1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Lunar News: Issue One

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Zephzer, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

[​IMG]
    Price: 15 Pixels

Editor Note ~
    Hello people of the sector, and thank you for taking the time to read the very first issue of Lunar News. My name is Kylar Johnson, founder and lead journalist / reporter for Lunar News. I came to the frontier hoping to make a decent living as a reporter. Upon arriving here I soon realized that you do not have very many news companies out here. Since then it has become my goal to found my very own successful news crew. My new goal took me from planet to planet searching for some young blood interested in being a star. I bumped into a young man named James. He was an experience pilot but was looking into gaining fame so I hired him on as an unpaid intern. The key word being unpaid since at that point I had spent all my money on fuel. James now drives me around when we hear word of a new story and he also serves as my camera man. I hope you enjoy the rest of the article and I thank you for helping my dream become reality. We hope to raise enough money to hire more staff and even eventually make our own office and broadcasting company so we do not have to post to Starnet. One day we shall be on every display device in this sector!

- Kylar Johnson

[​IMG]
    (Kylar and James | Photo Credit: James)

Fresh fish to dine for!

You got a cankering for sea food? Spend your time on the moon but wish you could take a nice trip? Kero Kero Restaurant is the place for you. Located at x: -77 y: 95 the Kero Kero Restaurant is an ocean side café housing some of the finest cuisine I have ever eaten. Our lead journalist, Kylar Johnson visited Kero Kero and this is what he had to say, “Oh boy! I had some fish and mashed potatoes with quality wine. Not only was the food good but the atmosphere was quite relaxing.” Our crew here at Lunar News has heard nothing but positive words about Kero Kero Café and recommend it to anyone in the nearby area.

Lunar News rates it at a 9/10

[​IMG]
    (Kero Kero Cafe | Photo Credit: Kylar)

Rustic Bars and good music

Another location that is perfect for any space traveler is the Smoking Barrel bar. It is located a few solar systems away from Kero Kero. Our team visited the bar while looking for breaking news stories. Bummed out about not finding any stories the team sat down for some beers and good music at the Smoking Barrel. Our intern James had this to say, “I’ll give you a quote if you ever pay me. The bar was alright though. A little too dark is my only complaint.” James gives a real pessimistic view of the bar. Another patron who asked to go unnamed had this to say, “What I really liked is that my drink was only 8 pixels. When I paid the bartender 10 pixels as a tip he told me he didn’t take tips. He then told me refills only cost one pixel so I could get 2 refills for my pixels! One pixel refills are the best!”

Lunar News rates it at a 8/10

[​IMG]
    (Smoking Barrel Bar | Photo Credit: James)

When Avians Attack

Our final story for this issue is a much more tragic topic. It involves a young Nova Kid who was assaulted by an angry Avian. We were able to question the Nova Kid who was still quite shaken up after the incident. “I saw some weird people making a commotion in the house, and went there. The moment I said hi, I’m greeted with a burst of bullets.” When questioned more about the appearance of the Avain or where they went the Nova Kid was still too upset from the assault. Luck for him the bullet only left a hole in his hat. Also rumors have been passed around that this Avain is some sort of Kleux Fanatic. The Nova Kid had one thing to tell us before we left and that was, “Stay away from Avians with guns.” That’s good advice for anyone. More importantly if someone has any leads please contact Lunar News so we can get the full story.

[​IMG]
    (Unnamed Nova Kid | Photo Credit: James)

2. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

I like this newspaper. It's a little bit short, but at least it's actual news. And it's absolutely better than the propaganda papers we got from the Miniknog. If you - the writers - would like it, I could write them a little column with interesting things, or news, from the biological side of this sector. It'd be nice to teach everyone a little more about the universe we're living in.
    ~ Zoya Capuchin

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I'd say "Stay away from Florans with guns" but apparently that's racist. -Skarti

4. Tallen

Tallen New Member

"Stay away from people with guns" would be appropriate if only Antares didn't have more firearms than aliens in the first place.

I would like to say the Kero Kero Restaurant has a lot more to offer than seafood - salads, fruits dishes, meat, drinks... We have two chefs of different specialties and a wide selection of drinks. Hylotl can also access a special underwater lounge if they so choose. Our naturalist would be delighted to talk to you about our local fauna and flora, and we have guest rooms in our treehouse for patrons. Of course I'm one of the cooks there so if you want take anything I say as a grain of salt.

- Glauen.

5. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

Hey. I would be interested to get some added columns to the paper. The problem is at the moment I don't have the money to pay you. I just wanted to get this paper out quickly so I could start making a little bit of cash, cause I'm honestly broke at the moment.

- Kylar

6. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

Oh, don't worry about that. I'll gladly write it for free. After all, it's just something I'd enjoy doing.
    ~ Zoya Capuchin

7. Deadkool-aid

Deadkool-aid New Member

I've sent you my resume, I'd be interested in writing for you. As for pay, I'd be happy to do it for the exposure.
    -Naftali

8. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Wow this is cool! I'm gonna check that Kero Kero place out then! I really would like to see if they serve steamed mussels with grilled avesmingo!

- HeartBeat

9. UrbanCritter

UrbanCritter The Elusive Antaran Raccoon

[email protected]
    Interesting. May I convince you to come review my own colony's club and cafe?

10. Deadkool-aid

Deadkool-aid New Member

I'm Naftali, for Lunar News, I'd be interested in reviewing your club and cafe.

11. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

flrn eat stpid borrds