1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Screencap Oh Snap!

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello, Antaresians! (Antarans?)

I spent like 10 minutes trying to find a nice rhyme for "Screencap"
    Anyways, some of you may've seen a skype chat screencap going around lately. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, ya' don't really need to worry about it. (Although I'm sure that for the curious bunch, you can find it out there somewhere.)

This screencap depicts me musing over the idea of using a certain technology to cheat on the starbound-server.net leaderboards.
    I didn't actually use this tech or do anything to cheat. All of my votes for the Antares server are legitimate, I promise.

It's important to notice that this screencap doesn't have any dates or times in it. I'd like to point out that the proper date of the screencap is Jan 3rd, around 5-6AM, 2015. That's over a month ago - so whoever leaked the details of the private chat has done so only to personally attack me, and by relation, Antares itself. They aim to paint me as the bad guy. The shady admin. The "do anything to win" man.

That's not me. It used to be, six or so months ago. Yea, some of you probably still remember back then. There's a lot of folks out there who hate me for having been that Kazyyk. I'm still paying for his mistakes - my mistakes - and that's fine, I accept them now as I did back then. However, I am really tired of people trying to sully me and make me out to be this bad guy that I know I'm not. I say a lot of things and I have moments that aren't my best or my proudest - as do we all - and yet, you know, I can't really complain for having them used against me. As an administrator of Antares, I'm being held to a higher standard. It's my duty to set the example and do things right. I don't have the liberty to make jokes about certain things or openly talk about shady topics. It'll all come back to bite me, even months later, as it has now. So I'm sorry for that, for not thinking ahead or clearly, and not withholding myself so that I can be a pure example to inspire others.

I still can't believe I even typed the stuff depicted in the screencap. I don't remember now, but I hope I was joking in some sense back when I wrote it. I vehemently disagree with any form of cheating.

Integrity is important. Honesty is important. Respect is important. These are the values I govern Antares by, and it's my responsibility to live up to them and be as much of an epitome of them as I can be and clearly I have faltered at times.

I want to re-state that these kinds of things are only being brought forth solely for malicious intent. If they truly cared about whether or not I was going to cheat, they would have brought it to the server listing admin's attention immediately and not a month later. I didn't cheat. I've already discussed this with the server listing admin himself and everything's alright. I gave him information so he could check out his website's back-end to see if there was any fraud and he's not going to find any.

Sorry about all the words 'n such. I just wanted to put this matter to rest before it got all out of hand and a bunch of rumors got spread around. It's good just to set the record straight, y'know? Also, I don't do well with condensing my announcements, heh.

2. Solour

Solour a dad

Godspeed, true Patriot. Mistakes are mistakes. Those who dwell on the past, stay in the past.

3. Narfball

Narfball narfball

just tell people to gtfo.

But no, in all seriousness. Don't let it get to you, because that means whomever's being r00d is winning. Keep your head/chin up and all that guru-sounding bad advice.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It's less "getting to me" and more "quelling rumors before they start", y'know?

5. Narfball

Narfball narfball

My point still stands. But I get it.

6. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

#kaz4president2015

I love how our Kobold leader is so transparent and quick to fix things :D

7. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

Screencaps be crap without stats?

Honestly, what people should realize is that ANYONE can mimic a name like Kazyyk on any chat program.. but what is more important is that without date/time stamps, or even IP addresses.. or account names (since you can have a display name separate from your account name on Skype for example), then it is worthless.

Besides, being ever pragmatic, there was a time that I approached the 'starbound-server.net' leaderboard admins, and pointed them to a particular Server that suddenly was gaining an insane amount of votes per day.. like ten times the average for that Server. The staff looked into it the same day and rectified it, confirming that it was indeed shady activity and that they had removed the illegal votes.

If anyone truly did have any concerns, they should report it to the top server list staff, and they will look into it.. and I am certain they will reply.

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I honestly feel like apologizing is just going to make it worse. Like, seriously, you made a mistake and shouldn't have to feel like you're publicly obligated to apologizing to us. You're your own man, you were tempted but didn't do it. Aren't we all? Seriously, I don't think anyone would've judged you.

9. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

it's probably people trying to get back at ya' for doing things, and they're digging deep to get whatever they can dirt-wise on you

pitiful, really, seeing how it's the internet and people shouldn't care about other people after it's done and over with

can't we all be friends?

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I don't think I was even tempted, I was likely just being whimsical or pretending to be a bad guy for fun and amusement.
    I'd love to, but it seems there's some out there who disagree.

11. Narfball

Narfball narfball

kaz isn't anyone's friend kaz hates us all i hate kaz by this logic

that is satire

12. Groggeneral

Groggeneral New Member

Ah well: Nobody goes through the world unblamed.

Making mistakes is not a big thing as long as one takes the responsiblity for them. So I declare Kobold president Respect +1 ;)

13. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

People are always gonna be green-eyed.. As everybody else said, don't let it get to you.
    And f'*k the guy trying to screw up things.. People are always going to be horrible to each other..
    I say Kobold for president.

14. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

If you were cheating, you'd be beating me in server votes and making sure to always "vote" everyday. Tell them to go suck a fuck.

15. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Kaz for overlord.
    All hail Kaz.

16. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

HEILl DER FUHRER UBERMENSCH KAZYYK

*Naz- Antaresian salute*

17. Xeni

Xeni New Member

The only thing I'd hold against Kaz is the Starboundrp rap. Truly vulgar and disgusting illegitimate usage of the title of "music".
    jk seriously kobold overlord best admin.

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Filthy casual..the starbound rp rap is a work of unquestionable art. To speak down upon the rap, even is jest, is a act of foolishness.

19. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

Mr.Kazykk,
    Extremely well articulated, and from the bottom of your heart. Awesome that you're honest, and that you're willing to own up to your mistakes. You're bae, Kazykk

Never forget that.

20. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

You're starting to sound like a broken record, Kaz. More and more shit keeps getting pushed up from the cracks about ya and you continue to apologize and say "I won't do it again. I've changed."