1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Marx's Notes.

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Chance Handri, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Chance Handri

Chance Handri The DarkDork

*A small Notebook carried everywhere by its owner*

Log- 001

Well... I'm not sure how long Ive been in Antares. I probably should have started writing at least some form of documentation earlier. Anyway, strange day. Heres what I believe happened. I believe the day started with a rude awakening from the radio, some squawking about criminal activity or such. When I beamed down into Salazar, I greeted a friend of mine, Bork, a hyotl. He stated something about being tracked by the apex navy, which at first confused me, but then cleared when I remembered him having to deal with some somewhat hazardous cargo, an apex experiment, most likely done on Florans. It had ruined his ship, and now, to the best of my knowledge, the apex military were after him. He rushed off, and not much later a sharply dressed apex made his own visit to Salazar, asking random civilians if they had seen my friend. I immediately walked up to him, claiming that Bork had died in the crash and that looking was no use. Sadly, I may not be the most skilled of Liars. Another friend of mine, Reed, a human doctor currently employed on Resolute, joined me, and together we spat out Lie after Lie, trying to cover up each fresh blunder. After trying everything, including making up a disease coined "Blue ape flu", he left. Maybe he was gone for good, or maybe just too disgusted with our insane lies to continue being in our presence.

A short while after that I met Stab-Dancer, chief of the.. I believe its called Dionea tribe. A group of Florans who I actually hope to join, even if it may obstruct progress on other projects. A Novakid Floran. What a strange idea. Anyway, Met her, and she told me (Strikingly similar to Borks predicament) That she was being hunted by a group of religious aviens, because of her opposition to the religion. I promised to keep an eye out for any kluex fanatics, and went on my way. That was when, as nothing much else was taking place, I buckled down and fixed up my ship, making it look presentable, with a personal living space, a den, a kitchen, storage, a concert hall, and a few other various rooms. Only one space now needs to be completed, and it won't take long. After much, much time spent working, I decided to take a trip to the Kero Kero in search of pie. Sadly, the only people there were staff, who did not seem particularly interested in my being there. I had read that there was a cafe on Resolute (In the Lunar News, Antare's only reliable paper), and thinking maybe I could run into Reed, and get a bite to eat I took off in that direction.

Upon arriving, I realized that there was neither a cafe, nor Reed, just a bar and empty hospital, so I wandered about a bit, seeing what I could see, not wanting to have wasted my precious fuels. I ran into a rather interesting apex, I believe her name was Vivien, though I can't be sure, and we talked for a while, until I set her on a course to Salazar. I then wen't back to Salazar, finding the gun merchant Borris there, with a couple of other random fellows. I hung around for a bit, until I was rather startled by a strange looking Floran. Turned out to be Taifu, the Mayor, in disguise, for a reason I still can't comprehend. We chatted, and Reed showed up sometime in between, until he went off and Vivian arrived. Not much was done, but a few guns were purchased from Borris, and I was awaiting one of my own, until we heard a deafening explosion. Taifu, Koi, and myself rushed over to find Deven Cranko's (A human assigned to fighting the Erchius plague outbreak) Lab completely demolished, with Reed and Deven himself throwing moltiv's onto it. I still don't especially know what was going on. Koi seemed a bit agitated, and Deven was highly injured, but we all marched back to town, and I beamed back up, wrote my first log entry, and will hopefully be going to bed soon.

Notes and Rules- 001

Just because I am a Novakid, does not mean Florans will not try to consume me until I warn them that I am a living time bomb, and one that tastes terrible.

Hot Tubs can be constructed on spacecrafts, with many, many, attempts at plumbing.

#1 Chance Handri, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Chance Handri

Log- 002

Well, Today had nothing special in it. I started off the day by paying a quick visit to Resolute, where I met David, Ayotl, and a floran who I didn't recognize. We spoke a bit about who I believe were the aliens tracking Stab-Dancer, named the holy fleet. The discussion went on for a bit until Ayotl and the floran left, leaving me too a quick chat with David. Soon after I wen't back to Salazar, and entered the bar, meeting Darkwill (A strange floran friend), Bork, and a floran named Deathchaser. We just stayed and talked for a long time, about all sorts of random matters, while none of them, really, mattered. Music was played, a couple meals eaten, and eventually I was left with myself and Deathchaser. I performed with my guitar, and a few vocal songs, and enjoyed some talking, so I suppose I can call her a friend, too. After she left, I heard someone radio about Bork, and his ship, but it was nothing. Then, I beamed up, and wrote this. So, very uneventful, and peaceful. Wonder what tomorrow shall bring.

3. Chance Handri

Log- 003

Another mildly uneventful day, I just sat around for a bit until I decided to throw a party. Bork arrived, along with Reed, and a hyotl named Star-Scale. He was quite kind, and I will make sure to greet him next time we meet. Well, We just fooled around, I gave them a quick tour of my ship, and they seemed pretty approving. They did see my cell, and the skeleton in it. They seemed a bit disturbed, but no comments were passed. Seems my past is catching up to me. Should probably bury that thing. We wen't and saw Reed's ship, which is actually really small. It seemed fully functional, if not a bit rusty. Nice place, but could use some improvement. I might help him with that, if I get the chance. Drawl arrived, and we all just sat around and chatted, enjoying ourselves. So, quaint little evening. It really helped releiving the rising stress of the past week. I must say, those three are probably my closest friends in Antares. It's nice to know there are some people in Antares that are kind and trustworthy. Left me in a great mood that I hope will last.

Notes and Rules- 002

Everyone loves hot tubs. They just do.

Apex have very distinct tastes in parties.

4. Chance Handri

Log- 004

Well, today was fun. I can't remember what I did in the morning. Kinda a blur, actually. At some point, I met up with my friend Deathchaser at the bar in Salazar, and we talked for a bit. Eventually she got hungry, and attempted to pick the lock at the counter. Didn't go so well, so I just took out Maggie and shot the lock off. Well, more like the entire gate. She got her food, but a couple people freaked out. It was kind of illegal. Anyway, they called someone who worked there, and he came in with guns to our heads. In a flash of desperation, I told him I was a repairman and the floran was a friend. He actually let me off the hook after I lied enough! Death Chaser, not so much. Almost everyone in the area came about, and eventually we convinced him to simmer down. So, I have a way with words, I have discovered. This will be good to know for other sticky situations. Anyway, later I hung around resolute for a bit, doing nothing but playing instruments with some Resolute police officer, then took a nap. When I woke up Darkwill was asking for help on her ship, and me, Bork, and a fellow named Cygnus showed up. Instead of building we pretty much just hung around on the massive, and I mean MASSIVE, PLANET SIZED, ship skeleton. It was nice, and I had a good time. This place really can be fantastic when death isn't inches from your face. It really may be my redemption. I started a site to provide information to the public, which is a place to start. I can't say I'm popular though. One question, from Baileaf, one of my kindest floran friends. I answered it, but I must say I was so pressured to provide good service to the first patron, I sounded like a dope. Anyway, that was all. I really am kinda happy.

#4 Chance Handri, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  5. Chance Handri

Log- 005

Well, It has been an exiting day, and a reminder that the place that I live in is not one to be taken lightly. I received my second case to work on, from Matt, and began searching for someone named Julias Mayne at his request. I stopped by the Kero Kero and had a chat with Reed and Bork. Reed was afraid I would be annoyed because of yesterday (Which I had forgotten about) and the fact that he brought a slaver to resolute and played some cruel tricks on the authorities. Hopefully this won't affect his career, and I wish him the best. Bork didn't say much, and was jumpy the whole time as soon as we brought up the apex admiral. We talked for a while until Reed, then Bork left. A human cam and talked to me for a while, asking very strange questions about sleep and dreams. I almost revealed something about the incident, but then caught myself. Instead I told him about A dream I had in which I was wandering through a tiny village, with no people, in a cave underground. He suggested ti wasn't a dream, and maybe it actually happened which deeply disturbed me. Later, I talked to Matt, giving him the report I had on his question. (Matt is the mayor of Salazar, and a good friend) My report had said that the person he was looking of was a builder, and had recently died. I am going to question the source who told me the second fact.Anyway, after that we decided, that due to the fact that Taifu and Zaxx had both been missing for a while, we would institute a new government, of three officials. Logan, Matt, and myself. So, I am now part of Salazars government. Interesting day, I suppose.

May Julias Maybe rest in peace, if he is in fact dead.

6. Chance Handri

Log- 006

This day was a strange one. I beamed down at the Kero-Kero, after screwing around for a bit, in the middle of nowhere. I saw David hanging around with some Hyotl, and greeted him. Walked up to the door, and attempted to gain access, and the guard sounded pretty nervous, so I decided to have a bit of fun. I kinda scared her, acting like I was breaking in, and she left. Needless to say I made about fifty other attempts to get in, which I may include in the Journal later. Anyway, finally got in, after countless tries, and wow was it worth it. Completely empty. I did see the human I talked too last night. It might have even been the person at the door. I'm a bit guilty. After that I went to to talk to David and his "Friend". David was playing piano, in a bit of a terrible sounding way, but I gave him a compliment anyway. His friend was really cool, and some other chick beamed down and joined in. Didn't talk much though. Just wrote in a little notebook. Probably the mute I keep hearing about. They were obviously more then impressed with my keyboard and actually tried to steal it. Well, I think the mute was trying to break it, I can't tell. The Hyotl tackled David, and I eventually had to shoot her off with a paintball gun, before she tickled David to death. Needless to say, my aim was mediocre. I hit David in the chest, the mute in the eye, and the other in the back. She scared the crap out of me saying I drew blood, but then she started pretending to be a zombie. Yeah. That really happened. Unless I dreamed it? The conversation last night fucked up my head. Back to the subject at hand, we played around for quite a while more, zombies and such. It was really childish, and I loved every second. The mute came back later, took my gun, and nailed me in the groin for her eye. That wasn't as fun. She did seem a bit apologetic, but it cleared up. Eventually. Before the day ended I talked to David a bit more, and he gave me the idea of applying for a security job in Vegas. I actually love that idea, might be a good fit for my talents. Also, I love Vegas. Turns out they have Sixty four.. Sixty Four Million pixels in their vault. I made a joke about robbing the place and David freaked out. Guess he really loves his job. Also, that joke was in bad taste. He started on something about woman advice, but then another Hyotl we both knew walked in. Something like Ray Beluga. Weird name, but he's nice enough. Sadly, I had to make an exit there. I planned on talking to David again, but the business that pulled me away was more urgent then expected. Hot tub leaks are hard to fix. Guess woman advice waits till' later. Interesting day, as I said. Till' next time.

7. Chance Handri

Log- 007

Ok. This one may be a bit lengthy. Day started with me beaming down on Salazar, and seeing the crazy hyotl from yesterday. I teased her a bit, (By shooting her in the back with a paintball) and she punched me in the stomach. Yeah. I'm not proud of that. As soon as I got up that guy called Gears, the police officer in Resolute, nailed me with a paintball gun of his own. You know what that means, dear reader. Paintballs flew everywhere, and a glorious paintball fight took place. Reed beamed down, and suddenly Gears pulled a loaded, actual, dangerous fucking gun on him. I pulled my own gun, and a Floran who was watching the chaos pulled one one me. Right up to my head. After a bit of tentative talking, Gears took some shots at Reed and got him in the shoulder. Reed fell off of his perch on one of those little bench things, and he got into some fight with that Floran. The attention was off me, so I walked up to Gears and shot him in the knee. Yep. Just straight down into his knee. He fell, guns fell, and he was out of the fight. I think I saw him crying, though I can't blame him. About that time when Reed dropped a gas bomb. Probably tear gas, but we all pulled on gas masks for the hell of it. Almost everyone on Salazar was watching by now, so I picked up gears and moved him over to the Hospital, as the conflict has slowly dyed down. Some poor alien woman also got hit with the gas, and the Floran took her in. We tried to patch up gears, but he wouldn't let Reed touch him. Eventually the Floran took Gears and the Avien to some asteroid base with an actual med bay, and me and Reed parted ways.

Later, I stopped by the Kero-Kero. First thing I saw was four Florans, looking right at me. A bit of a spook. Luckily, all of them were Dionea. I walked past them after a bit of confusion and chatting, and saw Reed at a table. He didn't look so hot. Blood was dripping from his shoulder. The Florans must've smelt it, and they kinda clustered near the door. Not a good sign. I took Reed up onto the roof, led him up and over the Florans, and we jumped off the building into the water, coming through the back door. Reed beamed up and found a Floran doctor to take care of him, who I later met in more detail. I chatted with the Florans a bit more, they tried to eat an alien, etc. I finally got accepted into the Dionea tribe, even if its just a test run. I wen't over to Reeds shipped and kinda helped the Floran named Grey Moss with Reeds surgery. By "helped" I mean held a light for her. Reed seemed to be fixed up, and I went over to attend a floral feast at the Dioneas tribe world. It was a wild party, and at the end they almost ate the avien there. I got him to run in time, but it was a close call. Later, I hung around with a few of the Dionea, and Grey Moss, who apparently also just joined the tribe showed us her home. It's incredible. Up in a tree, well decorated, I could only dream of living in it. She showed the chief, Stab-Dancer, her lab (Whatever that is. I don't think I wanna find out) and I sat down with a Floran called Petal Dancer for a bit, until she got tired and left. When Grey Moss got back she did something with her mask, apparently changing out medicine to keep herself alive. This prompted her to tell us the entire tale of where she came from, which goes something like this.

She was part of a large flora planet, and her tribe united all of the florals under one, great chief. Eventually, that chief got them access to FTL travel, and they began conquest of other lands. Eventually he died, and was replaced by a much less intelligent Floran who would instead of using the Hit n' Run tactic, linger at the sites of battle. One day, when at their home, strange black ships came to them and released some kind of gas that started killing off her people. She fled in a small ship, took refuge in an abandoned hospital, and treated herself of the sickness with her own medicine she made. She continued to do this and became a doctor, eventually coming to where she was today.

It was an extremely sad story, and I felt pretty bad for her. She seemed not to care much, and even walked me back to the teleport. She was one of the kindest people I have met out here. Keep that in mind. I also told them about my "Condition" of constant forgetfulness. Hell, maybe I'll even tell them where I came from one day. Maybe tomorrow. Who knows.

8. Chance Handri

Log- 008

Ok. Headache. Lots of headache. I'm gonna try to cover what happened last night, but I'm kinda having a hangover. Or something. It hurts like hell. I think it started with me going down to the Kero Kero, and meeting up with David and the crazy hyotl girl, Yukari. I talked to David for a bit, and it looks like unless his boss rejects, I'm getting a job at Vegas, I must say, I'm pretty exited about it. David seemed like he had something to tell me, but Yukari stole my goggles and ran away, underwater. Yes. She jumped into the water. I tried to catch her, but I couldn't, and eventually I think the both of them took off. I took a nap myself, and when I got too the Kero-Kero I met with Reed. We talked some more, and he signed me on for two favors. I gotta find him some med suppliers, and find a buyer for our diamond. He asked to split the winnings from our jewel, but I gave him a quarter more. (Because I am an Angel. Obviously.) He asked about my journal, which led into him asking about my memory loss issues, and eventually I kinda had to tell him where I come from, with the pirates and all. Surprisingly he didn't seem to mind, and he just shrugged it off. He is probably my best friend out here.

Reeds slaver friend Tory showed up, and she wrangled me into some kind of bet after a few racist comments. It was either her guns, or my freedom. I lost, got put up on the market, and then made a second bet. My freedom, or I get beat up. I lost again. Luckily, after she had beaten the living hell out of me, I was set free. Reed fixed me up at the hospital, and apparently people like me more then I thought, because quite a few of them radioed in worried. That was kind of a nice thing to hear, and soon I was better. Reed left and I returned to the Kero-Kero too see bork wondering about why he existed or some other crazy topic. I tried to cheer him up, but he kinda just took off. Later, I got too enjoy some brandy with two kind aliens. One of them was Ziggy, and the other was a quite female with not much of a taste for alcohol. This is where my memory gets a little faded. Well, more then usual. I believe they said they were the delivery people for the meds I was getting for Reed. I think I eventually left, and made some incredibly thick comments on the public radio, before falling asleep. Now it is morning, and that was a crazy ass yesterday.

To-Do List- 001

1. Get Reeds meds before midday (Done)

2. Find a buyer for our diamond.

3. Get my goggles back from Yukari

4. Go in for that Vegas interview

5. Hear what David keeps trying to tell me

6. Get my keyboard back from David

7. Find out what keeps making noises in the cargo hold.

8. Get a better look at this Floran tribe I've joined.

#8 Chance Handri, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  9. Chance Handri

Log- 009

A nice day, pretty simple, not much going on. I asked for fuel on the Radio so I could get my ass out of Resolute, and a nice floran came over to help. We talked for a bit, and for some reason she wanted to see a blue Nonacid. Don't ask why, I don't know. She even offered money over the radio to anyone who would show her. It was pretty surreal. Later I wen't to the Kero for a bit, talked to the floran, some purple harder girl name Yaakov who said she would supply Reed with meds, and a hyotl who looked like an angel. Not as in the attractive context. She literally looked like an angel. It was strange. I made a joke about stealing pie, and it turned out she worked there. (Oops.) She got kinda pissed, but lightened up after I confirmed I was kidding. Yaakov had some crazy glitch on her ship, and I oversaw the process of her fixing the damn thing, with a gun in hand so it didn't kill her. I ended up smashing my guitar over its head, but all was well in the end. I think the Dionea went over to help fix it later in the day. I can't see for the life of me why that would be a good plan, but I suppose Baileaf could make some progress. After a nap I went down to gryphons peak (A newly opened glitch colony), talked with Reed, watched Baileaf poke Bork until he lost his shit, and then left. That was about it.

Important Coordinates- 001

Kero-Kero: X: -75 Y: 95

Resolute: X: 14 Y: 50

10. Chance Handri

Log- 010

Well, I guess something mildly interesting for my first double digit entry. I spent the whole day hanging out at Griffin's Peak (I should record the coordinates, this place is awesome.) At first I just stuck around with David, kinda chatted a little bit as he played piano. I saw the hyotl who kind of looks like Yukari. I think her name is Aqua- something, a few other random people, and the Mute. (I really wanted to nail her with a paintball, but the opportunity never arose) After a while I saw Reed, and we talked for a bit. While I was exploring the Colony, I wandered into the arena (Unknowingly) and accidentally turned off all the lights (Also unknowingly) and because I don't love being in the dark, I ran. Later, a glitch who was sparring while I turned the lights off approached me. I believe his name was John. (Later found out he was the founder and leader of the colony, oops.) He said I had to spend a day in the stocks for property damage because he got scratched up, so with a little quick thinking I challenged him to a duel. Glitch's love duels, and we decided to have an old fashioned fist fight to the first major injury. If I won, freedom and a clear name, and If I lost it was a day in the stocks. We went into the arena, Reed and David came down to watch, and I kicked his mettle ass. He only got one punch in, and the rest was my quick jabs to the face. Clear name, and a little respect. Eventually David and Reed left, so I spent the rest of the night with an avien named Ziggy. I also got hired as a bouncer for Gryphon's Peak (Whatever Bouncer means) so I suppose all in all I did pretty well for myself. I still haven't found a buyer for our diamond, though.

#10 Chance Handri, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  11. Chance Handri

Log- 011

Today was one that I will remember. It started pretty simple, I wen't to gryphons peak. Tory, Reeds friend (Girlfriend) snuck a gun into the place, and there was some action of her paying a fine of two thousand pixels. Thrilling. It really was a shame, I was kinda exited to throw fruit at her, but I guess thats how it goes. I talked with Reed for a while after that, and ra the idea of starting a faction by him. It expanded into an entirely different plan that for the time being should probably not even be written here. Maybe if it actually takes off. I saw bork, and he told me about getting a ship with Dead Hookers in the walls. (What the hell.) He then, abruptly left due to another death hooker situation, which he wouldn't explain. Chatted a bit more with random occupants of the bar, and then suddenly smoke came from where Zig and Baileaf were talking, down in the sauna. Apparently some freak had poured and lit gasoline into there pool. Everyone was running about, trying to figure out the case. Nobody got anywhere with it, and the psycho got away. After a thorough examination, revealing nothing, we just kinda gave up and hung around some more. Then, suddenly, Ziggy texted me about finding the arsonist. I wen't to his location, but had a malfunction and beamed back up. After a hurried fixing of the error, I returned to find that the arsonist had snuck into some tunnels a couple miles west of the city. I ran over, and began exploring the tunnels with Zig, trying to find the arsonist. Eventually Zig gave up because in the earlier fight, he was badly wounded on one leg. I wen't deeper in and finally, deep underground, I met him. We fought, man to man, sword to sword for a couple minutes. He scratched my face pretty bad, but after a few well aimed blows from my scythe I knocked him down. That's about when everyone else arrived. The avien Crim, John, The other glitch, Grey-Moss, Baileaf, some human, and a couple others arrived just as I slammed my scythe into his chest. Mute, who had also arrived, was pretty pissed. I punched the poor guy in the face until he was out cold, and the knights took care of him after that. Grey-Moss patched me up (Should do something to repay her for that) and I spent the rest of the night with one dysfunctional eye, talking to Zig. We did a small investigation of the place where it happened, and some pretty strange things were uncovered. I may write down a full file on this later. Boris also got me new goggles, gloves, pants, and coat. I must say I don't love the look of the pants and goggles (I would never say it to him)) but I can probably get them dyed differently later. Boris really is one of the most helpful and generous folks in Antares. That was my day, and I'll be eager to explore tomorrow, even with one eye. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I asked about becoming a night of the peak, and will look into it further later. I'm getting my payment for the bouncer job tomorrow.

Notes and Rules- 003

Sometimes saving others can actually be it's own reward.

Reed is much shadier then I originally thought.

The knights of Griffins Peak are very easily angered.

12. Chance Handri

Log- 012

Really quick one. Today I took a look around the new colony Katune (-67 45?) and then I went to bed. Eye is healing. Rest helped.

13. Chance Handri

Log- 013

Spent most of the day discussing plans that I would rather not document at the moment with Reed, Bork, and Ziggy. We wen't over that for a while, and later I found a ton of wile animals that followed me into Katune's bar. I talked with zig (We had to murder the animals) and saw a few other novakid, and some hyotl, but really just chatted with Zig a bit, and then fell asleep. A slow day, but not bad. Also, I really need to start making more money. Speaking of which, I'm gonna start keeping my balance in here too.

Funds- 001

2150px
    +500 Courier Job.

#13 Chance Handri, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  14. Chance Handri

Log- 014

I basically spent all day doing business with Reed and Ziggy, so there's not much to write about. I did see Yukari, but just a glimpse. I had an insult trade with Tory, which somehow ended in me taking care of her... Cat? I have to read him world war two novels, which is strange, but whatever. Seems aside from all Tory's psychosis, she's actually pretty nice. I think. Reed and Ziggy seem to be doing well. I learned Ziggy is a thief for a living. He also has two naked aviens on his ship. It was a mildly disturbing. That really concludes the day. Hopefully more action in the future?

15. Chance Handri

Log- 015

Relaxing day. I spent most of it hanging around Katune and sleeping. I saw some criminal at the Inn's bar, (Recognized his face from a bounty on the StarNet) His name was Cole Ombre, but for some reason I didn't feel compelled to try to take him down. After a bit I left, and slept for a bit. I saw Ziggy and Crim a while later, then went to bed.

16. Chance Handri

Log- 016

Well, something interesting happened. Me, Reed, and Zig are building a colony. We started with a wrecked ship I found on an ocean planet. Ziggy tried to fix he massive engine to power the colony, I fixed up a bit and did little repairs. Reed got rid of some creepy freaking furniture that had been decaying inside the bedroom, of which was a small bear plush Reed shot some Rounds into after it freaked him out. That was a laugh. We eventually got it into semi-presentable condition, and Boris installed a security door and fixed the engine. I hired someone to make a few buildings on the neighboring island, and ended up with a badass laboratory. I don't even know how to use any of it. Reed can probably use it as a med bay, or radio station with the high-tech antenna. Its a pretty nice establishment, and I believe were doing well. Cost a bit though. Later, Reed went to get some meds for Resolute, and we all kind of dispersed. Also I found out David has a crush on Lynx, the nonacid. Cute. That's about it, and I hope to make progress tomorrow.

17. Chance Handri

Log- 017

Oops. Forgot to write down yesterdays events. A shame. Not much happened, just some conversing with Ziggy and Bork., so I suppose i isn't too much of a loss. I found and old hood from my pirate days, and a mask from a shady apex vendor. Together they fit well, as the mask creates a strange mouth illusion because of its overlapping my brand. I look like a glitch, and many have mistaken me for one. I even named myself Unit-Six Six Six. I might keep pretending to be a glitch, because it can be kind of fun. Especially the confusion people suffer when my mask comes off. Come to think of it, its pretty similar to what that floran Baileaf was doing. The mask filters my voice into a synthesized mechanical version, which not only acts as a disguise, but honestly sounds godamn intimidating. Anyway, some hyotl pop-star made an appearance on Katune, and the Kero today. I think her name was Aiyko-something. I got her to sign my scythe, more as a joke then anything else. To tell the truth, she kinda caught my fancy. Then again, I think that applied to every one of the sixty faces crowding her. Even if her insane cheeriness, that even rivals my high points, comes close to making my ears bleed, I couldn't help getting a shock. After that I had a talk with Stab-Dancer concerning my loyalty to the tribe. Of course my own alignment comes first, but she must not know. I may not spend much time with the Dionea, but I do find myself enjoying their presence, and I do sincerely hope to help out, and maybe even be accepted as a normal being among them. Later, I talked to an apex named Bubbles. Not her real name of course, but she wasn't willing to say it, so Bubbles it is. We discussed music and apex culture, and I said goodnight and left. It was a strange day, and I now have pink writing on my scythe, but I feel happy. Though, I believe my head wound is starting to have side-effects. Even I can tell my behavior is becoming stranger. I should try to keep it in check.

#17 Chance Handri, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  18. Chance Handri

Log- 018

This ones gonna be a long one. The day started with some guy advertising what he called a "Stimulant" on the radio, though it sounded like a drug. Reed went over to the Katune Cafe to check it out, and since I was already there I went in to watch. It wasn't an injection you jut put it on your skin. I denied my free sample, excuse it wasn't tested on fire people, and I didn't wanna die from some stupid guys chem mistake. the dealers name was Acid (Kind of a red flag) and he wore some weird glasses, and a purple shirt. Reed got all hoppy after taking it, and the, out of nowhere a cop busted in. He thought Reed was high, and that we were dealing drugs, so he arrested the lot of us and took us in for questioning, where he was joined by Cole Ombre, who seemed just as exasperated as we were. (I didn't know cole was an officer) They questioned us, and let Reed and me go. First thing I saw when I got out was the Dionea. At least four of them. Stab-Dancer seemed pretty mad that I got arrested, even if this time at least it wasn't really my fault. Wrong place wrong time scenario. I should stay on her good side too, she's kinda scary. I went and took a nap after that was sorted out, and then had a small chat with some more Dionea. Saw Baileaf again, which was nice. Bork radioed for a doctor, so I took of for katune, where I found that Darkwill had been shot. I later und out that Bork had actually shot her, and from what I could piece together she had reverted to her tribal stat and attacked him. It also seems that her tribal self was in a relationship with petal dancer? Very weird. Me and a ton of other people, including Ziggy, hung around the clinic waiting for results. Seemed she was gonna be ok, and we eventually all drifted away. Later, some Nova approached me and asked if I wanted to help him mug someone, so I play along and follow. Just as we reached the pier, I knocked him out with my gun, hauled him to jail, and set some random fee of fifty thousand for him to pay (And for me to keep) Now that I think of it, it was a pretty dirty trick, but I'm not to guilty about screwing up a criminal. Boris and Ziggy kinda went in and out, and Boris delivered a new PPSH to me. I guarded his cell for a bit longer, then left, to his dismay. Just hung around fro the rest of the night. the mood was melancholy and I eventually left for the warmth of my ship. Today, I realized a few things. I came to this sector because I had to, stayed because I wanted to rest my sins, and they have only gotten worse. I also now know that my symptoms from the pipe to the head are getting worse. I'm twitching more, and half my words don't come out perfect. Its irritating, and I should see a doctor. Do it tomorrow.

Notes and Rules- 004

Stay on Stabs good side

You can feel guilt for criminals

Never take "Razor"

Depression works in mysterious ways.

#18 Chance Handri, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  19. Chance Handri

Log- 019

So, This is really weird. Ive been rummaging around in the ships storage unit, and all kinds of memory jogging things, like the glitch mask, and the plague pirate mask, and all these old maps. I even found some of Captain Steen's journal pages. Anyway, today I found an old audio log near the bottom of the first row of storage units. Its had some writing on the front, but I couldn't really read it. I just shoved it into my Sinex System, and let it play away. It was one of our old crew members audio diaries. She speaks about her wishes to end her career as a pirate. She talks about the robbery's and the raids, but the weird thing was she continued to bring up hostage situations, and genocide. She seems upset, and I do have faded memories of her. A hyotl. Selene? The important thing is I don't remember anything about any of that. The plague only did small jobs, like sticking up small settlements and such. It kinda left me shaken. Stab-Dancer contacted me about freeing Kintwelm from the Katune prison, and Ive been working my guts dry getting a job there. The chief of security is never around. I talked to Bork, he seems pretty shaken. I wonder whats going on his head.

I just realized something. Faded memories writhe in my head, and I can't remember half of the things that happened yesterday. It made me think, did the plague only rob, steal, and cheat? This entire mystery left me one question, and the more I think of it, the more it terrifies me.

How much have I forgotten?

20. Chance Handri

Log- 020

Welp, once again I forgot to write down yesterdays happenings, so this time its a double feature. Today went pretty smooth though, so not much there. Yesterday, I found a crashed escape pod near Wreckfield. It contained a broken glitch, who I tried to fix up. At first I tried calling for engineers, but that didn't do so hot, so I took out a couple odd tools of my own and poked around. By some freaky miracle I actually got the thing to work, and get this, it thinks I'm kind. Like the hiveminds, working for a king, this one believes I am that king. So, now I have a glitch bodyguard named Diadiiaro. Later that day I talked to Stab-Dancer about the prison break, spoke to guy with a weird haircut, and just enjoyed myself. I also got my new glitch friend into the Dionea, so that's a plus. Near the end of the day I met up with Reed, some aviens, and eventually Ziggy. Reed and I spoke about our recent ventures, and one avien named Gustwood and I had a couple insult exchanges, all in good fun of course. I actually enjoy his company, and should make a point of meeting him again. I was also hired to track Bart, the novakid I threw in the slammer a few days ago, down for his brother. Shouldn't be too hard, the guys a walking blunder from what I can see. Anyway, I stole some drinks from the Kero, served to all my friends, (Bork had also arrived) and we had a couple minuets of happy companionship. But only a couple. Stab-Dancer came in with news of Violeta, and I took Bork over to the homeworld to see her. I stood guard as she gave life to Borks new children, now living on the homeworld... Or growing. Whatever they do. The next day was relatively simple. I learned Knitwelm had been freed, so that voided all my hard work. I also heard some creepy radio-signals, but all-in all it was uneventful. Then, I went of to sleep.