the drug move through there brain, and into there cerebral cortex. There sight and hearing at this point is restored but motter skills are severely limited ((Cerebral palsy stage)), and the subject movements are that of limited control, to erratic. This last for twenty muinets till the drug passes through to the frontal lobe copying the subjects natural dopamine and replaces it ((Awakening)). This last for forty muinets to two hours till the drug wares out.

Comments use is to escape the world around them, relax, erotic pleasures ((Gigity)), to releavie pain, or suicide.

Short terms affects are as listed:
    Disorientation, vomiting, dieriea, loss of appitiet ((Yes for those crazys who want to loose weight)), mild bleeding of the rectum, and memory loss.

Long term effects may include:
    Depression, anxiety, respatory failure, heart failure, dementia, and EBS ((Exsplosive bowls syndrome)).

The creation prosses gose as so:
    1: Heat up erchius crystals till they start to crack, and break.
    2: Take the breaking crystals, and ground them down into a fine powder.
    3: Once done mix the powder into a heated chamber with the refined acid, and the contents from both blue, and yellow stimpacks ((Strealizing the stim packs original casing, can then be used to hold the later product for use)).
    4: Heat this mixture till it starts to form into a gas ((Suggest you wear a gas mask for this)).
    5: Continue this till the entire mixture turns into a gas, you should also be colecting this gas because this is the final product.
    5: Last cool the gas till it turns to liquid form ((°F 33)) and store into a syringe, or other storage device.
    6: Keep it at this tempature for two weeks, and now its ready for use.
    PS. Keep it cool
    PSS. The purer it is the less chance of bad side affects, and the better the high.
    *will upload a pic of it tomorrow"

2. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think any kind of high is worth having explosive diarrhea or ass bleeding.

3. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Same reasoning, that peapole don't want STD's in protected sex, and allot of drugs can cause both side effects after prolong use.

4. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Lol, you say that but over a million people (an estimate made from the US Alcohol and Drug State Office department) in Russia and other countries take Krokodil. A drug about 10 times more potent than heroin but cheaper, and it eats away your muscle, skin, and organs. The average user has a life expectancy of less than a year.

Then again no one wants to play a druggie who has gastrointestinal problems and does his business in the middle of a conversation.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Challenge accepted.

6. Destroyer713

Destroyer713 New Member

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Question. Being that every race is different minus humans and apex who are relatively similar. How does the drug(s) effect each race? Specially when it come to the difference between physiology of Avian (bird), Human/Apex (Mammals), Floran (plant), Hylotl (amphibian), Novakid (Gasious), Glitch (machines).

This question can also go for the Bliss thread. As while it may give the Avian, Human/Apex, and Hylotl a similar effect of above. For the others it should be different sat for a Floran it could be a downer, to glitches it is an upper, and for Novakid say it may just put them to sleep.

Also any drug prescription or not should have different effect for different physiology. Now I here you say what about the stems, they all effect the character the same. Red heals, blue increase jump, green speed boost, yellow some how makes you glow like a novakid. My theory on this are nano-machines are used with different programing to preform only one function for a short time. They simply get injected spread to where they are suppose too, don't replicate and burn out then eventually will be cleaned out by the body.

8. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

If I'll be honest I'm not sure that injecting and sort of liquid drug into a novakid would do much seeing as they are made of gas. Likewise for glitches far as I'm aware they look pretty metallic I don't really know much about glitches though.

9. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

My guess would be that Novakids would just cause it to evaporate into a gas inside of them, and that could cause problems. Since we don't know anything about Erchius other than it being starship fuel, we couldn't really speculate its effects while also giving a semi-decent scientific explanations, so any special racial effects would have to go unexplained, really.

10. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Like erosion within the Novakid or something. Like how, as someone mentioned before, krokodil erodes muscle and flesh.

11. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Novakid name generation includes moonshine, which implies they drink, which implies they can experience the effects of drugs.

12. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

I would say that nova kids, when the drug is introduced into there body it causes the gases in them to take on a more purpalish hue, and it slowly starts to turn there shell physicly, it would look like the anodyes but on the outside, this would start to restrict there movnments, more and more depending on how often they use till they turn mostly solid, crack and exspel there gasses into the world thus dieing. Won't affect glitch, and floran are immune to its effects.

13. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Hmm... [​IMG] Crystals eh?

14. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

Perhaps that name in question is more literal, could be referring to the actual shine from the moon/moons.

15. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Lol could of named it crystal blue, but nah I just am making a char with that name to introduce this and be the background, enemy of this entire event I'm planing.

16. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I think it's hilarious and very subtle as a background. Just don't play as Mr. White. It's a very easy way of getting reported for selling crystal.

17. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Technicly he's going to be alike to Mr white, but not a carbon copy, and also think he's going to be the end bad guy, that no matter what will allaways have others permission to kill him.

18. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

I think that, judging by the fact that every race is effecting by alcohol (except for Novakids, I still have no fucking idea as to how that would work), Bliss should work on all of them. That was my reasoning.

19. Yotan

Yotan New Member

I would think if the Novakid took them then different chemical make up would cause them issue with the added amount of non-plamsa chemicals. As for alcohol no affecting Novakid is that alcohol base chemical is C2H6O (Ethanol), and ethanol is flammable. Where Crack cocaine has sodium bicarbonate, ammonium bicarbonate, or ammonium carbonate. Which is not the best for fusion in Novakid? Granted then you have methamphetamine, which has methanol, ether, benzene, methylene chloride, trichloroethane, and toluene.

In any case, while I get that you want to keep in it simple. However I think that both Rift and Bliss should have different effect on each race and in some cases. While say Rift has a hallucinogenic state on Human/Apex, a downer for Floran, for Hylotl has a speed, a drunk effect for Novakid, it makes Avian does what bliss does, and for Glitch is puts them to sleep with hallucinogenic dreams. Where as Bliss has a marijuana effect on human/Apex, for Floran has a Rift effect, Hylotl gets a hallucinogenic state, for Novakid it has a tranquilizer effect, Avian causes them to Meth out, finally for Glitch it set them into a complete Bath salt effect.

20. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

We do have to remember that Erchius is a fuel substance once broken down. Maybe when introduced to novakids it has an explosive effect?