1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So about the character wipe...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaintedMythos, Feb 11, 2015.

1. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Is there any way to bring characters back? I tried to put the character files into the giraffe_storage (or whatever it's called) and that didn't do anything. Is there a way to bring them back, or am I going to remake any characters that I want to RP?

2. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

As a recommendation, no matter how you can save a character.. I would start a fresh one for the simple fact that many mechanics have changed. You are better off learning how to play with the new system on a new character than using a previously existing one- especially since many of the high end ores and metals are now ID'd differently.

Yes, it bites.. but at the same time it is as if it is a new game entirely with how things like planet exploration and tech work now.

3. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Ok, thanks. Is there any way to backdate my game so I can note down the items my characters had so I can re-create them? iLikecheating still works, right?

4. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

If you had any custom or special items that cant be remade in game I cna update them from your old player file, if needed.

5. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

Nope, I could never get StarCheat working for me. If you know how to backdate the game and/or if iLikecheating (or something else that's approved for the server) is working for this version of Starbound, that'd be great.

6. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

bump

7. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Well, it's not gonna help you much now, but Chucklefish did say they were going to release a tool sometime in the future that'll update old character files to the current Starbound version. (And they'll definitely deliver, right? It's not like they've broken promises before... Right..?)

Anyway, other than that or Cole's suggestion, I don't think there's much that can be done to save old character files, sadly.