1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Payday 2 "INSPIRED" Robber Group

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Not A President, Dec 28, 2014.

1. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I think he's trying to say that when you get down to it, this idea isn't really any different from a lot of other factions or groups that have existed on the server over time, and that there isn't really much to rob either. He's just saying this kind of stuff in a really dickish way.

2. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

In all seriousness:

People who play on this server like to use consent as a shield, and don't really understand the concept of fear.

In other words: good idea, bad place for it.

3. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Waah.
    I would've picked different words if I wanted to sound "really dickish".

But thanks for clearing that out. Since these guys seemed to cling onto just one thing that was mentioned and ignored the rest.

4. OdinOnlineAlive

OdinOnlineAlive New Member

Here is a better idea. Be bonnie and clyde. Hire all the mad gunmen. Die in a shoot out with the police in your "Death Shuttle".
    Wear cool hats.

It won't work. Also, why are there so many mercenaries? What are they even mercenary-ing?

5. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

A fair question. I don't think we'll ever know the answer.

6. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Instead executing big hits, it could work if done properly using fake identities. New Chicago event may haven't worked properly, and expecting it at it's first try is excessive. Why I am saying this? Because a similar group did that in the past, they simply made their hits mostly unseen, acting fast and bailing out before they got in trouble. Keeping to use the entire server's population begins to be recurrent, and again, even if it's for pure paranoia something won't be fair, contact staff as soon something happens and it derails into an OOC argument or even before it starts. Staff overseing fights is possible.

I'm going to refer user CrimsonHunter when a thread was made about IC combats. If there are more than three combatants, I contact staff.
    Staff can work to control it out, but we can do only as much if no one even bothers. May take time? Possibly, everyone has their lives and timezones. But if someone believes we are patrolling server 24/7 and looking through logs what is happening after every restart, that is not how it works. We need to be contacted. We do need reports to take action. And we prefer that way instead finding out an argument on server or forums. So far I've been called twice to solve issues with fights and I did answer them as it's the role I have taken.

About taking hostages: if it's only situational and not ending as a kidnapping, my personal opinion is letting it happen as long consent isn't broken regarding it's life. Speak with them prior of your intentions.

That's been happening for months. More than worrying why so many, I prefer to look at their behaviour. There's a difference between drawing a gun and pointing it, the reasons to do it (it's not the same witnessing a fistfight than hearing a gunshot or drawn guns), and more importantly, if the actions taken are reasonable enough depending on character (peaceful vs aggressive), if they outright run into fights, or trying to keep away from them.

#26 Keycross, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
  7. ZeeDubyah

ZeeDubyah New Member

For the record, Taranis has enacted a law that prevents anyone from carrying around high-powered weapons. Everyone there is extremely vulnerable to this kind of attack.

That is, if the bandits can smuggle the weapons in.