1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Anyone else interested in making a video series out of this server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julius Mayne, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I don't know, just seems like an interesting idea to me. Could be fun but I'd need voice actors and plenty of people to help.

Thoughts?

2. Tallen

Tallen New Member

It could be good, it could fail terribly - what would the video show, exactly? What scenes do you have in mind?

3. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

I don't mind lending my voice talents over.. been told I have a smooth, calming voice of sorts. I used to do Let's Plays on Youtube, so take that as you will.

4. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I think, to start out, it would be more comedic than anything else. Something to get a chuckle or laugh out of people.

5. Raideck

Raideck Member

Sounds cool

6. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

I've been thinking about doing something like this recently. Not necessarily for or about the server but just funny starbound videos and some ads or commercials for lunar news as a joke. I'd help.

7. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

I think the using Lunar News as a 'media' to portray the Server will help draw interest..! And also promote the Lunar News as well, especially in Roleplay!

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Indeed.

9. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I'd wanna help. Never helped with something like this before but voice acting always seemed cool. Lunar News would also be pretty cool since it covers pretty much every base of the server.

10. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

I don't know if I'm going to have the time to help, but I'd like to give a potentially helpful opinion; I think that voice acting in a video series would be a bit hard to pull off, unless you somehow manage to have super high-quality, professional voice actors. It might be better to take a kind of text-based RPG approach and use speech bubbles.