1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Walker Trade Conglomerate

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Reidicus, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

Traders of the galaxy; For years, we have wallowed in the murky backwater of the Antares sector, cringing before the iron fists of state after dictatorial state, losing profit and wares to the malevolence of individuals who possess no right to seize our belongings. Traders have suffered in this time of intergalactic turmoil, when conflict throughout Antares has hit a record high, and disputes cannot be restricted to the two warring parties, but spread to all around them. As nomadic peoples ourselves, we face the most persecution, the most danger, and the most loss at the hands of those intergalactic states already present, a factor which affects our ships, wares, profits, and person.

I can no longer stand idly by and watch us traders be exploited by petty governments, I can no longer stand by and watch profit be strained away by inspection after inspection by "officials"

Today, I declare the formation of a new state - the Walker Trade Conglomerate. Divided, we will fall, but united, we may stand strong against those who threaten our businesses. Together, we can safeguard our wares. Together, we can push back the waves of persecution that have embattled us for so long, and spread throughout the Antares sector unhindered by those who would wish to keep us from their colonies. Together, we can unite under one flag, one name, one goal!

Join the WTC today to ensure the safety of yourself and your financial future!

-Chairman Eltaes Walker

2. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Nothing would give more security and happiness than to join this. I have been swindled, abused, and pillaged for far too long. Please send me any information regarding membership dear friend. With an organization like that protecting me, I could finally get my ship back in working order and my marketplace could flourish once more.

- Teek, Avian Merchant and Freighter Pilot

3. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

This seems very interesting, as a freight transport freelancer myself its very bothersome to be stopped and inspected, as well as the ever increasing pirate threat around this sector, especially with some of the more... questionable freight i carry from time to time
    Im interested in seeing as how this will develop. Pls shoot me a PM on details about joining etc if you're interested
    -NebulaAllen

4. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

My good sirs,
    I'm excited to see the WTC has drawn some attention. To apply, please consult our social forum on Starnet. (( Simply ask to join the forum, and as moderator I will allow you to do so! )). There are applications drawn out for a protected trader (( AKA member of the Conglomerate )) and for Board positions.

I await your responses,
    -Eltaes Walker,
    Chairman of the Board

5. Lord Apple

Lord Apple New Member

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am Member of the Board and representative for A.P. Inc., recently arrived in this area. I have been asked by our Chairman to suggest a Cooperation in this Sector. Think carefully about this offer.
    -Constantine Appleton

6. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

What does your company do? What are the details of this offer? What are you purposing if it's decided that such an alliance isn't in our best interests? A great deal of more details are needed Sir before two parties can enter into such an allegiance.

Teek, Freighter Pilot and Merchant

((Also if you just joined Friday, not to be rude but what is the significance of your character or company that would suddenly have so much weight to enter into such negotiations as well as one with mild threatening undertone? This galaxy takes faction diplomacy and warfare quite seriously. I've seen entire colonies and factions that have stood for years wiped off the face of the universe overnight.))

7. Lord Apple

Lord Apple New Member

Good Sir,
    Nothing as of yet, it's for future purposes, I just wish to lower possible competition, some regulations. For both our sakes.
    -Constantin Appleton

((Also if you just joined Friday, not to be rude but what is the significance of your character or company that would suddenly have so much weight to enter into such negotiations as well as one with mild threatening undertone? This galaxy takes faction diplomacy and warfare quite seriously. I've seen entire colonies and factions that have stood for years wiped off the face of the universe overnight.))[/QUOTE]
    ((I know, I know, but don't worry, I don't have any bad intentions. I just need some help getting started. I was hoping for some assistance, but I'm perfectly fine doing it on my own. Also, none taken.))

8. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Perhaps you care to join us then? With how treacherous these parts of space can be with colonial turmoil, savages, pirates, and menacing penguins; it would do you well to have some allies. If in time after you have built yourself up and wish to strike out on your own, nothing would stop you. The more merchants and trade companies united together, the greater chance of a fair market and safety for all.

Teek, Freighter Pilot and Merchant.

9. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

I have not heard of an A.P Inc. before, and so, understandably, am a bit dubious as to the trustworthiness of your corporation. I do not like to make alliances without validating the nature of the organization I am dealing with. Either send me a message through Starnet explaining the nature of your faction, or expect no response in the future. As of now, I have no reason to consider A.P Inc. as a potential ally or trade partner, especially in times of conflict where espionage and treachery become weapons of war.

Eltaes Walker,
    Chairman of the Board

10. Lord Apple

Lord Apple New Member

Is is really that bad in this area? Hmmm. And I indeed have been very interested in joining you, not as an ally or indeed trade partner, rather as an actual part of your company. Because, well, they gave me my final paycheck. Maybe they didnt forgive me for that time I accidentally crashed a company spacecraft into the HQ, and I think my progress on building my facilities was too slow.

In short, I am interested in joining your Conglomorate. Just tell me what I need to do to prove myself.
    -Constantine Appleton, Jobless

11. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

I appreciate your candor Mr.Appleton. The WTC is accepting members at the time. Please check our social forum page on Starnet for further instructions as to the application process

Eltaes Walker,
    Chairman of the Board