1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mac users beware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gorbachev, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

The update don't work on the mac. The launcher doesn't work on the Mac, so I guess all of us Mac folk will will have to wait until CF releases an update.

2. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Have you tried running the client directly from the installation? (Not really familiar with Mac, sorry if this isn't actually an option)

3. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

It says that Starbound.app wasn't found. I guess that's the source of the problem.

4. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

The launcher doesn't work, yes. But you don't have to start it through steam, just open your finder, hit ( cmd + shift + G ), type "~/Library/" in the menu that pops up then go to "Application Support" -> "Steam" -> "Steam Apps" -> "Common" -> "Starbound" and you'd find the starbound app there. Starting it from there should work (remember to remove mods though).

5. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'm on Mac, and it works just fine for me. But then I run the game directly out of its steamapps folder anyways.

6. Narfball

Narfball narfball

i ran the game directly through steam, and im on a mac.

it works fine.

dolphin noises