1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starbound D&D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Toadkid1234, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

So I recently got into D&D because of a dear friend of mine and its pretty fun. I wasn't sure at first because D&D is a fantasy game with magic and shit and I don't like magic, but I played it anyway. I liked it a lot but I still didnt like the whole magic thing, plus old-timey fantasy isn't my favorite.

Then I was like "Yoooooo, I should invent Starbound D&D" and I did.

By invent, I mean I used d20 Modern and d20 Future mechanics and rules and merged Starbound races and lore with them. I only have to test combat mechanics and do a live beta test with my D&D comrades. Hopefully it works. Maybe, just maybe, if they like it a lot, they can get into SBRP here, and I will be praised by the almighty Kazyyk our savior for adding to server population. Yaaaaaay. Also, I'm merging other sci fi stuff into the game for funsies, like ships from Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous and shite like that.

pls dont h8

TL;DR I threw together an unholy starbound tabletop game using preexisting stuff on google docs, and hopefully it goes well. Progress reports will be posted here.

#1 Toadkid1234, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  2. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

DnD doesn't always have to be old timey fantasy. I recently did a short session about the cold war actually turning into WW3. Like fallout except more WW2 tech.

Anyways. I'd be interested.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Oh, I meant I'm doing this with like friends irl on campus who play D&D. Trying to show them the epicness of Starbound RP and stuff. I was just letting y'all know cuz, well, you guys play starbound, and you roleplay, and... yeah idk.

Oh, and a lot of the lore and stuff going on is based on stuff that happened on this server, like Taranis and Outcasts and stuff like that. So yeah.

4. Snitch

Snitch New Member

AND RAAAADICAL INDUSTRIES, CAPITAL NEWS TO HEAR, GOOD SIR!!

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

For future reference, I recommend playing Shadowrun. A sci-fi cyberpunk tabletop. Magic is in it, but so is all that good ol sciencey stuff we love. Also uses a basic d6 dice pool system too. It leads to some fun stuff.

For your Starbound DnD, you should just cameo like all of us. Like have Ray be awkward with Katta somewhere and Aubrey and Smoke getting into taser fights.

6. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I dont have any friends interested in DnD irl, lucky you.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

That's the plan! :D Planning on doing some bigger stuff with Antarean lore too, like HKC, Holy Fleet, Taranis, Reilzurraut Armada type stuff.
    Helps to go to a school where everyone is a geeky nerd. :p

8. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

..I've never played dnd. I don't even know how to play it. Does this mean my RP'ers card is gonna get revoked?

But if I ever did learn and found someone who likes rp (there's a LARP club at my school but that's for nerds and I'm a geek and nerds =/= geeks so that option is dead) I'd wanna do something like Rimworld with starbound influences. Or something.

TLDR: I publicly shamed myself by admiring I don't do DnD and thought of a crappy idea

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Are there kobolds in it?

10. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

i think some religion had a kobold as god :p

11. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I had kobolds in a campaign I dm'd. I gave all the options to peacefully negotiate with the kobold camp.
    They decided to roll natural 20 to burn the whole place down and decapitate everything sadly.

Okay, I love and play both games and that'd be cool. I'm still pitching Shadowrun. It's a good thing that at my school, I run a board game club and am attractive (jk) enough to get people to play tabletops.

We should all have a roll20 session! Just because you don't have people around doesn't mean we can't share in the arrr peee. I have a tutorial campaign I made that I can run if people wanna learn. The glory of the online era!

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Hey, I hadn't played D&D until like 5 weeks ago, so no hard feelings! And hey, nerds can be geeks to. AKA me. Yay.

Beginning the game this coming weekend, still planning the campaign and stuff. Wish me luck! I'll post pictures and keep you all updated on all the blasphemous lore-breaking I will be doing.

13. Narfball

Narfball narfball

give misfit a cameo
    like he dont even gotta be big
    just
    "asdasd shitposting asdasd"

14. CaptainBritton02

but you do in the USAF chat m8

15. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

internet =/= irl

16. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

screw you nerd you need to get like the fourth expansion pack with the spells and the magic and the new dagger and stuff

Jokes aside, I loved D&D when I played it. It's what introduced me into roleplaying, which I never thought I'd do at first.
    Right now, I could've been some COD FaZe kid that screams into the mic, "IF YOU HELPED ME UP WE WOULDNT HAVE LOST THE FIFTH WAVE"

17. CaptainBritton02

internet is irl. internet is luv, internet is lif.

18. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

This...
    This is A LIE!

19. CaptainBritton02

No, THIS IS SPARTA

20. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I WOULD LOVE TO INCLUDE CAMEOS OF ALL YOUR CHARACTERS! I WAS HOPING SOMEONE WOULD SAY THAT.

Lemme know any specifics of your character and like what you want them doing or like whatever. I don't know all of your characters so yeah that would help. Maybe if you're good I'll make you part of the story or something!